What we should do if Mitch is not the guy

WindyCity

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

If they lose to the Broncos and Trubisky plays poorly, at least it would be more justified. This one game thing is overboard. Where's the thread for Nagy's firing, or Pace's, or Whitehair's, or Leno's, or Miller's, or Shaheen's?

It's 100% clear Whitehair and Daniels have no talent.  They played really bad on Thurs.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Mitch Trubisky is still making rookie mistakes in his third season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1k_G9tIcgM&feature=youtu.be

Brett Favre was still making piss poor throws into 3 guys when he was 35.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

It's 100% clear Whitehair and Daniels have no talent.  They played really bad on Thurs.

Don't forget Leno. They should cut him now. That or restock draft picks they lost when they traded up for Trustinksy

• Like 3

7 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Brett Favre was still making piss poor throws into 3 guys when he was 35.

Don't forget Leno. They should cut him now. That or restock draft picks they lost when they traded up for Trustinksy

Get rid of Montgomery and Cohen too, since they aren't good enough to warrant runs. 

Keep Coward though. Didn't miss a single block last week. 

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

Get rid of Montgomery and Cohen too, since they aren't good enough to warrant runs. 

Keep Coward though. Didn't miss a single block last week. 

Plus Coward had a lot of preseason snaps so he would've been ready to go against Green Bay, not like that bum Leno thanks to that loser Nagy!

Even if we draft a new QB in the 2021 draft and eventually get rid of Mitch, I still wouldn't put the total blame on Pace. The reason why the Bears are so piss poor at drafting QBs is because we really didn't have the system in place to plug in a college player and be great. Green Bay has the pedigree of developing QBs and WRs which is why their offenses are successful. Also, the Chiefs had successful teams even with Alex Smith at the helm because of their offensive system with Reid and their elite weapons. I think we got rid of John Fox one year too late. If we had Nagy a year earlier, he would have his say in which QB to draft. He's just making the best of that pick.

On the positive side, rookie contracts are a good way of beefing up the rest of the roster. I rather be drafting new QBs constantly and searching for a top 5-7 QB than paying 30 million for a mediocre QB like Minnesota did. It's only been one game against our biggest rival and I'm going to wait this season out before I consider getting rid of Mitch. Also, Pace has carved out his own niche with his hits on mid to late round picks. I'm still very much in favor of how he turned around this team from the John Fox era.

16 minutes ago, BACK2MACKSACK said:

Even if we draft a new QB in the 2021 draft and eventually get rid of Mitch, I still wouldn't put the total blame on Pace. The reason why the Bears are so piss poor at drafting QBs is because we really didn't have the system in place to plug in a college player and be great. Green Bay has the pedigree of developing QBs and WRs which is why their offenses are successful. Also, the Chiefs had successful teams even with Alex Smith at the helm because of their offensive system with Reid and their elite weapons. I think we got rid of John Fox one year too late. If we had Nagy a year earlier, he would have his say in which QB to draft. He's just making the best of that pick.

On the positive side, rookie contracts are a good way of beefing up the rest of the roster. I rather be drafting new QBs constantly and searching for a top 5-7 QB than paying 30 million for a mediocre QB like Minnesota did. It's only been one game against our biggest rival and I'm going to wait this season out before I consider getting rid of Mitch. Also, Pace has carved out his own niche with his hits on mid to late round picks. I'm still very much in favor of how he turned around this team from the John Fox era.

I agree that they haven't had a real system in place, that was one of the biggest reasons for Cutler being a failed trade here. But it would still circle back to Pace for hiring Nagy if that is the root of Tru busting. When Pace was picking his HC - as Fox seemed forced on him - he already had made his pick and bet his money on Tru being his franchise QB. He had already acquired talent to make the team competitive, and the QB was one of two major holes to be filled (EDGE being the other as Floyd was terrible in that role).

So his HC had to fit two primary criteria (among others I'm sure):

1) Install a system for a QB and skill positions to master over years

2) Develop Trubisky

As of right now there is no system, not one that anyone is going to thrive in. Throwing 30+ consecutive times is something I don't think Martz had ever done. That is HS nonsense, especially when he did so little to really help the QB. Nagy was horrid last week and needs to bounce back. Nagy a year earlier or later seems to be irrelevant. He has not shown to be a good playcaller here yet and at least for the moment seems to be a benefactor of Reid rather than the primary one for Smith and Mahomes' development.

While Cousins isn't elite, he has proven to be a much more productive QB than Trubisky is. If there isn't substantial improvement then Pace may double down on his pick and extend Tru even if he isn't worth the contract. I'd hope he could swallow his pride and and move on, but that is talk for another year. I still expect a jump and am doubling down on the 30 TDs to 12 INTs I called prior to the season.

9 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I agree that they haven't had a real system in place, that was one of the biggest reasons for Cutler being a failed trade here. But it would still circle back to Pace for hiring Nagy if that is the root of Tru busting. When Pace was picking his HC - as Fox seemed forced on him - he already had made his pick and bet his money on Tru being his franchise QB. He had already acquired talent to make the team competitive, and the QB was one of two major holes to be filled (EDGE being the other as Floyd was terrible in that role).

So his HC had to fit two primary criteria (among others I'm sure):

1) Install a system for a QB and skill positions to master over years

2) Develop Trubisky

As of right now there is no system, not one that anyone is going to thrive in. Throwing 30+ consecutive times is something I don't think Martz had ever done. That is HS nonsense, especially when he did so little to really help the QB. Nagy was horrid last week and needs to bounce back. Nagy a year earlier or later seems to be irrelevant. He has not shown to be a good playcaller here yet and at least for the moment seems to be a benefactor of Reid rather than the primary one for Smith and Mahomes' development.

While Cousins isn't elite, he has proven to be a much more productive QB than Trubisky is. If there isn't substantial improvement then Pace may double down on his pick and extend Tru even if he isn't worth the contract. I'd hope he could swallow his pride and and move on, but that is talk for another year. I still expect a jump and am doubling down on the 30 TDs to 12 INTs I called prior to the season.

If MT can't get it together this year for whatever reason  I would be okay with going after someone like Cousins or equal to Cousins or Cousins himself.  Especially if Vikings don't want to pay that last year.  Not Alex Smith.  Not Alex Smith. I did not hit her. I did not.  Oh hi Mark. 

I am not ready to say MT can't be equivalent of what Cousin is though.  I think he can.  It's mental.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

If MT can't get it together this year for whatever reason  I would be okay with going after someone like Cousins or equal to Cousins or Cousins himself.  Especially if Vikings don't want to pay that last year.  Not Alex Smith.  Not Alex Smith. I did not hit her. I did not.  Oh hi Mark. 

I am not ready to say MT can't be equivalent of what Cousin is though.  I think he can.  It's mental.  

Absolutely, I just meant up to this point, his ceiling IMO is higher than Cousins' but we have to see if he will live up to it and if Nagy and Helfrich can be trusted to develop a young QB. 

9 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Philip Rivers is unsigned for next year as of right now.  Just sayin if we are spit balling worst case scenarios re MT.  I like that idea a heck of a lot better than an Alex Smith idea.

QB is always an interesting position where teams feel they need to pick a guy for the next decade or cut bait and draft a prospect. There will be some interesting names available in the offseason.

I could see guys like Mariota or Winston being available. Even Tom Brady seems headed for another series of contract negotiations.

Edited by abstract_thought