Week 2 GDT

Matts4313

Just now, Forge said:

These probably need to be reviewable. If they cracked open the penalty review gate, these can be just as suspect and important as DPI calls or non calls

I've been advocating for every call to be reviewable for atleast 15 years. I don't care that it would make the games last longer but it's best way until they can find a way to solve the real issue--the refs themselves.

Just now, BayRaider said:

Did anyone signal for the Bears timeout as soon as ht the ground or did the Refs give them a freebie? I know there was 1 second left, no disputing that, but did anyone call timeout exactly during the 1 second?

Mitch did yes. As soon as Arob touched the ground he started running the field calling timeout.

11 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Wrong. The conversion rate of a two point try is greater than 50% (chances of winning in OT) of the PAT. Marrone was absolutely correct.

Wrong. The conversion rate is historically below 50% but you are probably going off of 2018 only.

• If you go with the run the ball into the line play call (he did) it probably drops to about 30%
  • Factor in that the Jax line is a mess without Robinson and the Texans have some giant people up front and now you are somewhere around 25%

The extra point is like 99.5% or better. You keep your team alive there.

The odds at 1 yard are something like 70% (using 4th and goal from the 1 numbers)

The play they ran got a bit more than the 1 yard. Too bad they needed 2.

Fournette did not even get the Testaverde Helmet TD.

Everything about that call was pathetic

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I don't think there NFL wants them to overturn the calls on these

Jumping on a guys back well before the ball gets there is clear and obvious PI.

I'm not complaining because of the PI not getting added, but the replay needs to not exist if you aren't going to make the correct call.

16 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Only if Trubisky can say time out! and the ref can process it and call it all in 0.63 seconds.

The time on the clock when he hits the ground is meaningless. Its in-bounds. The TO has to be requested, received, and granted AFTER the play is over.

That can't be done in ZERO SECONDS.

That's not possible. This game was fixed.

Fixed 😂 Oh please

• Like 2

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

On a scale of 1-10 how confident are you guys in your team after 2 weeks?

Had Staley not gotten hurt for the ninees, I'd say a 7. I thought we would finish with 7-9 wins and opening 2-0 on the road I would have felt very confident in a 9 win season and maybe even 10 given the schedule. Without Staley, this becomes a much bigger mess

• Like 1