Mason Rudolph Mega Thread - ALL RUDOLPH TALK HERE

steelcurtain29

8 minutes ago, jebrick said:

How any player is ranked before the draft means nothing.  How they perform is all that matters.

I will be interested to see if the Steeler brain-trust9_9 changes the playbook to take advantage of Rudolph's strengths.  More Rollouts, RPO and play actions.

it means a lot.  there's a much higher chance that a player YOU want for your team will be unavailable to draft if he's highly ranked.

"he's the #1  OLB on the board"  NFL scouting consensus

"I bet we can get him at pick 4.27 "  - Team who thinks rankings don't matter at all.

The Steelers were lucky that most teams that wanted/needed a QB took one in the 1st round last year. By the time the 3rd round came along, the Steelers draft board likely had Mason way up top. They knew Cinci had two picks in front of them, so they traded up to get Rudolph. For all intents and purposes, Rudolph is now the Steelers QB of the future.

That said, if the Steelers go 2-14 all bets are off. There could be a complete house cleaning depending on how Rooney feels about the past 10 years or so since the last SB appearance.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cjfollett said:

I expect to hear: Welcome back Landry Jones... (barf emoji).

It could be worse. I'd probably rather have Landry as the #2 this year rather than Hodges. Depends on if the FO wants to crap the year or not, but I'd trust Landry to come into a game cold or maybe win a game or two as a starter. 

I'm hoping to see a good balanced offense with Rudolph at the helm. A lot of under center power runs and play actions. A lot of short timing routes out of the gun. A couple deep shots here and there. He's already got really good chemistry with Washington, so I could see an uptick in his targets. Mason might breathe some fresh air into this lifeless team. The defense will surprise some people if the offense could control the TOP. 

5 hours ago, jebrick said:

How any player is ranked before the draft means nothing.  How they perform is all that matters.

I will be interested to see if the Steeler brain-trust9_9 changes the playbook to take advantage of Rudolph's strengths.  More Rollouts, RPO and play actions.

and how about more real rushing  attack from the RB's? I expect the team to respond, they did in the seahawks game and now Mason will have first team reps and be ready to go.  I have no concerns about Mason, but it would help if he had WR's that will/can? catch and if the OC can stay with a solid rushing attack to help.