Around the league discussion

candyman93

21 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just a prediction, San Francisco will MISS the playoffs next year.

They have to start paying Kittle, Buckner, and Armstead. Joe Staley might retire. They might have to release Kyle Juszczyk (who cleveland should sign immediately if that happened).

I'm not counting on the 49ers cutting him but I would absolutely love that. Chubb, Hunt and Juszczyk in the same backfield?

Image result for boner gif"

• Like 9

58 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If you include the Atlanta super bowl, Shanny has been outscored 46-0 in the 4th quarter of both games.

He can’t control what his defense does. However, he’s doing something wrong as a playcaller. Is he getting nervous? I don’t know.

Well his system is running the ball. So when that doesn’t work you’re going to give the offense a lot of opportunities. 

Rewatched parts of the super bowl. 

49ers defense is a copy of the Seahawks LOB defense. That scheme is impossible to beat strategically. Your offense has to win it’s 1 on 1 battles and just be flat out better than the guys across from them.

However, there’s 1 fatal flaw with it: Defensive players get tired. It’s a big reason why Atlanta blew a 28-3 lead. Those super fast athletes can’t run forever.

If you want to beat Mahommes, you need the 2016 Broncos no fly zone defense.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2020 at 11:19 PM, candyman93 said:

Sashi screwed up losing Schwartz. There’s all there is to it.

Yeah, sure.  Also cant be treated like **** by agents and just keep on taking it.  Its like a codependent setting a boundary and the other person leaving and goin on to marry george clooney.  May look bad from the outside but at least the codependent did something for themselves to not be treated like a doormat.  Also a necessary thing

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Matthew Stafford is a weird situation. He’s Phillip Rivers without any playoff success. Detroit can’t justify letting him go financially.

Stafford is avgrwat qb imo, they have never had a team built for the playoffs imo, maybe to get their but not to succeed. If i was the chargers, or the patruots post brady, or the cowboys id make that trade in a heartbeat.

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I feel like Patricia was the worst possible HC for a guy like Stafford. They need to run the offense Kansas City runs.

Yeah, these bill b guys need to be themselves. The bill b coaching tree sucks. Half the league comes from the bill walsh tree, he will leave a greater impact on the league than bill b. Bill b is a black hole for championships.

54 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Stafford is avgrwat qb imo, they have never had a team built for the playoffs imo, maybe to get their but not to succeed. If i was the chargers, or the patruots post brady, or the cowboys id make that trade in a heartbeat.

Yeah, these bill b guys need to be themselves. The bill b coaching tree sucks. Half the league comes from the bill walsh tree, he will leave a greater impact on the league than bill b. Bill b is a black hole for championships.

Detroit’s in a really tough spot.

They have to ask themselves this question: Can we win a super bowl with Stafford? If the answer is yes, then you keep him and build. It’s REALLY hard finding good QB play let alone franchise QB play.

You’ve got top 10 guys and then there’s the group just outside of them 10-20 that’s really hard to decide.

20 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Detroit’s in a really tough spot.

They have to ask themselves this question: Can we win a super bowl with Stafford? If the answer is yes, then you keep him and build. It’s REALLY hard finding good QB play let alone franchise QB play.

You’ve got top 10 guys and then there’s the group just outside of them 10-20 that’s really hard to decide.

Can they win a SB with Stafford? That’s a very easy question. No, not with their current construction. They should nuke the teams roster and rebuild. 

23 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Can they win a SB with Stafford? That’s a very easy question. No, not with their current construction. They should nuke the teams roster and rebuild. 

They’re a done team that wants to run the ball. That never made sense to me. If you’re in a dome, take advantage of that and sling the rock.

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

They’re a done team that wants to run the ball. That never made sense to me. If you’re in a dome, take advantage of that and sling the rock.

I don't mind that they're a smash-mouth football team. I'd build any team to be that if I had the option.

But they just don't have the right QB for that scheme. They need an accurate bootleg QB to effectively run that scheme. Plus, their defense has way too many holes in it right now to consider them anywhere close to making a deep playoff run. As a result, they should just cut the cord with Stafford if they cna.