Week 2 - Rams vs Saints

RamRod

This one is so tough to pick. Saints have the most motivation after the NFCCG. However, they played on Monday and had a big win that could have left them drained. Goff plays better at home and I think we will see a HUGE turnout for our first home game given the success of last year. 

We need to chip Kamara out of the backfield every chance we get. Maybe put Rapp on him once he gets into the open field? Daunting task for a rookie. I expect Donald to bounce back after being double/triple teamed most of Week 1 although if that trend continues, Fowler will feast. Keep Talib on Thomas and watch for Jared Cook to have a big game.

On Offense, our WR's should feast against their secondary although I expect Lattimore to have a bounceback year. Rams 31-Saints 24. 

• Like 1

I think the Rams are tired of hearing about one play and want to shut everybody up. In addition to rust I think that's why we didn't have a great game week 1 they were looking to this the home opener. I don't predict scores but I think we'll see a much better offensive performance this weekend. 

If this had been Week 1, and in the Super Dome, Id say the Rams were in trouble. But neither of those things are true, and I think Week 1 is actually going to work against the Saints big time. First of all they are coming off a short week, they survived a crazy game, have to now travel out west, and most of all they were exposed.

Everyone wants to talk about what DeShaun Watson did, and rightfully so, but I would like to talk about how the Texans (and a sub par O-line) gashed the saints defense on the ground. Even taking away Watsons 4 rushes for 40 yards, Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson still put up 140 yards at 7+ yards per attempt (the longest being 32 yards, so no 70-80 yarder to skew the average). Now I am as much of a Duke Johnson Jr stan as you will find, but the combo of Duke/Hyde dont stand up to what we run out there with Gurley/Brown and if we get anything from Henderson, its not even close. And Ill say it again, especially after Noteboom/Allen passed their first test, our OL is much better than what the Texans are running out there. 

Just for comparison, Gurley/Brown threw up 150 yards at a 6 yard/per clip against what i consider a much better Front 7 of the Panthers. I know we dont have a Nuke to dominate the Saints secondary, but we have many more weapons and they will have to account for all of them because we really spread it around last week. (and Everett, Gurley, Reynolds or Henderson werent even really involved last week)

So as a prediction, I actually think we might change this one up, because the last thing we want to do is get in a back and forth shoot out with Drew Brees and risk that he ends up with the ball last again. I think we flex our muscles alittle bit, really try to wear down the Front 7, and then late in the game pick apart a secondary that let their guard down. I expect to see a ton of rushes, alot of short passes to Kupp, Woods and Higbee and then late in the game a few deep bombs to Cooks as back breakers. Id take the first half under if you're into that kind of thing, and expect us to pour it on to end the 3rd/start the 4th Q. I say 13-6 at half time, but it ends something like 34-27 as the Saints scramble for a late couple of TDs trying to make a miraculous comeback.

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 6

Ive been waiting for this game for so long. Living in Louisiana an hour away from New Orleans and having family, friends, and just people in general talk about that NFCCG and how the Rams didnt deserve to win. NOBODY in Louisiana that Ive talked to or heard from want to acknowledge the Saints had a 3pt lead AFTER that no call. They still had a great shot to win that game IF they make a defensive stop on the Rams last possession of the 4th quarter. The Saint still had a chance to win that game IF Brees go down the field in OT and score a td like Brady did with the Patriots in the AFCCG. Nobody wants to admit the Saints flat out choked down the stretch. They got bailed out because Joyner missed played the underthrown ball Brees threw to Ginn Jr. that even set them up for to be in that situation for the no call to happen. Heck if NRC didnt panic he couldve picked Brees off on that place because the ball wasnt thrown great to Lewis. Point is the Rams I believe is sitting back furious themselves because people act like the Rams didnt overcome lack of penalties for almost 3 quarters themselves. People act like they didnt drive down the field in the 4th quarter and tied that game to send it into OT (something the Eagles didnt do the previous week because Foles threw that interception). People act like the Rams didnt force Brees to throw an interception in OT. People act like the Rams didnt drive down the field in OT to win that game. Thats the Rams motivation to show the world the Saints wont be complaining about any refs because I think the game is going to be decided by double digit points.

If you look back at the last 3 times the Saints went on the road to face the Rams each game the Rams won but two of those games the Rams won by at least 10pts. In 2017 the Rams was leading 26-13 (thats a 13pt margin) and the Saints got a cheap late td to make the score look better because they onside kicked it, Rams recovered and kneel down Rams won 26-20. The common theme for each road game for the Saints is Brees getting pressured and sacked. He has been sacked at least 3 times in each road game. A total of 13 times in the 3 games combined. Oh and he has turned over the ball. In 2017 he didnt throw an interception but if I can remember correctly the Rams defenders had two clear interceptions dropped. Brees did fumble in that game though. In the other two road games he had at least 2 ints in each game and one fumble in one of those other games. So thats 6 turnovers by Brees combined in those 3 road games against the Rams. 

On the opposite side of the ball with the Rams, I expect Goff and this offense to explode. I heard something yesterday that intrigued me. So we know the Saints are coming off a MNF game and having to travel to the west coast. The last team to have a short week and travel to the west coast was the Vikings. We know they lost embarrassingly to the Bills at home Week 3 last season 27-6 then they turned around and went to LA to face the Rams. Well Goff carved their defense up. It was to me the best Goff performance of his career. I think the Saints will suffer a similar feat. It was an emotional game they had against the Texans because they nearly lost then they come into this game with high emotions looking for revenge. Like I can see the game getting off to a great start for both teams but once the 3rd and 4th quarters come its going to be interesting to see how much gas the Saints have left in the tank from playing on MNF and having to travel to LA on a short week then with emotions being so high. Like I can see the Rams having a game where they are in the lead in the 4th quarter and just running it and throwing it all over the Saints and close that game out. 

So with all that said I have the Rams winning 35-24. Im sticking to my believe the Rams win by double digits. It wont be double digits throughout like it has been the last 3 times the Saints faced the Rams on the road. This game is going to be at most an 8pt lead for most of the game. The 4th quarter is where the Rams are going to make it a double digit lead and not look back. Goff will throw for 300+yds 3tds. Gurley will have 100yds from scrimmage and 2 tds (one rushing and one receiving). I think Kupp and Cooks will each catch a td pass. The defense will sack Brees at least 3 times and force 2 takeaways. Peters will get an interception (then look at Payton and talk about gumbo lol j/k). I think Fowler has another 2 sack day plus he will add a force fumble. Donald will finally get a sack and be disruptive all game long. 

I cant wait for this game. At the end of the day regardless who wins and who loses both teams are still going to be in great shape to be strong contenders in the NFC to go to the Superbowl. This game might be a preview of the NFCCG again but this time in LA (although my prediction is Eagles at Rams in the NFCCG). I do think though the Saints need this win more than the Rams if I had to say who needs to win more just because if they lose its going to be even tougher to go to Seattle next week. I feel the Saints arent going to win both games. They are going to drop one of them on the west coast trip. So if the Saints lose to the Rams its possible that they lose next week (even though Ill be rooting for the Saints to beat the Seahawks) and drop to 1-2. We shall see though. 

Edited by stl4life07
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

Ive been waiting for this game for so long. Living in Louisiana an hour away from New Orleans and having family, friends, and just people in general talk about that NFCCG and how the Rams didnt deserve to win. NOBODY in Louisiana that Ive talked to or heard from want to acknowledge the Saints had a 3pt lead AFTER that no call. They still had a great shot to win that game IF they make a defensive stop on the Rams last possession of the 4th quarter. The Saint still had a chance to win that game IF Brees go down the field in OT and score a td like Brady did with the Patriots in the AFCCG. Nobody wants to admit the Saints flat out choked down the stretch. They got bailed out because Joyner missed played the underthrown ball Brees threw to Ginn Jr. that even set them up for to be in that situation for the no call to happen. Heck if NRC didnt panic he couldve picked Brees off on that place because the ball wasnt thrown great to Lewis. Point is the Rams I believe is sitting back furious themselves because people act like the Rams didnt overcome lack of penalties for almost 3 quarters themselves. People act like they didnt drive down the field in the 4th quarter and tied that game to send it into OT (something the Eagles didnt do the previous week because Foles threw that interception). People act like the Rams didnt force Brees to throw an interception in OT. People act like the Rams didnt drive down the field in OT to win that game. Thats the Rams motivation to show the world the Saints wont be complaining about any refs because I think the game is going to be decided by double digit points.

If you look back at the last 3 times the Saints went on the road to face the Rams each game the Rams won but two of those games the Rams won by at least 10pts. In 2017 the Rams was leading 26-13 (thats a 13pt margin) and the Saints got a cheap late td to make the score look better because they onside kicked it, Rams recovered and kneel down Rams won 26-20. The common theme for each road game for the Saints is Brees getting pressured and sacked. He has been sacked at least 3 times in each road game. A total of 13 times in the 3 games combined. Oh and he has turned over the ball. In 2017 he didnt throw an interception but if I can remember correctly the Rams defenders had two clear interceptions dropped. Brees did fumble in that game though. In the other two road games he had at least 2 ints in each game and one fumble in one of those other games. So thats 6 turnovers by Brees combined in those 3 road games against the Rams. 

On the opposite side of the ball with the Rams, I expect Goff and this offense to explode. I heard something yesterday that intrigued me. So we know the Saints are coming off a MNF game and having to travel to the west coast. The last team to have a short week and travel to the west coast was the Vikings. We know they lost embarrassingly to the Bills at home Week 3 last season 27-6 then they turned around and went to LA to face the Rams. Well Goff carved their defense up. It was to me the best Goff performance of his career. I think the Saints will suffer a similar feat. It was an emotional game they had against the Texans because they nearly lost then they come into this game with high emotions looking for revenge. Like I can see the game getting off to a great start for both teams but once the 3rd and 4th quarters come its going to be interesting to see how much gas the Saints have left in the tank from playing on MNF and having to travel to LA on a short week then with emotions being so high. Like I can see the Rams having a game where they are in the lead in the 4th quarter and just running it and throwing it all over the Saints and close that game out. 

So with all that said I have the Rams winning 35-24. Im sticking to my believe the Rams win by double digits. It wont be double digits throughout like it has been the last 3 times the Saints faced the Rams on the road. This game is going to be at most an 8pt lead for most of the game. The 4th quarter is where the Rams are going to make it a double digit lead and not look back. Goff will throw for 300+yds 3tds. Gurley will have 100yds from scrimmage and 2 tds (one rushing and one receiving). I think Kupp and Cooks will each catch a td pass. The defense will sack Brees at least 3 times and force 2 takeaways. Peters will get an interception (then look at Payton and talk about gumbo lol j/k). I think Fowler has another 2 sack day plus he will add a force fumble. Donald will finally get a sack and be disruptive all game long. 

I cant wait for this game. At the end of the day regardless who wins and who loses both teams are still going to be in great shape to be strong contenders in the NFC to go to the Superbowl. This game might be a preview of the NFCCG again but this time in LA (although my prediction is Eagles at Rams in the NFCCG). I do think though the Saints need this win more than the Rams if I had to say who needs to win more just because if they lose its going to be even tougher to go to Seattle next week. I feel the Saints arent going to win both games. They are going to drop one of them on the west coast trip. So if the Saints lose to the Rams its possible that they lose next week (even though Ill be rooting for the Saints to beat the Seahawks) and drop to 1-2. We shall see though. 

I’ll finish this book later. Real talk smack these oooooohs.. Saints this and that. Saints are better. Lol wtf since when? 

Goff needs to ball out and slay these sissy pandas. Time for my boy to throw for 450 and 6 Tds. 

• Like 3

I'm so excited for this game, a lot of people are saying we will lose. I hope we go out there and run Gurley down there throats. I really want to see the offense, defense and special teams come to play on Sunday and our coaches have a great plan and adjust well. I'm tired of hearing the crybaby saints fans.

My first half thoughts are that it sucks Brees got hurt because if the Rams win I feel like its not going to mean much just because Brees didnt play the majority of the game. Then of course what is a Saints game without a controversial call, ESPECIALLY if the Rams win by at least 7pts people are going to look at that td that wasnt by Jordan. The defense for the Rams are playing lights out. Goff has struggled in the first half but mainly in the redzone. Like we need tds and not field goals. I look for the Rams to continue with the running game as it started to work towards the end of the 1st half. Again the Rams need to score tds instead of field goals when they get in the redzone. It will be interesting to see if Brees will be out there in the 2nd half. 

• Like 1

Great win for the Rams. Losing Brees for the Saints lessens the win but Ill take it regardless because its another divisional win plus the Rams now hold the tiebreaker just in case later on it comes into play as far as seeding goes. Goff got things going in the 2nd half. Kupp showed why he is the most important player on the Rams and NOT Gurley. The defense played great. Weddle and Matthews both made impact plays so those acquisitions continue to look very nice. I feel great coming out of this game because Goff finally got his groove back on how he played in the 2nd half in particular the 4th quarter and that was against a very good if not great Saints defense in general. Just like I predicted the game would be close but the Rams pull away in the 4th quarter and thats what they did. Again its just unfortunate Brees got hurt AND everyone will be talking about the refs again. All I know is the Rams are (2-0). Im not going to apologize for that lol. 

We take those baby let’s go 2-0! 

Goff was still looking hella rusty but gained composure as the game went on.. Seems to be his MO thru out his career! But let’s go baby. Need to come out sharp against really good teams. Sucks Brees got hurt. Wish nothing but a speedy recovery for him. But man bs aside it feels so good to beat the saints. Everyone was clowning us for the whole week. Hope Donald gets healthy as well.. Our pass rush looked unreal and they have a phenomenal Oline.

MICHAEL THOMAS WHERE I COME FROM THATS CALLED BURNT MONEY MY BOY. 

• Like 2