Introducing your 2017 captains...

Broncofan

25 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

You mean the time Talib pushed his own teammate during a game....I mean last year was a terrible year for him in the public spotlight..c'mon man.

Did you watch the play? By all accounts, Talib was attempting to calm Todd Davis down, who then took exception to it and shoved Talib.

I wouldn't want him to date my daughter- but being a captain isn't about that. It's about being a locker room guy and that is exactly what Talib is. The guys respect and admire him, he has their backs and he's a vocal leader. That's what a captain should be. 

13 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

Did you watch the play? By all accounts, Talib was attempting to calm Todd Davis down, who then took exception to it and shoved Talib.

I wouldn't want him to date my daughter- but being a captain isn't about that. It's about being a locker room guy and that is exactly what Talib is. The guys respect and admire him, he has their backs and he's a vocal leader. That's what a captain should be. 

norwood.0.gif

I am talking about this play from last season.. where he pushed his teammate when his back was turned.

Like I said I am fine with Talib being a captain. I just find it odd you don't think Sanders should be because of his body language while you're fine with Talib being a captain who has shown to not be the perfect teammate you make him out to be. lol

10 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Why is there even a discussion about who deserves to be a captain? The players voted. We don't know better than the players. The end.

I mean it's the same reason why we debate who should start or sit, the coaches make the determination but we still can have discussions about it.. 

5 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

This is different. We see these guys play. We don't see anything in the locker room.

You are right, we can't see what happens in the locker room but certainly there are interviews and reports that come from the locker room. I mean if there is a thread, a discussion can take place. Shoot, I recall last year there was reports the locker rooms were at a divide, there surely was a discussion then, don't see why there can't be one now.

Anyways, like all differentiating opinions on these forums, we can continue or just end it. I am fine ending this.

31 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

You are right, we can't see what happens in the locker room but certainly there are interviews and reports that come from the locker room. I mean if there is a thread, a discussion can take place. Shoot, I recall last year there was reports the locker rooms were at a divide, there surely was a discussion then, don't see why there can't be one now.

Anyways, like all differentiating opinions on these forums, we can continue or just end it. I am fine ending this.

Yeah, I don't think he's a perfect teammate but it's telling that the team voted him in. I think it was a good pick. 

Either way, I'm fine with agreeing to disagree. 

Talib is a leader, he's vocal, he's a veteran, he's been to Pro Bowls, he's an All-Pro. We can take issue with a few things, such as the push of Jordan Norwood, but you can't argue on those other points. I'm a little surprised that Talib was chosen over Chris Harris Jr. but I'm not surprised he was chosen. 

1 hour ago, iLikeDefense said:

It's fine to discuss, I just personally don't get it. The players are around each other every day. Nobody deserves it more than the five players voted captain, because their teammates vouched for them. If Emmanuel Sanders or Chris Harris or anyone else deserved to be captain, they would have earned more votes. There's nothing to second guess, unlike the game itself.

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

Jordan Norwood is the worst 

I can think of 5 Broncos I thought were worse and that I hated more. lol

Nate Webster, Kyle Orton, Chris Simms, Eddie Kennison, Alphonso Smith..yuck

At least Norwood made a play in SB50 but he was sucky at everything else.

Archived