Sean Payton gets 5 year extension

candyman93

9 minutes ago, Classic said:

Damn beat me to it. I'm surprised Payton signed that long of a extension. They dont have a capable QB after Brees to win with after next year. I also don't think they can tank to get a top QB.

Saints are a deep team and a young team. I think knowing all you need is a decent QB to remain competitive would be pretty enticing. You don’t need a Top 10 pick to get a QB

9 minutes ago, Dome said:

Saints are a deep team and a young team. I think knowing all you need is a decent QB to remain competitive would be pretty enticing. You don’t need a Top 10 pick to get a QB

Bridgewater and Hill are not decent as passers. The Saints can't rely on those guys after Brees and will be taking a QB after Brees leaves.

29 minutes ago, Classic said:

Bridgewater and Hill are not decent as passers. The Saints can't rely on those guys after Brees and will be taking a QB after Brees leaves.

That’s not what I’m saying. 

When I say they’ll need to get a decent QB, I’m talking about someone who isn’t on the roster already.

Edited by Dome

7 hours ago, Dome said:

That’s not what I’m saying. 

When I say they’ll need to get a decent QB, I’m talking about someone who isn’t on the roster already.

My hope is that if Brees retires after this year and the Raiders stupidly move on from Carr that the Saints pick him up.  He's much better than most give him credit for and with a change of scenery he might fulfill the flashes of a MVP caliber QB that he showed prior to injury.

16 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Which means he's probably done.

I don’t think that Brees would go out like that. Huge blow though. What a game for the Saints. They get screwed by the refs for the third straight game...then Brees is probably lost for the season. I have a feeling that lots of Saints fans are just going to become indifferent.  

Just now, sammymvpknight said:

I don’t think that Brees would go out like that. Huge blow though. What a game for the Saints. They get screwed by the refs for the third straight game...then Brees is probably lost for the season. I have a feeling that lots of Saints fans are just going to become indifferent.  

I don't think he would want to, but can a 41 year old QB come back from a serious hand injury and play QB at a high level?  I'd have to see it to believe it.