Trent Williams

BZski

8 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

lets see how Decker does this week,  I would take Williams on our team we would prob have to extend him he only has 1 yr left on his deal not counting this yr.

Yes, I would agree on that. It would also make sense for us to do that depending on what we give up for him.

2 hours ago, MortexLion said:

So spend 50 mill plus on one guy and make our cap **** again...no thanks plus the guys had plenty of injury's.

I agree. I know it's tough guys. But I can almost guarentee Trent wil ljust come collect a paycheck from Detroit. His career is almost over. He was a superstar LT for years. But we can't even expect him to be that guy anymore. I think we'll fid our guy in the draft. This is what happens when you dont just draft the best talent on the board...almost ever position can use an upgrade with reason. Evem if its Snakes being how old he is. Fathertime comes for us all...and I fan of Trents leadership. I know media skews image and I am not even on the line playing with him. But idk i digress 

Williams talent is unquestionable. I disagree that he would simply come to Detroit to collect a paycheque. He has never been that type of player during his career.

However it becomes cost versus number of years effective playing and if rumours are correct Washington turned down a 1st round pick for him.

Decker had the worst pass blocking stats of his career and is out of the lineup with a back injury. Its entirely possible the injury hampered his play last game. His last game is not an accurate reflection of his ability unless hes totally forgotten how to play  football.

If they want to upgrade at LT it appears the draft is the most likely way to achieve that goal.

23 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

Williams talent is unquestionable. I disagree that he would simply come to Detroit to collect a paycheque. He has never been that type of player during his career.

However it becomes cost versus number of years effective playing and if rumours are correct Washington turned down a 1st round pick for him.

Decker had the worst pass blocking stats of his career and is out of the lineup with a back injury. Its entirely possible the injury hampered his play last game. His last game is not an accurate reflection of his ability unless hes totally forgotten how to play  football.

If they want to upgrade at LT it appears the draft is the most likely way to achieve that goal.

If a guy like this wants to get paid and not be viewed as an aging star that has lost a step, he would have to come here and be a difference maker. So I agree with you, if he joins the Lions he is not just going to be stagnant and collect a paycheque.

Cost is absolutely an issue here. A 1st round pick for Williams is rich for a 31 year old guy.

You could be right on Decker's injury and how it affected his play. It'll be interesting to see how he fares when he gets back into the lineup for us.

I was listening to the Stick To Football podcast and they were discussing Stanford OT Walker Little. He is out for the season with an injury. They were suggesting that he might enter the draft as opposed to going back to Stanford. While it's only a projection, they were discussing him as a guy who would likely go rounds 2-3. However, he was a 1st round prospect pre-injury. He's an interesting guy to look out for during the draft process. It's easy to overlook guys who don't have recent tape and coming off of an injury.

• Like 1