Week 2: MNF Browns vs Jets

Bobby816

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Yup and that got your back up knocked out for the season and multiple 3rd down and forever situations. You simply chip block with your RB or your TE. It's not like we were throwing Griffin the ball anyway. I would have been okay if Myles didn't go untouched so many times but we didn't even try in the first half. You still have Robby and Crowder out there that can make plays. Targeted Robby like once or twice in the first half. Montgomery can make plays as well. I didn't expect to win, but he could have done better with his plan to protect the QB. 

The right side wasn’t getting quick pressure. Garrett coming in free seemed like communication issues rather than just leaving Bell to chip. 

And again if he’s not option to get the ball to then we’re down to Crowder only who was nonexistent. 

A lot of things are easy to say but it’s not as if his plan was to 7 step drop and attack vertically. 

Lack of creativity is such a funny buzz term fans use when things aren’t going well. 

At the end of the day the line has to block for anything to even develop, receivers have to get open and catch the ball. 

If getting the ball to your best playmaker in space isn’t enough, considering the pressure they were putting on the line then you simply didn’t want us to win. 

7 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Lack of creativity is such a funny buzz term fans use when things aren’t going well. 

At the end of the day the line has to block for anything to even develop, receivers have to get open and catch the ball. 

If getting the ball to your best playmaker in space isn’t enough, considering the pressure they were putting on the line then you simply didn’t want us to win. 

Creativity is not a buzz word.  It means, in this case, when the opposing D is stacking 8/9 in the box and sending 7 in on either run/pass blitzes you need to be creative to combat that.  Which is find a way to beat it.  When you beat that defense a few times, the stop running it.  Sending that many guys in as the Browns did Monday leaves someone or multiple guys either wide open or with one on one coverage.  As an OC you HAVE to find ways to exploit that. 

Its only two games but Gase has to get his act together.  D has played well but the O has to step up and give them help.

8 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Darnold said his body shut down after the Bills game. 

Imagine what he was going through during it. 

I agree. I think he was getting the effects of Mono during that game. He looked slow and just did not have the energy for opening day of the season for them. I do think we found a good backup in Luke Falk. I really liked him coming out of college a few years ago. I actually had him third over all for QB. I had 1. Mayfield 2. Darnold 3. Falk 4. Allen and Rosen was around 6 or 7 for me. 

7 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

Creativity is not a buzz word.  It means, in this case, when the opposing D is stacking 8/9 in the box and sending 7 in on either run/pass blitzes you need to be creative to combat that.  Which is find a way to beat it.  When you beat that defense a few times, the stop running it.  Sending that many guys in as the Browns did Monday leaves someone or multiple guys either wide open or with one on one coverage.  As an OC you HAVE to find ways to exploit that. 

Its only two games but Gase has to get his act together.  D has played well but the O has to step up and give them help.

It is tho. 

Example; how often is a successful play Called creative? Not much but when you’re not executing the lack of “creativity” is always referenced but at the end of the day it comes down to execution. 

Was Bellamy’s drop not creative enough? He was wide open in the middle of the field. 

Was Robby not getting that DPI in the End Zone creative enough? He was open in the back of the EZ for 6. 

Execution matters and that’s not being referenced enough. 

Partly due to frustration, partly due to preconceived opinions of Gase and we just plain don’t have the talent upfront to give our guys a chance. 

Archived