Matts4313 and Slappers: Dallas at Foreskins

HDsportsfan

6 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Did you guys watch a different game than me?

Zeke was very average for 55+ minutes of that game. Looked like he couldnt make a cut to save his life.

Obvi I think he will improve as he works into playing shape. But how you watched him today and thought "game ball" is beyond me. Pollard arguably looked better in limited snaps. 

EDIT: 34 of Zekes yards came on 2 carries after the game was over and we were running out the clock on the last drive. Garbage time yards. If you take those away:

21 carries, 77 yards, 3.7 YPC

^^^^^^^^^ Those are not Zeke gameball numbers. 

No. I said he’s starting to look in shape. He usually runs his way into game shape a few weeks into the season. Then again, I believe the running game matters, so I actually WATCH them.

You can't take away long runs and say look he wasn't that good without those good runs. Garbage time refers to the winning team playing prevent and giving away easy yards at the end of the game to the losing team. Not the winning team running out the clock when the opponent knows it's going to be a run and doing everything to stop it. Thats called closing, and he did great at it. Zeke gets better in the 4th quarter after the defense is tired. And even a noticeably sluggish Zeke was able to come alive and get better as the game went on. 

25 touches, 120 total yards, 1 TD, with 4.8 yards per rush is game ball worthy as long as you can give out more than one. Dak outshined him. 

Edited by DaBoys