Week 2 GDT: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans

jch1911

1st home game of 2019 for the good guys.

Both teams coming off losses.

Houston leads all-time series 21 - 13 (incl. 6 - 4 in last 10).

It seems like Jags are at a huge disadvantage with the loss of the Super Bowl MVP QB Nick Foles.

The game may come down to stopping Leonard Fournette and forcing rookie QB Gardner Minshew II to make mistakes.

Interesting point: apparently no one else in Minshew's family shares the same name; they just went with the "II".

Keys to the Game: Texans

(1) No TO's

(2) Pressure Minshew into TO's

(3) Control JAX running game

Keys to the Game: Jaguars

(1) Use front 4 to pressure DW4

(2) Defend the deep pass

(3) Watch underneath throws to RBs

Texans declared OG Senio Kelemete, QB Alex McGough, RB Taiwan Jones, G/C Greg Mancz, TE Logan Paulsen, TE Jerell Adams, and DE Carlos Watkins inactive Week 2 against the Jaguars.

Rookie LG Tytus Howard is back in the lineup for his NFL debut after missing Week 1. That sends Kelemete, who started, to the inactive list.

Jaguars declared DE Yannick Ngakoue, CB A.J. Bouye, WR Marqise Lee, LT Cam Robinson, TE Josh Oliver, OT Cedric Ogbuehi, and RB Devine Ozigbo inactive Week 2 against the Texans.

The Jaguars are severely banged up two weeks into the season. Ngakoue, Oliver, and Ogbuehi have hamstring strains. Lee and Robinson are still coming off knee surgeries. And Bouye has a hip issue. Not to mention, Nick Foles is out 10-12 weeks with a broken collarbone.

Edited by jch1911
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

A couple other key Jags out including Bouye

Robinson, Foles and that DE with the difficult name. 

We should win this game big. If we don’t, Houston we have a problem. 

It’s early in the season, but we are already -1 in games we have won, that will come into play week 14 or 15 when looking at seeding. 

We don’t have picks for years so tanking isn’t gonna help, unless of course it gets us a change in coaching. 

Colts vs Titans game is interesting. If the colts win we have a 3 way tie at 1st at .500 which could be a realistic finish to the season. 

I don’t see a situation where we compete for a wild card spot but looking at the AFC, 

baltimore, New England and Kansas City are all locks to win their division  

chargers have been highly talked up and probably either them or KC win that division and the other makes the playoffs. 

That leaves our division champ and a few teams to fight for the last spot. 

Browns, Colts, Texans, Steelers and Titans could all be fighting for those two spots. Though the browns and Steelers looked really bad week 1. 

But just for the sake of something to say 

I’m rooting for Seattle over Pittsburgh 

Indy over tennessee

jets over browns

and any NFC team over any AFC team

Monday night was tough but most people who had the Texans finishing 10-6 or 11-5 has a loss to the saints. 

With a big time match up against the chargers next week, can can’t afford a loss here today  

Rumor has it we are going with

tunsil/Howard/Martin/Fulton/johnson

today 

that gives us 3 new starters vs week 1 last year. Week 1 this year we started 4 of the same guys. 

They cant be any worse. I’m fact with the jags having injuries, I wouldn’t be shocked if they don’t have a great game and get everyone overhyped. They can’t be as bad as last week. 

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Rumor has it we are going with

tunsil/Howard/Martin/Fulton/johnson

today 

that gives us 3 new starters vs week 1 last year. Week 1 this year we started 4 of the same guys. 

They cant be any worse. I’m fact with the jags having injuries, I wouldn’t be shocked if they don’t have a great game and get everyone overhyped. They can’t be as bad as last week. 

Howard was always pegged for LG once his hand healed. 

Henderson was TERRIBLE week 1. I am happy they are putting Johnson in there. I would love to see Fulton slide to C and Scharping come in at RG, but that's asking too much. Especially with Martin's ridiculous contract extension. 

• Like 1