Minkah Fitzpatrick

mwalker

6 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Coach Tomlin is playing him at FS which is an upgrade over everyone back there. Minus CB, Minkah is an upgrade. The only thing missing from this defense now is running the right scheme. They have the players minus Dupree.

how about putting the best player son the field? 

Question : if you could pick 4 players to be on the DL  , which 4 would you take out of this list:

Watt, Hargrave, Tuitt, Heyward, Dupree

why not get the best players out there and keep them out there, leave dupree on the bench or trade him. Is there a team foolish enough to trade for him though?

With a legit DC, this D should be much better.  I would still prefer another legit proven CB and put edmunds on notice but having Davis get some playing time at SS. Get the message across that just because you were a RD1 pick, you're NOT GUARANTEED THE STARTING JOB UNTIL YOUR 4 YEARS ARE UP as has been the case in recent years.

5 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Anyone have a logical explanation as to why they dont let Ola Adenyi have a chance at starting over Dupree? Is it really that they're hell bent on not looking stupid for giving him 9.5M?

Im not ready to say Ola should start over Dupree....but he should damn sure be logging snaps over Chicki. We have still really only seen Ola play against training camp bodies. I'm hoping chicks injury truly opens the door for him to be the 3rd/rotational guy. 

If he checks that box and looks really good doing it, Im open to the idea of starting him over Dupree. Im not high on Dupree in anyway, but Id prefer to see Ola earn that given we havent seen much of him lately and have never seen him against NFL starters. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Anyone have a logical explanation as to why they dont let Ola Adenyi have a chance at starting over Dupree? Is it really that they're hell bent on not looking stupid for giving him 9.5M?

Ola hasn't proven much.  I'm a hugely outspoken critic of Dupree, and I definitely think Ola should see snaps, but he shouldnt be automatically plugged in as starter.

They should have kept Skipper and had Ola and him rotating in throughout the game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I agree. My issue is, we know Dupree isnt the guy, I cant imagine Ola does worse

but with this regime, if you are a RD1 pick you:

1.are guaranteed the starting job uncontested for the 4 years and probably will get the 5th year option.

2. will at the worst remain on the team for the 4 years regardless

3. won't be traded no matter how much you try to play bad enough to get traded

4. won't get cut like huey richardson

5. will  be forced to play out of position /scheme to try to make it work and make the FO proud of their decision to draft the player they did

9 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

They should have kept Skipper and had Ola and him rotating in throughout the game.

exactly. They could trade a RD5 or RD6 pick to the giants to reclaim skipper.  A rotation will eventually happen, because we know dupree isn't the answer as he has shown very minimal improvement in now 5 yearsxD.  Ola should get a chance right now, he saw a few snaps but he should get much more. He alone  should spell both Watt and dupree and if he plays better than dupree then he should get more snaps than dupree. Ideally, dupree would have a few fluke games vs backups and his stock would go up, then trade him :D ! Take his capspace and put it towards Peterson21 or other top tier CB that might be on the trade block. Better would be to trade dupree to the team with the CB and whatever else is required;)

So a lot of national guys are making a big deal of Minkah saying he wants to play off the line, and we reportedly had him on the line in practice. 

I think the way they are going to simplify the game early for Minkah, especially this week, is simple: find the TE. Cover the TE.