Week 2 - Rams vs Saints

RamRod

Also, I want to shout out Bryce Hegar. We knew Littleton could play, but Hegar has been a pleasant surprise. He hasn't been a liability out there for us. He also was in on the key 4th down stop of Kamara with Ebukam standing him up before he got to the marker and Brockers taking out his legs to finish the play.

• Like 2

Offense really came together in the second half, especially the 4th quarter where they rattled off 3 straight touchdowns to cinch it. Had to close that game and they did just that. Our defense is looking really, really good. Outside coverage has been great. Our dline is causing pressure. Linebackers and safeties are covering and defending the run quite well. Taylor Rapp has been a huge weapon, SJD has looked solid manning the NT spot and Fowler seems to be a beast off the edge.

• Like 1

Great win. Key performances from Rapp, Kupp, and even Clay Matthews looks rejuvenated. 

Blythe going down is going to hurt and Haventstein got abused by Cam Jordan. Starting to get concerned about the O-line depth depending on how serious Blythe's injury is. I think our defense is performing better than last year, but this O-line may be an issue. Will be fun to watch Cleveland tonight and get them on a short week. 

Havenstein really had a rough day. We won't do it, but I'd wonder if our best OL combo with Blythe potentially missing games would be to put Hav at RG and Edwards at RT. I know we toyed with the idea of Havenstein at guard with potentially moving Jamon to tackle so the coaches have at least considered it before.

• Like 1

Im not a fan of Ebukam.. I feels like we should use Natrez much more. Ebukam hasn’t done anything since the Chiefs game last year. And I know our pass rush was unreal yesterday! But at some point we need to start rotating guys in.

we play our starters so much it wears them out. Donald is always out there! Just small concerns I have and I also really want to see Natrez out there in pass rushing situations. 

• Like 1

The run defense rebounded nicely and I agree Hager, while not in a lot, has been impactful in the run game.

I expect a guy like Jordan to have a good game he’s very good. No problem with Big Rob struggling. I was annoyed a couple times that Gurley didn’t help chip him a couple times though. 

Demby started a little rough but settled in. Allen and Noteboom were ok other than a penalty each. They’ll continue to improve IMO.

Taylor Rapp is amazing! Such a player for a rookie. Our safeties are set for a few years.

Cooper Kupp is my favorite player now. 

Goff along with the OLine started a little rough but he was nails in the 2nd half.

All in all it was a good win and on to Cleveland.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Im not a fan of Ebukam.. I feels like we should use Natrez much more. Ebukam hasn’t done anything since the Chiefs game last year. And I know our pass rush was unreal yesterday! But at some point we need to start rotating guys in.

we play our starters so much it wears them out. Donald is always out there! Just small concerns I have and I also really want to see Natrez out there in pass rushing situations. 

Natrez or activate Obo? I don't think we would see too much drop in production if we gave those guys some burn outside of Special teams. May the coaching staff is waiting to give them snaps for when we are up by a large margin so they can just focus on pinning their ears back and getting after the QB; first two games we haven't had that opportunity. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Hopefully good news for Blythe

Hopeful.  But pure hypothetical here... if/once Chicago realizes that Mitch isn't the guy (probably takes at minimum another couple games, along with GB and Minnesota running off a string of wins apiece as well), Kyle Long actually could be an option for us to dangle something like a 2020 2nd or 3rd (we'd clearly prefer a 3rd given he's 30 already, but given that the NFC has taken some hits and the path back to the Super Bowl may have cleared a tad more, the FO could be spurred on considering he has a 2020 club option so it wouldn't have to be a half-season rental).  Can't see them doing it unless Blythe misses significant time.

• Like 1