Minkah Fitzpatrick

Karnage84

4 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

agree to dis-agree, i dont think he has proven in his short time in the nfl he's worth a 1st or close to it. I know CB is a hard position to learn from college  to the pros.

Justin Gilbert the last top cb traded and the browns traded him for a 6th round pick.. here is just a list of DB's traded in the last 10 years if you want to compare to a player

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/trade_finder.cgi?request=1&year_min=2008&year_max=2018&from_team=&to_team=&pos[]=db&draft_round_min=&draft_round_max=&draft_pick_min=1&draft_pick_max=256&order_by=trans_date

Shame on you for comparing Gilbert to Fitzpatrick. Gilbert never showed a glimpse of value in the NFL, Fitzpatrick looks like a star in the making. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

If we wound up trading for him, where would we play him?

LCB - Slay

SCB - Coleman

RCB - Melvin

FS - Walker

SS - Diggs

Melvin is only signed to a 1 year deal. Coleman's strength was in the slot, which is how he earned that contract with us.

They were just looking at a saftey...

There is no way we should give up a first round pick.  He would have to already be playing at a starter level and he hasn't shown that consistently.  Dangling A'Shawn Robinson in a trade is a good idea if they want a really good NT who occupies blockers.  The thing with A'Shawn Robinson is that in spite of the fact that he as the physical tools to provide a decent pass rush, he very rarely gets a sack or collapses the pocket.  However, to a team that want a true NT he would be pretty valuable.

No way I trade a first round pick unless it’s for a player that can put the Lions over the top and that’s not the case.

First round picks are gold for effective teams. You need those picks to add top talent under team control at reasonable value. 

I have great respect for Williams but at 31 years old having only played 16 games twice in his career he’s a perfect example of a player you don’t give up value for. 

In any trade you hope to deal from a position of strength to fill a weakness. I don’t see an area of the Lions where you can remove a starter and not create a problem.