2020 Draft thread

lavar703

2 hours ago, Umbaugh21 said:

I don’t think we get to pick Chase Young. I’m ok with Jerry Jeudy if not. This allows us to release Paul Richardson Jr. And have a cheaper and much better receiver. 

We’re 1-8 and haven’t scored a TD in three games lol. Unless something drastic happens we’re most likely going to have a shot at Chase Young. 

And to add to this, if Fitz starts the Miami game we’re 0-9 right now. We have a legitimate case for worse team in the NFL. 

Edited by lavar703
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Umbaugh21 said:

I don’t think we get to pick Chase Young. I’m ok with Jerry Jeudy if not. This allows us to release Paul Richardson Jr. And have a cheaper and much better receiver. 

We should release PRich no matter what. Can’t afford to pay him $10 mil over the next few years. Even if we don’t get a huge upgrade opposite McLaurin, I know I’m fine if Harmon is starting opposite McLaurin next year, I’d rather have another WR drafted in the first 3 rounds but I like Harmon’s potential too. Then, we still have the Sims brothers and Kidsy too. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

We’re 1-8 and haven’t scored a TD in three games lol. Unless something drastic happens we’re most likely going to have a shot at Chase Young. 

And to add to this, if Fitz starts the Miami game we’re 0-9 right now. We have a legitimate case for worse team in the NFL. 

It’s true that it’s likely, but we must lose to the Jets. I also don’t know that the Bengals win a game. We are bad, they are worse and now they are starting Finley. Maybe AJ Green makes a difference but I can’t imagine it’s a 10 point or so difference where they’d win 3 or 4 games the second half of the year.

36 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It’s true that it’s likely, but we must lose to the Jets. I also don’t know that the Bengals win a game. We are bad, they are worse and now they are starting Finley. Maybe AJ Green makes a difference but I can’t imagine it’s a 10 point or so difference where they’d win 3 or 4 games the second half of the year.

I’d be shocked if we beat the Jets. We’re running an archaic offense and our defense is terrible. I don’t think we’d beat the Bengals. You can’t win with the offense Callahan is trotting out there. It simply will not work in today’s NFL. 

• Like 1

I think we (and everyone else) are probably overestimating how bad our record has to be in order to secure a top 3 pick. 

In the last 15 years, there has been a grand total of 5 teams with 15 or 16 losses. There has not been a season where there was more than one team sitting at 1-15 or worse. 

There have been only 20 teams in that span who have finished with even 14 losses (1.25 teams per year). Only once, in 2008, did a 2-14 team pick as low as #3. Every other year, a 2-14 record has “earned” a top 2 pick. 

The point is, I don’t think we have to lose out in order to have a chance to get Chase Young. I recognize that tanking is more en vogue now than it’s ever been, but the reality is that (especially in the late-season stages), even awful teams win some games. The Bengals are not 0-16 bad. The Jets are not 1-15 bad. The Falcons are assuredly not 1-15 bad. The Dolphins legitimately are 1-15 bad, but FitzMagic is a powerful, dark force beyond our understanding. When all is said and done, as long as we’re picking ahead of the Jets and the Falcons, I think we’re okay. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

I think we (and everyone else) are probably overestimating how bad our record has to be in order to secure a top 3 pick. 

In the last 15 years, there has been a grand total of 5 teams with 15 or 16 losses. There has not been a season where there was more than one team sitting at 1-15 or worse. 

There have been only 20 teams in that span who have finished with even 14 losses (1.25 teams per year). Only once, in 2008, did a 2-14 team pick as low as #3. Every other year, a 2-14 record has “earned” a top 2 pick. 

The point is, I don’t think we have to lose out in order to have a chance to get Chase Young. I recognize that tanking is more en vogue now than it’s ever been, but the reality is that (especially in the late-season stages), even awful teams win some games. The Bengals are not 0-16 bad. The Jets are not 1-15 bad. The Falcons are assuredly not 1-15 bad. The Dolphins legitimately are 1-15 bad, but FitzMagic is a powerful, dark force beyond our understanding. When all is said and done, as long as we’re picking ahead of the Jets and the Falcons, I think we’re okay. 

I’m with you but beating the jets would complicate a lot. But I mean we need to see the growth of Haskins run Guice see him hold up and where the cards play I mean we’re essentially gettin the two most anticipated offensive players of the last two drafts at the same time.  I want Chase Young. But we can be there and still realize value out of two big investments. You can give Guice touches to find out what you have there and let Haskins do alittle more and more and by seasons end know if it’s going to be worth moving forward with

42 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Interesting thing I just realized, in addition to MIA and NYJ playing each other again, they both also play CIN. Which means there are at least 3 wins coming to those 3 teams (barring a tie, which is perhaps a likelihood 😂)

This could finally be our year E!!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, e16bball said:

Interesting thing I just realized, in addition to MIA and NYJ playing each other again, they both also play CIN. Which means there are at least 3 wins coming to those 3 teams (barring a tie, which is perhaps a likelihood 😂)

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

This could finally be our year E!!!!

Best case scenario is that Miami beats the Jets and the Jets beat us. and Cincy can pull off 1 or 2 wins this eson. that would put us at #1. but really i see us having either the number 2 pick in the draft. If we end up picking at 1 or 2 I want chase young as much as any of you guys but you have to look at what teams offer if they want to move up for a QB. If Miami calls and offers their first 2 #1s and potentially more then I think you have to take that deal being that the steelers pick they have should be a high pick. If Miami picks at say 3-5 then theirs a chance we could still get either young, jeudy, or thomas, then with that other 1st could target Delpit, Lamb, or Wirfs, 

On 11/5/2019 at 10:58 PM, lavar703 said:

I’d be shocked if we beat the Jets. We’re running an archaic offense and our defense is terrible. I don’t think we’d beat the Bengals. You can’t win with the offense Callahan is trotting out there. It simply will not work in today’s NFL. 

You must have not watched much of the Jets. Crazy as it sounds we could Definitely beat them. Their D is lost without Mosely. Offense is just as bad if not worse than ours. 

24 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

You must have not watched much of the Jets. Crazy as it sounds we could Definitely beat them. Their D is lost without Mosely. Offense is just as bad if not worse than ours. 

Until we show we can score a TD I’m going to pick us to lose every game. You just can’t win playing offense the way Callahan wants to play. 

9 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Is it weird that I want this guy even more after his response to this faux pas on his part?

Could you ask for a more level-headed, frank, thoughtful post from a 20-year-old who is assuredly upset and embarrassed about this situation on multiple levels?

Let’s play like dung for Young. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Is it weird that I want this guy even more after his response to this faux pas on his part?

Could you ask for a more level-headed, frank, thoughtful post from a 20-year-old who is assuredly upset and embarrassed about this situation on multiple levels?

Let’s play like dung for Young. 

We’re on the same page E!!!

• Like 1