When does Daniel Jones get his first start?

minutemancl

We are a week in and Jones already saw some live game action. When do you think Danny Dimes gets his first start?

For me, I think he starts week 7 against the Cardinals at home. We are 0-1 with our next games against BUF, TB, WAS, MIN, NE. I see 2 guaranteed losses (MIN, NE), which puts us at absolute best 3-3 going into week 7. More likely, I think we are looking at 1-5 or 2-4, stealing 1 or 2 wins against the stretch of BUF, TB, WAS.

1-5 or 2-4 record is bad enough to warrant throwing away playoff hopes. Also, at home against a weak Arizona team is the perfect opportunity for a young QB to get their first start.

45 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Dont think he starts at all this season. I truly think this is 1 time management will press the issue (Mara / Tisch) out of respect to Manning. Just my thoughts. 

There’s no way that can happen. They already embarrassed Eli once when they broke his active streak. He cannot last the whole season with a losing record. That is 100% more embarrassing. Let him have some dignity so he doesn’t finish his career 10 games below .500

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Acgott said:

There’s no way that can happen. They already embarrassed Eli once when they broke his active streak. He cannot last the whole season with a losing record. That is 100% more embarrassing. Let him have some dignity so he doesn’t finish his career 10 games below .500

"There's no way that can happen".. Just like there's no way on Gods green Earth that Odell Beckham Jr would get traded before the season started, just like there's no way we were not gonna resign Landon..and just like no way we were gonna draft Daniel Jones at #6. Anything truly can happen with this team.  All signs point to DJ coming in sooner then later, but i just have this itching feeling that Manning will start every game this year. I just see Steve Tisch and John Mara pressing the issue that their 20 million dollar man is gonna finish his year with this team (maybe final year period) as the starting QB no matter how bad we do. 

Edited by Giants4eva

4 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

"There's no way that can happen".. Just like there's no way on Gods green Earth that Odell Beckham Jr would get traded before the season started, just like there's no way we were not gonna resign Landon..and just like no way we were gonna draft Daniel Jones at #6. Anything truly can happen with this team.  All signs point to DJ coming in sooner then later, but i just have this itching feeling that Manning will start every game this year. I just see Steve Tisch and John Mara pressing the issue that their 20 million dollar man is gonna finish his year with this team (maybe final year period) as the starting QB no matter how bad we do. 

True, the franchise is senile right now 

I think he ends up with 3-5 starts this season so it's going to be a while before we see him get a start. Just like Week 1, if anything gets out of hand he'll get some snaps but starting him is to accomplish one goal and one goal only: get his feet wet and set him up for success moving into 2020. Starting him too early can be a detriment and that is the true motivator to waiting. I really don't think management / the coaching staff is doing it because of Eli Manning. 

When Jones starts, he needs to be ready and the season needs to be a complete loss so that there is no pressure.  Every situation is different but Patrick Mahomes sat for almost an entire season his rookie year. He only got a start because the Chiefs were already in the playoffs and the game meant nothing. I'm not saying that's the blueprint of success, I'm just saying it's not like the Giants would be missing the boat by not getting Jones enough playing time this season. 

I want to see him as much as anyone else but I'd rather him be ready. 

There’s no way Eli plays out the season. It’s in Shurmur’s and Gettleman’s best interest to show that they picked the right quarterback. Because at the moment they don’t have much else going for them, and at this rate they won’t be around for next year. 

• Like 1