Week 2: Jacksonville Jaguars (0-1) @ Houston Texans (0-1) - Gardner. Minshew.

Adrenaline_Flux

33 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

The jump Chark has taken from year 1 to year 2 has been huge. My complaint about Chark was he was a body catcher but he looks like a different guy. If he could be that go to guy for Gardner, whew. 

Yeah, this play got my attention:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

this one hurts

It does but I don't feel the pit in my stomach like usual.

Minshew impressed me. The D actually came to play (although if this game doesn't scream "PAY YAN" than idk what does). 

We need Cam back and I think Will Rich needs to move inside.

2 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

The team needs to let Minshew do his thing sooner and be less predictable on first down. Until later in the game, it was pretty much always a run on first down and it was easy to tell where it would be going. Fournette didn't have a lot to work with on those plays. 

It's kinda a double-edged sword though, being "unpredictable" on 1st down. This team is built to play bully ball. Line up and run it straight at them when they know it's coming. Keep forcing them to make those stops and not letting them get into a real pure pash rushing rhythm. 

You get more "unpredictable" on first down, and you end up in a lot more 2nd and 10s with teams really pinning their ears back.  A lot more three and outs and short drives that end unpredictably early. 

The predictable football they're trying to play, is exactly how you complement an inxeperienced QB and lean on a stout defense.

Just need a little bit more push out of your blocking. Really establish that LOS dominance. 

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

yes but the decision was so easy to make was kick the XP go to OT'

or u let minshew make the play. they chose to run a HB dive that wasnt working all game. 

Yeah. People love "aggressive coaching"...but in a position to comfortably take it to OT with momentum and put it in the hands of your defence that was holding up really well? With a rookie backup QB against a division rival? Take that gimme XP and amd chance to stuff a division favourite...and run with it imo. 

40 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah. People love "aggressive coaching"...but in a position to comfortably take it to OT with momentum and put it in the hands of your defence that was holding up really well? With a rookie backup QB against a division rival? Take that gimme XP and amd chance to stuff a division favourite...and run with it imo. 

theres a time and a place for agrressive coaching but with a single point needed to take it to OT u gotta kick the ball. lambo is about automatic as they seem to come since weve got him. 

it seems to me Minshew works better in a hurry up offense so why not try a hurry up all day. obviously dont hurry up to fast but u know line up drain clock if u want dont let the d make subs

50 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

It's kinda a double-edged sword though, being "unpredictable" on 1st down. This team is built to play bully ball. Line up and run it straight at them when they know it's coming. Keep forcing them to make those stops and not letting them get into a real pure pash rushing rhythm. 

You get more "unpredictable" on first down, and you end up in a lot more 2nd and 10s with teams really pinning their ears back.  A lot more three and outs and short drives that end unpredictably early. 

The predictable football they're trying to play, is exactly how you complement an inxeperienced QB and lean on a stout defense.

Just need a little bit more push out of your blocking. Really establish that LOS dominance. 

this built to play bully ball is a load of horse crap.  if this team was meant to play bully ball we would have atleast 4ypc by fournette vs any defense.  '

look at carlos hyde did last year and what hes doing now.  for whatever reason it is hydes doing better behind a "worse" ol then ours. 

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

It does but I don't feel the pit in my stomach like usual.

Minshew impressed me. The D actually came to play (although if this game doesn't scream "PAY YAN" than idk what does). 

We need Cam back and I think Will Rich needs to move inside.

i think we need a new Blocking scheme cuz we cant run the ball. looks like the same piss poor Runblocking with 2 different starters outside and it didnt seem to be on the 2 new guys for being bad. 

this isnt to say Cam shouldnt be back at LT but we need to get better inside. 

wonder how a line like Cam-Richardson-linder-norwell-taylor would manage. 

Edited by LinderFournette