BDL 2019 Week 2 - Gotham Gashslayers @ Lancaster Werewolves

Whicker

Gotham Gashslayers @ Lancaster Werewolves  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Gotham Gashslayers
    • Lancaster Werewolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/19/2019 at 04:00 AM

6 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Guy was signed as a backup by the Pat's.  Raiders obviously overpaid for a RT or I guess Miller outplayed enough in preseason to kick him to RT.  Point is, nobody wanted him at a premium position other than the Raiders who didn't think enough of their signing to give him a chance.  You can write your own narrative,  but it doesn't reflect reality. 

I’m pretty sure the idea was to play him at RT always to block Von and Bosa

3 hours ago, pheltzbahr said:

Guy was signed as a backup by the Pat's.  Raiders obviously overpaid for a RT or I guess Miller outplayed enough in preseason to kick him to RT.  Point is, nobody wanted him at a premium position other than the Raiders who didn't think enough of their signing to give him a chance.  You can write your own narrative,  but it doesn't reflect reality. 

I really don't think I'm saying anything controversial or out there. Trent Brown was a very good LT last year and he was paid accordingly. Just because he's at RT with his current team doesn't take away from his excellent play at LT the year before. If the Raiders hadn't just spent a high first round pick on a LT, Brown would be playing there. If Miller went down, Brown would likely play there at LT. You say that my narrative doesn't reflect reality but earlier you said Brown was paid "not exactly blow you away money" when he was actually made the highest paid OL in NFL history. I'm not trying to say that he is the most elite LT in the game or anything but he is a very good OT and more than capable of manning the blindside. His versatility should not be considered a detriment. Also, as Counselor mentioned, it's not like playing RT is easy in the AFC West. He has to face some monstrous pass rushers whether he plays RT or LT.

Edited by rackcs

I'm much more worried about Nick Martin starting at LG than Trent Brown starting at LT. Nick Martin isn't good at C, let alone at G. I expect a healthy dose of pressure inside from Gotham disrupting pass and run plays from Lancaster. That's where the positives end for Gotham. If pheltz undesrtand the gameplan right I understand pheltz gameplan right, McKinney is matched up against Kamara in the passing game. Yikes. I like both Evans and OBJ over Rhodes and Howard, though the cover 2 will limit a bit their impact. 

On the other end, I think Hill injury showed the big issue with this Gotham roster: its depth. Parker is not good enough to be a #2 WR in BDL and I expect Ramsey to shut down Landry so Gotham relies too much on him. With 8 men in the box and one less blocker in the field, I don't see Gotham running game being that successful. And while Kirskey vs Jacobs or Johnson is a good matchup for them, I don't think that's enough.

17-7 Lancaster

Edited by TedLavie

32 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I'm much more worried about Nick Martin starting at LG than Trent Brown starting at LT. Nick Martin isn't good at C, let alone at G. I expect a healthy dose of pressure inside from Gotham disrupting pass and run plays from Lancaster. That's where the positives end for Gotham. If pheltz undesrtand the gameplan right, McKinney is matched up against Kamara in the passing game. Yikes. I like both Evans and OBJ over Rhodes and Howard, though the cover 2 will limit a bit their impact. 

On the other end, I think Hill injury showed the big issue with this Gotham roster: its depth. Parker is not good enough to be a #2 WR in BDL and I expect Ramsey to shut down Landry so Gotham relies too much on him. With 8 men in the box and one less blocker in the field, I don't see Gotham running game being that successful. And while Kirskey vs Jacobs or Johnson is a good matchup for them, I don't think that's enough.

17-7 Lancaster

I actualy had Minkah Fitzpatrick on Kamara.

12 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Way your gameplan is written @pheltzbahr, on 3 WR sets with Kamara on the backfield, you have Minkah out and McKinney on RB duties

With the way the gameplan is written, Kamara is primarily a runner (Inside and Outside) in their base 3 wide set, I think McKinney would flourish there.  Seems Kamara is an afterthought in the pass game in those formations, unless he's just getting the ball every play.  

17 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

With the way the gameplan is written, Kamara is primarily a runner (Inside and Outside) in their base 3 wide set, I think McKinney would flourish there.  Seems Kamara is an afterthought in the pass game in those formations, unless he's just getting the ball every play.  

I think I've covered the inside rushing prospects for Lancaster. And Kamara isn't an afterthought. They're just spreading the ball around. If he was getting the ball on every play I would probably have given a bigger point total than 17

These offensive lines are pretty much the exact same. An adequate but not great LT, a Pouncey, an impenetrable right side, and a weakness at LG. Just an observation. 

This game seems a lot like the Hungary/Rome game where both teams want to run the ball and it will likely result in a pretty ugly defensive game. 

I like the 2 RB offense from Gotham and I like the creativity in their run game. I think they will run the ball early with some unconventional RPO and running plays, but I think Lancaster’s focus on stopping the run and great talent adjusts quickly. At that point, I think Gotham offense struggles in the overall. Jalen will erase Landry from impact plays. DeVante Parker and Kyle Rudolph don’t inspire confidence. And I do think Wentz will face pressure from the left side. 

On the other side, I don’t think Lancaster fares a ton better. Gotham’s defensive line is really, really good and they will control the line of scrimmage just fine. Rivers will face pressure as well including from the interior. Their Cover-2 man scheme will really limit Odell and Evans’ impact although they can win shorter routes. Surprisingly I think Snead going deep might be a difference maker as it could draw one of the safeties’ coverage. 

I have hinted at my being lower than most on Lancaster’s lineup. I really liked Gotham last week and I was somewhat expecting to come in here and vote Gotham given the writeup issues this week from Lancaster. This game would be hella ugly IMO. Both QBs will struggle. I think Wentz handles the pressure a bit better but Rivers has the superior weaponry. I think both teams are similarly un/successful running the ball. In the end, I vote Lancaster. I think that they, being at home especially, get a greater impact from their weaponry than Gotham gets with its pressure. 

• Like 2

As a previous Parker owner I had really high hopes for the guy when I drafted him. It was an all out beast in college. That just hasn't translated to the field yet. He is an average receiver that just can't do much more than be a complimentary receiver. He can't be a lead guy for an offense and that sinks Gotham here.