Nene signs 2/20 million deal

Pastor Dillon

Normally this wouldn’t warrant its own thread but it’s off season and it brings up an interesting talking point. 

Morey gave nene nearly 8 million in bonuses that are deemed likely, therefore his 10 million can all be used in a trade but morey obviously has no plan on him meeting those bonuses and I assume nene knows this already too. 

With the way the nets did deals for Durant and Irving to preserve cap space to sign Jordan and now thus obvious skat around the rules 

is the NBA going to look at changing this or is it not a big deal?

It’s interesting that his first bonus is for playing 10 games, 2nd for playing 25 and 3rd for playing 40. 

Its almost like he said “I’m done” and the rockets convinced him to take 2 million in exchange for helping them have trade cap and with the promise he wouldn’t have to actually play 

he’s basically in the Coach Ne contract 

No one is playing the “victim card” y’all need to get over your hatred for the rockets, not everything a rockets fan says should be dismissed because of some irrational hatred for a team  

This is a legit shame, the league has bad rules in place and the rockets exploited it and the league is changing things after the fact. It’s a joke. 

The NBA has to change the way it does incentives. The nets were able to Land and All NBA center because they were able to circumvent the incentive rules 

On 9/20/2019 at 7:46 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

No one is playing the “victim card” y’all need to get over your hatred for the rockets, not everything a rockets fan says should be dismissed because of some irrational hatred for a team  

This is a legit shame, the league has bad rules in place and the rockets exploited it and the league is changing things after the fact. It’s a joke. 

The NBA has to change the way it does incentives. The nets were able to Land and All NBA center because they were able to circumvent the incentive rules 

You literally just said it was a scam that the league didn't allow the contract.  Are you denying the fact that it was clear as day cap circumvention?  If you can't see the night and day difference between DeAndre Jordan and Nene, we can't help you.

10 hours ago, CWood21 said:

You literally just said it was a scam that the league didn't allow the contract.  Are you denying the fact that it was clear as day cap circumvention?  If you can't see the night and day difference between DeAndre Jordan and Nene, we can't help you.

The only night and day difference is that you don’t like the rockets. 

Ive said it was clear as day cap circumvention but it was totally within the rules. The nba should change the rules but not after the fact. 

On 9/24/2019 at 6:33 AM, Pastor Dillon said:

Ive said it was clear as day cap circumvention but it was totally within the rules. The nba should change the rules but not after the fact. 

it's a fraudulent contract dude. not signed in good faith at all. the league did what they should have done and they would have done it with any team. 

On 9/24/2019 at 6:33 AM, Pastor Dillon said:

I could honestly care less about the Rockets.  They're irrelevant to me.  I hate the Celtics (for obvious reasons) and now the Clippers.  You can't have cap circumvention and be okay.  That's breaking the spirit of the CBA, which is EXACTLY why the NBA had to nix that deal.  You're literally appealing to GMs, coaches, agents, etc. to work in those grey area in the CBA if you let deals like this go through.  That's the exact opposite of what the NBA wants, and should be exact same mentality you should take.  But it doesn't work in favor of the Rockets, you're upset.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I could honestly care less about the Rockets.  They're irrelevant to me.  I hate the Celtics (for obvious reasons) and now the Clippers.  You can't have cap circumvention and be okay.  That's breaking the spirit of the CBA, which is EXACTLY why the NBA had to nix that deal.  You're literally appealing to GMs, coaches, agents, etc. to work in those grey area in the CBA if you let deals like this go through.  That's the exact opposite of what the NBA wants, and should be exact same mentality you should take.  But it doesn't work in favor of the Rockets, you're upset.

I’ve never denied it cap circumvention. It is. It’s also not against the rules. The nba should give the rockets the option to void the deal all together if they want to instead of coming in after the fact. Change the rules if you don’t like them.