GDT 9/15/19 Week 2: 1-0 Baltimore Ravens vs 0-1 Arizona Cardinals

DreamKid

A team that has OL troubles against a team that doesn't have much of a pass rush.

A team that goes 4 wide more than any team in the NFL against a team that is without their slot CB and #2 CB but still has the best secondary in the NFL.

A rookie QB against a team that slaughters rookie QB's

Should be fun to watch. I'm interested to see how we match up against their spread offense.

3 hours ago, DreamKid said:

DJ calling in the pick- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmC4NQbdlsI

Congrats to a Ravens legend, and future HOFer.

ngatax-large-1368499458.jpg

Crazy to think that as a DL he last in the league as long as he did. Outlasted Mangold, the guy we were also considering.

It’s also pretty crazy to think, the Haloti Ngata pick marks the first year that I “lurked” on this forum with regards to draft information. It wouldn’t be until Dec2007 that I would actually join and experience the Flacco/Rice draft. 😂

Back in the days of @Ravens5255 @BaltimoreTerp @sp6488 @Integrity and a few others that I can’t recall. Getting old. 🤦‍♀️ 

Congrats on a great career by Ngata. This man was an utter beast. Looking at that highlight reel and how he used to just ragdoll everyone he tackled. Crazy to think in his scouting report, the guy who fell because he was “lazy” was the guy that outlasted most everyone in his class. Awesome career.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

A team that has OL troubles against a team that doesn't have much of a pass rush.

I'm assuming we are the team that has oline troubles?

I think we only gave up 10 pressures on 59 dropbacks, which is only 17%. We finished top ten in that stat. And that is with starting a dude who we just picked up off waivers because our starting RT got hurt a couple days before the season. For instance, we pressured Stafford on 47% of his dropbacks. 

We rushed for 5 YPC. Lions have a pretty good front w/ Snacks, Trey Flowers, A'Shawn, Kennard, Mike Daniels. 

The oline did well vs the Vikings in W3 of the preseason. 

I think people thought they sucked because W2 of preseason where the Raiders blitzed all over the place. But that doesn't have a whole lot to do w/ the line. 

Our line last year barely has anything to do w/ our line this year. I think our starters this year played like a total of 15% of the snaps for us last year, it's basically a completely different line. 

Edited by 11sanchez11

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I'm assuming we are the team that has oline troubles?

I think we only gave up 10 pressures on 59 dropbacks, which is only 17%. We finished top ten in that stat. And that is with starting a dude who we just picked up off waivers because our starting RT got hurt a couple days before the season. For instance, we pressured Stafford on 47% of his dropbacks. 

We rushed for 5 YPC. Lions have a pretty good front w/ Snacks, Trey Flowers, A'Shawn, Kennard, Mike Daniels. 

The oline did well vs the Vikings in W3 of the preseason. 

I think people thought they sucked because W2 of preseason where the Raiders blitzed all over the place. But that doesn't have a whole lot to do w/ the line. 

Our line last year barely has anything to do w/ our line this year. I think our starters this year played like a total of 15% of the snaps for us last year, it's basically a completely different line. 

Lions' pass rush is a joke. They're all run stuffers.

We will be blitzing all over the place and we'll see how Kyler handles it.

17 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Lions' pass rush is a joke. They're all run stuffers.

Flowers, Okwara, & Kennard all had 14 or more QB hits last year. Snacks had 7 in 10 games. Daniels two years ago had 14. 

I think they are pretty good.

For instance, I think Judon is the only pass rusher/dlineman on your team who had more than 8 last year.

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Flowers, Okwara, & Kennard all had 14 or more QB hits last year. Snacks had 7 in 10 games. Daniels two years ago had 14. 

I think they are pretty good.

For instance, I think Judon is the only pass rusher/dlineman on your team who had more than 8 last year.

And Judon isn't a good pass rusher. We're just a blitz heavy team right now.

I think the speed we have on defense, upfront especially, is going to surprise Kyler Murray. Bowser, Williams, and Judon can all run. And we all know how quickly our ILBs can run down QBs trying to break the pocket. Shouldn't sleep on Patrick Ricard either. He has freaky burst for an interior player, and Wink confirmed he's essentially a starter in DIME packages at this point. 

That said, I do think this game will be way more competitive than last week's- obviously. I see the Cardinals popping larger plays now and then, and putting together maybe 3-4 solid drives. A 31-16 W for us feels like a good guess.