What we should do if Mitch is not the guy

WindyCity

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Not keeping Floyd with how he is playing would be a mistake. He is the Bears best defender right now.

Yeah except his previous years have been full of injuries and inconsistent play. I hope this is the real Floyd if they do extend him but I could see Pace dealing him for a 2 and a 4 if he continues to play this way

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Kaepernick isn't bad, and it's a joke he's out of the league. 

But he's nobody's answer at starter...

I wholeheartedly disagree, he shouldn't be in the league.  He wasn't good as a starter, and he is too much of an off the field distraction for a team to take on as a backup.  Plus its been years since he was on a team.  Sure he might be better than some backups, but I don't think he's better than many at this point.  He wouldnt' be starting for Pittsburgh or New Orleans right now in my opinion.  

With all that said, absolutely want no part of him on the Bears, obviously.

Edited by TankWilliams

3 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

I wholeheartedly disagree, he shouldn't be in the league.  He wasn't good as a starter, and he is too much of an off the field distraction for a team to take on as a backup.  Plus its been years since he was on a team.  Sure he might be better than some backups, but I don't think he's better than many at this point.  He wouldnt' be starting for Pittsburgh or New Orleans right now in my opinion.  

With all that said, absolutely want no part of him on the Bears, obviously.

Now? Who knows how good he even is. He'd require so much practicing up, it's hard to say when he could even play. But that doesn't mean it's not a joke he's out of the league. The "distraction" wasn't his doing, and was overblown. 

4 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Now? Who knows how good he even is. He'd require so much practicing up, it's hard to say when he could even play. But that doesn't mean it's not a joke he's out of the league. The "distraction" wasn't his doing, and was overblown. 

When I say now, I'm referring to the context of the situation of Brees and Roth going down, not so much throwing him in the lineup.  Probably poorly phrased on my part, but I think that even if Kaep were rostered for the last two years, he likely wouldn't be ahead of Mason Rudolph or Teddy Bridgewater on any depth chart, and they aren't exactly special.

• Like 1

Just now, TankWilliams said:

When I say now, I'm referring to the context of the situation of Brees and Roth going down, not so much throwing him in the lineup.  Probably poorly phrased on my part, but I think that even if Kaep were rostered for the last two years, he likely wouldn't be ahead of Mason Rudolph or Teddy Bridgewater on any depth chart, and they aren't exactly special.

Yeah, a big part of Kaepernick's success was Harbaugh. And a lot of that playbook is officiated differently now. Which is why Harbaugh left the league...

36 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

The Bears are going to ride with him through next season. He is going to either progress or fail and they draft a new QB in 2021. 

Can’t believe you guys are going to waste Khalil Macks prime and your overall defensive window with Mitch Trus***ky. The time is now. 

Trade a 6th for Eli and let him at least manage a game for a super elite defense, alas 2015 Peyton Manning. Mitch is dumb as a rock, regardless of physical talent. 

10 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I do not think he wants a game manager. 

I think that Mitch has failed to be anything more than that.

I disagree...game on the line 4th and long and Trubisky makes the play down the field...Philly play off game last season when Nagy finally let him loose he looked like a quality QB...Nagy just needs to be more consistent with what he is asking of Trubisky so we can see what we actually have in the guy...because I am not sure any of us know.

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Can’t believe you guys are going to waste Khalil Macks prime and your overall defensive window with Mitch Trus***ky. The time is now. 

Trade a 6th for Eli and let him at least manage a game for a super elite defense, alas 2015 Peyton Manning. Mitch is dumb as a rock, regardless of physical talent. 

You haven't seen Eli Manning play lately, huh?

Also, at least come in here with clever nicknames. Trus***ky. You could do better... maybe? Based on the bad nickname with no actual correlation to his actual name combined with the fact that it's evident that you don't know Manning has a full NTC, I'd guess not.

Trubisky's had 2 bad games. It's entirely possible it turns into him being bad but right now it's been just two games against two good defenses. I'm willing to let this play out for the rest of the year.

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

You haven't seen Eli Manning play lately, huh?

Also, at least come in here with clever nicknames. Trus***ky. You could do better... maybe? Based on the bad nickname with no actual correlation to his actual name combined with the fact that it's evident that you don't know Manning has a full NTC, I'd guess not.

Trubisky's had 2 bad games. It's entirely possible it turns into him being bad but right now it's been just two games against two good defenses. I'm willing to let this play out for the rest of the year.

Two bad games? He’s been trash his entire career and should of never been selected in the Top 20, let alone 2nd pick in the draft... that your managements fault 100%.