Week 2 Non-Vikings Games

gopherwrestler

49 minutes ago, whitehops said:

is backseat moderating encouraged on this forum? i''ve been on some forums where you actually get warned/banned for backseat moderating because it undermines the job that the actual mods are doing.

not trying to stir the pot, i'm genuinely wondering if there's a rule or policy regarding this.

VD has been part of the forum since the beginning. Just like many of us who still post here, which has now been over a decade. He cares deeply about the forum as many of us do. Sometimes we all need a friendly reminder to stay focused.

I know better as a former mod, just trying to poke a little fun. I’ll knock it off. I know disaacs, as a former mod, means well too when going there.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, whitehops said:

is backseat moderating encouraged on this forum? i''ve been on some forums where you actually get warned/banned for backseat moderating because it undermines the job that the actual mods are doing.

not trying to stir the pot, i'm genuinely wondering if there's a rule or policy regarding this.

I personally think there's a difference between someone new backseat modding and a former mod like vd doing it. He's been in that position of leadership on this forum before. And a current mod has also chimed in to keep it to football.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, whitehops said:

i make a moderator-esque comment maybe a couple of times a year, our forum is so well self disciplined that the mods really don't need to make moderator comments much more than that. lol.

and i did think about whether i should have written what i did. i did so with my more heated one, not because one comment was made by a member, or even two, but at the third one. 

i can understand someone thinking i had overstepped the boundary line, perhaps i did technically, but hey... don't give us reason to, is how i look at it. all three of those guys are long time veterans here and know better.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Didn’t see the throw. Disagree we don’t ever see it from Kirk if that’s what you’re saying. We just didn’t see it today. 

Cousins has not led a 4th Quarter Comeback as a Minnesota Vikings. He is like 4-25 against teams with .500 records. There is nothing clutch about Cousins. At all. Period. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Cousins has not led a 4th Quarter Comeback as a Minnesota Vikings. He is like 4-25 against teams with .500 records. There is nothing clutch about Cousins. At all. Period. 

Perhaps I should clarify that he’s made big throws but perhaps not in clutch moments. Clutch throws don’t also have to always occur in the 4th quarter IMO.

I’m not trying to defend Kirk for today’s performance because he was absolute trash. 

• Like 1