Ryan Griffin

2020 TB 3rd

Jacksonville

2020 WSH 1st

Case Keenum

OJ Howard

Mike Hilton

Bud Dupree

You couldn't possibly understand. First, let's just let it sink in.

I believe we are cap compliant. Minor housekeeping can always fix that issue.

Explanation: coming soon....

Washington

Fix the defense. Fix the offense. 

Washington is an enigma. They have some really nice pieces. Well, it's pretty mediocre, but it works pretty well. Any team. No matter the pieces. If it forms a complete puzzle. It will outperform a scattered mess that jams pieces together and holds up a disshelved pasta glued paper-mache donkey mess. Here, Mom. Done. Mom is not amused. But she loves it anyway. The complete puzzle is just hard to do. Because you need all the pieces. Duh.

Tuitt. Completes the puzzle for the defensive line. He is the epitome of a perfect fit with Jonathan Allen and Da'Ron Payne. I don't trade Tuitt bc he sucks. I trade Tuitt because he completes the puzzle. Hey idiots - your puzzle is complete. Now, come do business with me. 

Vinny. If you love yourself some Jon Bostic. Then, boy, what do I have in store for you. Vinny is a good blitzer that has adequate speed and is an above average tackler. He's mean and aggressive and can body slam any man 235 and under. And I see him being a great addition to that defense. He's actually a linebacker. On a team devoid of linebackers.

They're close at CB. You still got Josh Norman. Davis helps complete that puzzle. Sean Davis is a slot CB played out of position by a team that has yet to draft a successful CB this century. Sorry. Not sorry. The proof is in the pudding. Ike Taylor still can't catch a cold. But he can catch a pair of hoodrats after a long night of partying. He can catch that. But so can anyone with $1,000.

Hey - but Sean Davis. What do you got here. 3 cone. Acceleration. Speed. He's like a spiderman with his web. Take thinking out the game. Safeties are deep thinkers. And just let the man play. Look how he's built. A safety is bigger than that. Shoulders. Frame. Look at his legs. That's the composition of a CB. For crying out loud.

He lays lumber. He has press-man skills. He is a good blitzer. And just like that... the Redskins have a top 5 defense. They got D-Line just savagely collapsing pockets, they got OLB's, one is a monster - the other what Anthony Chickilo aspires to be. Kerrigan is a max output try hard. He has a great motor. Aka he's white. Yet, talented.

Do you remember what Jameis Winston did to Pitt. As a freshman, this is all opportunity and environment....you need to put people in the best position to succeed. Against Pitt, in a pro-style system where he can handoff and run play-action. It's Pitt. But he embarrassed them. Like how Tom Brady embarrasses the Steelers defense. This is the system he needs to run. 

The Redskins run this system. He's a free agent after the year. I know he will produce in this system. Give the man a 2 year, $56m extension. $43m guaranteed. After he puts together a string of wins. Cooks like to be in the Kitchen. Give Haskins time to develop. You have a 1 and 1a. Let the best man win. And just let it play out. And keep your job, Jay Gruden. This team can go 10-6. This season. You just need a QB to run the show. Not a game manager type. You're not good enough for that. Winston is not a spread QB. He'll never be good at that. I'm not saying he can't run plays out of the gun. Long-term. He can't do it. As the only source of offense. He can be an above average QB if he hands it off and runs play-action and throws the ball down the field. And gets good defense. What I love about Winston is he can push the ball down the field. You put people in the wrong environment. And they'll never succeed. Because they never had opportunity in the first place.

Jordan Reed is older. And is injury prone. Vernon Davis is still productive. Bc he's an athletic freak. You have stability and depth at that position. So, you can take from it, and be okay. Plus, I think Vernon and Jameis go together like peas and carrots. 

Trent Williams is rotting on his couch. You ain't gonna pay what he wants. He is an all-pro left tackle who is massive and has good movement skills.

We're dropping call it 12-16 draft spots. We can beat Dallas on the road in the Wildcard. March from our 1st to PIT 2nd. This saves cap. As they had a pair of 1st's this past season.

Tampa Bay

Get the offense going. Depth on defense. 

This is my favorite one, here. Because the man is beyond giddy. He's like a kid in a candy store.

BA goes Bananas for Roethlisberger. Ben is a fit for what BA wants to do. They have chemistry. And Winston will not succeed in Tampa Bay with the current system and regime in place. He'll take 2 years of Ben as opposed to a rebuild. He wants to win now. This gives them their dynamic partnership. That is trendy. But. Good trendy. Most trendy sucks.

The man plunders gold and rapes and pillages the best of the best on his traversing of the seven seas. 

You can slide Donovan Smith to RT. Insert All-Pro LT Trent Williams. Easy sell there. Massive road grader with wheels. This stabilizes the unit, makes you stronger at RR, and lets recent acquisitions help formulate a deep unit.

Jordan Reed. Are you kidding me. Stud. You got Cameron Brate as your do-it-all tight end. Heath Miller type. Then you add Jordan Reed as your split out tight end and h-back. He stretches the field. He gobbles up short passes and gets YAC. Ben is gonna love this guy. OJ Howard. Nice player. We got Brate and Reed. We got everything we need.

DeDe Westbrook. I don't even know how this guy fell to where he did, but he gives the Bucs a slot WR. With some speed and some wiggle. They got Evans and Godwin. DeDe is a slasher and with the pieces you got in place. This is a KC Chiefs type offense. 

* note: I would also add Melvin Gordon for a 2nd & 4th. Or something of that ilk. To bring the KC Chiefs type offense to fruition. But - HEY - that's just me  

I'm willing to take from defense. 1st rd picks out the door. Because of the depth of the unit. Quite frankly, Kevin Minter and Lavonte David is all you need at LB. Minter can slide right in and get you 120 tackles this year for Devin White. Deone Bucannon fills the 3rd down role. Minter is a great player. I was impressed by him all-around vs CAR. 

When JPP comes back, this is a formidable unit. They got collapse of the pocket from the interior and outside rush. Good trackers in the middle. And a nice young secondary. I'm thinking you can remain net neutral. These subtractions and JPP cancel and the unit resembles what you saw vs the Panthers. Good. But not great.

But now. The offense scores points. Probably 34 PPG. And you win more. Probably 10-6.

Pittsburgh

A NEW BEGINNING. 

The defense needs to be chiral. 

I'm not really sure what to say. It's just easier to have the Lord speak for me. The proof is in the pudding.

Jacksonville

Moving the franchise forward.

Nick Foles is a fail for me. He's a spread QB in a pro-style system. Jameis Winston also works here. Nick Foles in Philly is a win. 

Case Keenum is strictly a $3.5m, one year deal rental that plugs in cap and also gives me the best QB they've had since Mark Brunell. Now, I don't think Keenum is all that. He's better than Minshew. But they just need someone to manage the game. Be a potential threat to throw the ball. And not turn the ball over. That's the Jaguars DNA. When Brunell managed the game. They played good defense. And hit Jimmy Smith on some deep balls with Keenan McCardell underneath, it was a productive unit. Do that. They have no WRs to speak of. And they're trying this spread ____. Hand it to Fournette. Maybe reinvent the wheel. Loosen up the run by some game manager type throws from Keenum. This opens up the run, which creates playaction, which you only need two or three of these a game. And you got Keenum 19-26 235 2TDs. In a win. 

I think the AFC South is weak enough where you can make the playoffs. But the WAS 1st is juicy. And if you tank and they fail, too. They're 0-2. Maybe you got two top 10-15 picks. You got Jalen Ramsey that wants paid and he'll fetch picks if need be. Point being. You got options. The 1st rd pick could be your best piece. It's what you make of it. As is life.

OJ Howard. This piggybacks your identity. Game manager type throws with playaction over the top. I think OJ Howard is a fantastic fit with some outstanding tools. He could be your Dallas Clark to your Peyton Manning. You just gotta find the Sheriff. But Keenum can be the Deputy in the meantime.

Mike Hilton adds to a defense that is above average. The semi-retirement of Telvin Smith hurts. Mike Hilton adds to an area of weakness. Or just non-existent. He provides another weapon. The Jags got guys collapsing the pocket and Hilton on the outside. It's a complete sinking of the ship for the opposing offense.

Bud Dupree is a swap on Ngakoue. And would be a good fit with a team that collapses the pocket from the inside. He is on a tryout type deal. If he performs well, he could give you similar output to Ngakoue at half the cost. Or let him walk. And have him be part of the compensatory formula in 2021.

The Jags lose on Ngakoue. He wants big bucks. They seem reluctant to pay. But have drafted Josh Allen as insurance. He becomes the starter. This swap provides an abundance of assets and you get Bud Dupree as insurance. I think his speed and tools play if it's a different system. He can play if he's in the right system. I really do believe that. 

DeDe Westbrool is a loss. But a loss mitigated by a changing of scheme. We have Fournette. We have a top OL. We have a TE in OJ Howard. A defense. And a game manager at QB. We have a team. WRs grow on trees. We'll find one later. Maybe we even draft Jerry Jeudy from Alabama.

Director of Player Personnel - Joe Greene

- Developing talent

- Scouting

- Communicating w/ Pro Scout and College Scout coordinator

* shut up, Joe. Get your ___ off the couch

Defensive Coordinator - Brent Venables

- Incorporating strategies of other coordinators into one comprehensive gameplan

- Designing blitz schemes to expose weaknesses

- In game adjustments/Chess play

- Communicating w/ "QB" on defense

- Chirality

Pass Defense Coordinator - Jimmy Lake

- Developing best strategy against opposing offense

- Understand gimmicks and mind of the offense

- Align the DBs schematically to generate turnovers

- Communicate with DC his in game adjustments

- Oversees the DB room

D-Line Coordinator - Accepting Applications

- Exploiting line weaknesses

- Overall organization of the line

- Teaching/Instructing the players

- Controlling the line of scrimmage

- Developing rush and run defense gameplan

LB Coordinator - Keith Butler

- Blitz strategy for LB play

- LB organization and alignment of the pegs (i.e. to blitz or not to blitz, LB coverage scheme, etc.)

- Oversees the LB room

DB Coach - Rod Woodson

- Instilling technique and discipline

- Teaching nuances and tricks of the trade

- Osmosis via film study and knowing what the QB is thinking

- Communicates with Pass Defense Coordinator

EDGE Coach - Kevin Greene

- Swim

- Rip

- Disengage techniques

- Setting up the tackle w/ pass rush moves

LB Coach - Jerry O

- Instill disengage technique

- Flow 

- Read/react

OL/Run Game Coordinator - Mike Munchak

- Exploiting line weaknesses

- Overall organization of the line

- Teaching/Instructing the players

- Controlling the line of scrimmage

- Developing rush attack gameplan

Defensive Assistant - Coach LeBeau

- Instilling proper tutelage and discipline to the players

- Serving as a leader and instructionary for the unit

- Provides countless wisdom and know how from over 60+ years of football experience

- (i.e. do whatever you want)

Don't tell me this happens. Because it doesn't. The lack of organization and structure is ever present. I see it every week.

Coaches teach technique.

Coordinators call the shots.

Naming Rights

University of Pittsburgh Medical "Center"

Here we are at UPMC in Pittsburgh...

$10m a year.

Three "Rivers" Stadium

$10m a year. 

You ain't getting $10m out of UPMC without some leverage. 

Edited by Money

Liked Three Rivers more than heinz field, the fishbowl sound got loud at three rivers when the D was near top of the league.

I don't know how a 4 way trade works, and I doubt this would happen. Right now regarding the steelers, I am not sure about this team or which team will show up week to week either.  I don't know what to make of this team, not sure if I care enough like I once did that's for sure. 

I saw ben to the bucs, I could see him accepting the chance to close out his career with his favourite coach in arians, that might be possible.  I doubt they trade White but maybe VH3, but of course artie had a great camp, made the team and will show everyone he is a starter while haden is outxD

if Rudolph is the new QB, the team will have some extra cap space to fix the defence and get a WR if required etc. Trading for players in the front on defense is tricky since I don't know what they plan for next year. At least in the secondary, safeties and CB's can be determined to fit into a scheme the team runs. I would opt for:

Trade for Minkah

Trade for a top CB, then move Nelson to the slot, nickel etc (when Haden is healthy). This has 3 legit CB's

in UFA or trade (or draft but I don't trust colbert for this)  get a legit Safety to replace edmunds, he's a back up 

That should fix the secondary and for the first time in about 6 years it could be decent anyways, perhaps even good. It has been bad for too many years under tomlin as colbert spent the $ on offence to keep ben happy 

OLB though, this is the area of issue. They need a legit OLB opposite watt, I would prefer a proven vet but don't know who will be available . I would still prefer a 4 man front keeping Hargrave out there all the time with Tuitt inside and Heyward at DE but it won't happen.  Try to recover Skipper from the giants for a late RD pick, maybe now if they IR chickillo. 

The D needs the most help, butler might not be good but he also lacks talent across the defence. LeBeau had all the talent, just saying.

On 9/16/2019 at 3:35 AM, Money said:

I'm content with this. 

Youre content with the ideas in a thread that YOU created?   Mmhmm. 

You dont happen to have multiple personalities, do you?    Who am I speaking with now?  

• Like 2