Minkah Fitzpatrick

Karnage84

I would do it! He is the perfect type of guy the Lions look for with his versatility. I think if they feel he can play outside CB opposite Slay or maybe Slays replacement in a couple of years do it. Right now it may be redundant if he only wants to play slot CB because we have Coleman. I still think our biggest need on the team is a solid LT so it would be hard to give up the 1st it would take to get him. If we offered our first I think the Dolphins would take it as most national people think we are going to have a top 10 pick.

21 minutes ago, BZski said:

I would do it! He is the perfect type of guy the Lions look for with his versatility. I think if they feel he can play outside CB opposite Slay or maybe Slays replacement in a couple of years do it. Right now it may be redundant if he only wants to play slot CB because we have Coleman. I still think our biggest need on the team is a solid LT so it would be hard to give up the 1st it would take to get him. If we offered our first I think the Dolphins would take it as most national people think we are going to have a top 10 pick.

I guess you have to weigh things out if you're Quinn and Patricia. If we add Fitzpatrick into our secondary, is this a team that is going to be able to compete and move that 1st into the mid-teens and 20's with an eye on the playoffs. If so, then it's worth the risk. If it's still a question mark BUT you want to add him, I'd look at a 2nd + A'Shawn and see if that would do the trick. Flores would be running a similar type of defense and A'Shawn is a demonstrated good. If we thought we were going to be back in the top 10 I wouldn't do it.

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

I guess you have to weigh things out if you're Quinn and Patricia. If we add Fitzpatrick into our secondary, is this a team that is going to be able to compete and move that 1st into the mid-teens and 20's with an eye on the playoffs. If so, then it's worth the risk. If it's still a question mark BUT you want to add him, I'd look at a 2nd + A'Shawn and see if that would do the trick. Flores would be running a similar type of defense and A'Shawn is a demonstrated good. If we thought we were going to be back in the top 10 I wouldn't do it.

Yea I think AShawn for sure if leaving us this offseason so it may be enticing for Miami to acquire him as he has mentioned he would like to play in the South again. I doubt that package would be enough for Fitzpatrick though. It would need to be our 1st rd pick.

13 minutes ago, BZski said:

Yea I think AShawn for sure if leaving us this offseason so it may be enticing for Miami to acquire him as he has mentioned he would like to play in the South again. I doubt that package would be enough for Fitzpatrick though. It would need to be our 1st rd pick.

How would you feel about the Lions if Quinn became aggressive and made these moves:

- 2020 1st round pick + A'Shawn to Miami for Fitzpatrick + 2021 4th

- 2020 5th + 2021 2nd + Wagner/Decker to Washington for Trent Williams + 2022 3rd

Add: Minkah Fitzpatrick (CB/S), Trent Williams (LT)

Lose: A'Shawn Robinson, Taylor Decker/Rick Wagner

2020 Draft

1st - Traded to Miami

2nd

3rd

4th

5th - Traded to Washington

6th

7th - Traded to San Francisco for Eli Harold

2021 Draft

1st

2nd - Traded to Washington

3rd

4th

4th - Traded from Miami

5th

6th

7th

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

How would you feel about the Lions if Quinn became aggressive and made these moves:

- 2020 1st round pick + A'Shawn to Miami for Fitzpatrick + 2021 4th

- 2020 5th + 2021 2nd + Wagner/Decker to Washington for Trent Williams + 2022 3rd

Add: Minkah Fitzpatrick (CB/S), Trent Williams (LT)

Lose: A'Shawn Robinson, Taylor Decker/Rick Wagner

2020 Draft

1st - Traded to Miami

2nd

3rd

4th

5th - Traded to Washington

6th

7th - Traded to San Francisco for Eli Harold

2021 Draft

1st

2nd - Traded to Washington

3rd

4th

4th - Traded from Miami

5th

6th

7th

I would absolutely do that!

1 hour ago, detroitroar said:

I read (probably speculation) a 2nd could get Fitz.

I wouldn't do a 1st anyway.

We have some great components in the secondary already and this teams weakness by far is oline.

The OL is absolutely an issue. I don't think the secondary is a completed collection though. Melvin hasn't been too bad but he's only here for 1 year. Fitzpatrick is at least a versatile piece that could be moved around at different spots where needed. I'd definitely be open to trading a 2nd for him if that's the cost to do it.

Just now, flyguy1609 said:

I  think Miami would do the deal if we offered Robinson & a 3rd. I don't think fitz is going net the dolphins a 1st esp if demanding a trade I could be wrong tho

It would depend on how entrenched they are. The Dolphins don't have a ton of leverage on this one. He wants out and everyone in the league knows it. I'd 100% be on board with that trade.

3 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

I  think Miami would do the deal if we offered Robinson & a 3rd. I don't think fitz is going net the dolphins a 1st esp if demanding a trade I could be wrong tho

Noway. Someone in the NFL will offer a 1st rd pick for MP.

Just now, BZski said:

Noway. Someone in the NFL will offer a 1st rd pick for MP.

agree to dis-agree, i dont think he has proven in his short time in the nfl he's worth a 1st or close to it. I know CB is a hard position to learn from college  to the pros.

Justin Gilbert the last top cb traded and the browns traded him for a 6th round pick.. here is just a list of DB's traded in the last 10 years if you want to compare to a player

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/trade_finder.cgi?request=1&year_min=2008&year_max=2018&from_team=&to_team=&pos[]=db&draft_round_min=&draft_round_max=&draft_pick_min=1&draft_pick_max=256&order_by=trans_date

2 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

agree to dis-agree, i dont think he has proven in his short time in the nfl he's worth a 1st or close to it. I know CB is a hard position to learn from college  to the pros.

Justin Gilbert the last top cb traded and the browns traded him for a 6th round pick.. here is just a list of DB's traded in the last 10 years if you want to compare to a player

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/trade_finder.cgi?request=1&year_min=2008&year_max=2018&from_team=&to_team=&pos[]=db&draft_round_min=&draft_round_max=&draft_pick_min=1&draft_pick_max=256&order_by=trans_date

I don't think Gilbert and Fitzpatrick are the same guy. Gilbert is a bust. Fitzpatrick has shown flashes when played at his preferred position. The Dolphins have been playing him at S out of need and he has been vocal in his opposition against this.

For a young guy with a lot of upside but wanting to get out, a 2nd seems like a fair number. I'd be over the moon for anything less than that but I'd bet there would be a line up of teams wanting to make that move.