Around the league discussion

candyman93

Just looking back at super bowl teams in the past. It’s just really incredible how hard it is to win one. You can be playing the best football of your entire life and it still not be enough. Strahan talked about how the 07’ team wasn’t the most talented team he’d ever played on, but they had that dog mentality and confidence they’d win.

Just look back at guys like Matt Ryan and Cam Newton off the top of my head. Both peaked and balled out of their minds, yet still couldn’t get it done.

Franchises like Green Bay, Philly, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore have been the standard of sustained success for a long time. Yet they both could only make it to the super bowl once the last decade. Seattle was thought to be a future dynasty with the LOB and could only win once.

Winning a super bowl has easily got to be the hardest thing in all of professional sports to accomplish.

Edited by candyman93

Palmer is right.

Former Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer, the first pick in the 2003 NFL Draft, didn’t have kind things to say about the franchise during an interview with CBS Sports Radio.

“That’s why I wanted out: I never felt like the [Bengals’] organization was really trying to win a Super Bowl, and really chasing the Super Bowl,” Palmer said. “Because that’s what today’s day and age is. The game today is you can’t just hope you draft well and not go after free agents and you just end up in the Super Bowl. You gotta go get it.

It’s kinda crazy reading how bitter Calvin Johnson is to the Lions still. The dude retired and expected to get paid what was on his contract. I hope we never have a situation like that. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/calvin-johnson-criticizes-how-lions-take-care-of-their-players-theyre-about-saving-dollars/

Edited by candyman93

9 hours ago, candyman93 said:

It’s kinda crazy reading how bitter Calvin Johnson is to the Lions still. The dude retired and expected to get paid what was on his contract. I hope we never have a situation like that. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/calvin-johnson-criticizes-how-lions-take-care-of-their-players-theyre-about-saving-dollars/

I mean, he didn’t want paid his contract, he felt he shouldn’t have to repay a portion of a signing bonus from 4 years prior, and I can’t say I blame him.

It just comes off as petty by the organization imo.  A couple million is pocket change in that business and especially when it’s gonna determine how a first ballot HOFer is going to deal with the team moving forward.

Penny wise, pound foolish imo.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Looking at our roster, Myles and Nick are HOF caliber talents. If OBJ bounces back he is too. Jarvis needs to keep doing what he’s doing but get more TDs.

Jarvis is hall of very good. 

Log jam at wr, it took bruce what, nearly a  decade to get in and jarvis doesnt come close to as good as him. 

Agree about odell, myles and obj. Id add baker. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Jarvis is hall of very good. 

Log jam at wr, it took bruce what, nearly a  decade to get in and jarvis doesnt come close to as good as him. 

Agree about odell, myles and obj. Id add baker. 

I agree.

I feel like Jarvis will be in the Anquan Boldin category.