Around the league discussion

candyman93

24 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Steelers traded a 1st for Minkah. 

On the one hand I don't like dealing with him in black and gold.  On the other, that could be a top 10 pick this year, which could be the future QB for Pittsburgh if Rudolph doesn't pan out. 

Overall seems like a trade with a high floor for the Dolphins. Nice job getting value for a guy who didn't want to be there.

Edited by NudeTayne

41 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Steelers traded a 1st for Minkah. 

On the one hand I don't like dealing with him in black and gold.  On the other, that could be a top 10 pick this year, which could be the future QB for Pittsburgh if Rudolph doesn't pan out. 

Dumb trade for the Steelers.

Short sighted move that reeks of desperation.

• Like 1

If you believe in a player that has proven their ability as an impact starter in the NFL, you don't hesitate to trade a 1st round pick for that player if they're young and love football unless you need a franchise QB. 

The Steelers trade tells me they either believe in Mason Rudolph or they don't believe they'll be high enough in this year's draft to get a impact QB1. In that case, you're not going to find a better high character and high ability football player than Minkah Fitzpatrick. He was misused but will fit perfectly in the Steelers system. They probably loved him pre-draft and now they get their guy. 

It's not a bad trade for them (assuming Rudolph is good).. That's a big if. though

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

If you believe in a player that has proven their ability as an impact starter in the NFL, you don't hesitate to trade a 1st round pick for that player if they're young and love football unless you need a franchise QB. 

The Steelers trade tells me they either believe in Mason Rudolph or they don't believe they'll be high enough in this year's draft to get a impact QB1. In that case, you're not going to find a better high character and high ability football player than Minkah Fitzpatrick. He was misused but will fit perfectly in the Steelers system. They probably loved him pre-draft and now they get their guy. 

It's not a bad trade for them (assuming Rudolph is good).. That's a big if. though

If yhe steelers suck, which they could it is a bad trade imo. They might be bottom 5, i dont think minkah is that good. 

Also they are 1byear short on the contract, so its a 1st round talent 1year depreciation. 

• Like 1