Minkah Fitzpatrick

mwalker

2 minutes ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Outbid otherwise. 2nd + late pick. Do it. How it's not 1st or nothing is amazing. Fitzpatrick is PROVEN and a great CB. He'd be worth it.

Yeah I mean I think we have all agreed Safety is on the list of needs heading into the next draft.

If we can get Minkah, it would eliminate that need, wouldn't, imo, be a waste of a pick

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

For all of those that want this to get done, temper your enthusiasm. There's a real chance it doesnt. Let's not have a complete meltdown if that's how it works out.

If it does though, feel free to lose your mind!

No one should ever get their hopes up for us making a huge move.  Our front office kicks alot of expensive tires, but they never drive anything more than a high mileage Ford Fusion off the lot.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Outbid otherwise. 2nd + late pick. Do it. How it's not 1st or nothing is amazing. Fitzpatrick is PROVEN and a great CB. He'd be worth it.

the versatility should be of paramount importance with this D seeing that they needs CB's AND safeties!  

If a team trades say a 2nd for Fitz, that should be considered a steal. Ok, he gets paid RD1 but he is also a proven vet with upside and a possible star in the league according to many.  Then of course, remember how terrible the steelers secondary has been especially safety xD

Trade burns to the Phins as well, why not I mean roster space needs to be made anyways;) If they could trade to get skipper, then trade dupree to the Phins as well, just admit colbert was wrong on all of these and start playing respectable again. 

12 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Someone from SB Nation suggested us giving up a 2nd and 4th in exchange for Minkah and a 3rd. I'd be down for that

seems fair to me. Just get him traded, and of course improve the secondary. The secondary is terrible as we speak and safeties are in need. 

On 9/14/2019 at 9:07 AM, Money said:

Where do you play him? He's a slot CB. Wants to play slot CB. 

He's basically Sean Davis. 

I think you're playing him as you deep safety. A role he's perfect for. The Dolphins keep using him
close to the line of scrimmage (SS) which isn't where he's best. He's better than Sean Davis.

2 hours ago, mwalker said:

I think you're playing him as you deep safety. A role he's perfect for. The Dolphins keep using him
close to the line of scrimmage (SS) which isn't where he's best. He's better than Sean Davis.

He could be the centerfielder and legit threat to get Int's, but also can get to the LOS and support the run if required. Considering all the high draft picks and salary in the front 7, they shouldn't need help from he FS;)

I don't see how anyone here wouldn't want Minkah. He was highly regarded in the draft and has been legit. I don't see a legit DB on the steelers other than Haden and to me that's a really bad collection . Colbert has ruined the secondary with the lack of talent and they need to improve if they want to consider even making the playoffs, but forget about going far because all legit opposing playoff QB's would have to be on IR for that to happen. 

Haden, Nelson, Minkah and Edmunds could be decent anyways but Edmunds should be next to but as long as colbert is here he will get at least 4 years! she has this season and then 2 more seasons! Get used to his missed tackles and lack of range out there, but the missed tackles is the part I can't tolerate. This team has had bad tackling during the tomlin era for some reason.

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

He could be the centerfielder and legit threat to get Int's, but also can get to the LOS and support the run if required. Considering all the high draft picks and salary in the front 7, they shouldn't need help from he FS;)

I don't see how anyone here wouldn't want Minkah. He was highly regarded in the draft and has been legit. I don't see a legit DB on the steelers other than Haden and to me that's a really bad collection . Colbert has ruined the secondary with the lack of talent and they need to improve if they want to consider even making the playoffs, but forget about going far because all legit opposing playoff QB's would have to be on IR for that to happen. 

Haden, Nelson, Minkah and Edmunds could be decent anyways but Edmunds should be next to but as long as colbert is here he will get at least 4 years! she has this season and then 2 more seasons! Get used to his missed tackles and lack of range out there, but the missed tackles is the part I can't tolerate. This team has had bad tackling during the tomlin era for some reason.

I still have hope for Edmunds. I really do. I agree though, MInkah would be such a great fit. Almost, if not, the perfect addition,
when you consider the overall circumstances and potential cost. So many people talk up X.Mckinney as a potential RD1 target
for Pittsburgh in the 2020 draft and Fitzpatrick was much higher rated.

3 hours ago, mwalker said:

I still have hope for Edmunds. I really do. I agree though, MInkah would be such a great fit. Almost, if not, the perfect addition,
when you consider the overall circumstances and potential cost. So many people talk up X.Mckinney as a potential RD1 target
for Pittsburgh in the 2020 draft and Fitzpatrick was much higher rated.

Minkah is already proven in the pro's so to me it's a steal even at a RD2 pick, throw in burns and or dupree. Then trade for Skipper with what was gained in this, even if it's a RD5 pick or something like that, get some picks and then call up the giants and make a trade . I know colbert won't do any of this, and he is a problem for this organization.   

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

I can't wait to get a GM in here with a pair that doesn't mind swinging for the fence at times.

This entire front office is full of cowards.  Ben in his twilight years and they refuse to push hard to make a run.  

In that case, why the hell even give Ben an extension?  

Just hit the reset button, already.

4 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

This entire front office is full of cowards.  Ben in his twilight years and they refuse to push hard to make a run.  

In that case, why the hell even give Ben an extension?  

Just hit the reset button, already.

Yea.  I had hope with last offseason's "spending spree" was a sign that they were willing to go all in.  And when I saw that, I thought that it was a sign Colbert was 'robbing Peter (the future) to pay Paul (the now)'.  And it also made me more confident in the Ben/Tomlin/Colbert trifecta would retire together.  Now that it's back to the 'no balls' FO; I'm actually scared that Colbert is rethinking retiring post Ben.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Yea.  I had hope with last offseason's "spending spree" was a sign that they were willing to go all in.  And when I saw that, I thought that it was a sign Colbert was 'robbing Peter (the future) to pay Paul (the now)'.  And it also made me more confident in the Ben/Tomlin/Colbert trifecta would retire together.  Now that it's back to the 'no balls' FO; I'm actually scared that Colbert is rethinking retiring post Ben.

You would hope Rooney would sack Colbert if we continue to stagnate...but he is a coward too.