2020 Draft thread

lavar703

On 9/18/2019 at 5:39 PM, e16bball said:

Looks like he’s off to a little bit of a slow start, with only 9 catches in 3 games — but to be fair, 3 of those went for TDs and he’s averaging over 25 yards a catch, so I’m guessing his snaps/targets will probably pick up a bit once Oklahoma gets in some competitive games. 

I’m usually wrong, but this one feels decent at the moment. 

56 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

You and others are calling for Haskins to start and making the odds of them getting that #1 pick lower oppose to just sucking like the Dolphins are. 

They need to have a worst record than the Dolphins so they are forced to trade up for Tua. Talent doesn't matter at this point. 

Yes you give the Dolphins a competitive game but I hope they loss throughout the season until the #1 is theirs!

Who says Haskins would calculate to more wins though? If anything I think case as of right now. Is who gets us more wins and is ready. I’m all for starting Haskins but I don’t think that gets us more wins. I think he will struggle out of the gate to be honest getting used to it all. Either way neither QB gets us a winning season this year. So I don’t see why starting Haskins makes us have a lower pick. Especially when it’s the run game and defense that’s been bad for us, not the passing game

18 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Who says Haskins would calculate to more wins though? If anything I think case as of right now. Is who gets us more wins and is ready. I’m all for starting Haskins but I don’t think that gets us more wins. I think he will struggle out of the gate to be honest getting used to it all. Either way neither QB gets us a winning season this year. So I don’t see why starting Haskins makes us have a lower pick. Especially when it’s the run game and defense that’s been bad for us, not the passing game

Why would you put Haskins in if he isn't gonna help/give you the best chance to win? 

Giants didn't just put Jones out there to lose games!

2 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

That’s when you call the dolphins and try to steal all their first rounders for tua lol

it would be like trading Tua for Chase Young, Delpit, and a LT in my eyes

More like we’d get the Dolphins 2020 1st, 2020 2nd and 2013 1st.

So, if the Dolphins are picking 5th, we’d trade down and take Andrew Thomas, LT, Georgia with that pick.

Dolphins 2020 2nd: Colby Parkinson, TE, Stanford 

3rd: Lavert Hill, CB, Michigan 

4th: Julian Rochester, DE/DT, Georgia 

5th: JR Reed, S, Georgia

6th: Tyler Higby, OG, Michigan St

7th: Cam Brown, ILB, Penn State 

Dolphins 2021 1st: Justyn Ross, WR, Clemson  

Redskins 2021 1st: Michah Parson, ILB, Penn State 

The reason I want Haskins to play right now - and why I would have started him week 1 - is bc I want to see him play and develop. That's the bottom line.

We aren’t going anywhere with one of our average vet QBs starting. So, might at well get the rookie out there, watch him develop and learn while playing and watch this young team grow throughout the season.

They're going to start Haskins eventually, and deal with his growing pains, I see no reason to wait and delay the inevitable. 

Edited by turtle28

29 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The reason I want Haskins to play right now - and why I would have started him week 1 - is bc I want to see him play and develop. That's the bottom line.

We aren’t going anywhere with one of our average vet QBs starting. So, might at well get the rookie out there, watch him develop and learn while playing and watch this young team grow throughout the season.

They're going to start Haskins eventually, and deal with his growing pains, I see no reason to wait and delay the inevitable. 

The reason others don't want him to start his development until later on in the season is because "HIS FUTURE" matters more than the season. Also the Future of the team matters more than him starting now and this season.

Once again picking outside of the top 10 is gonna help this team how, oppose to possibly picking #1 or #2 and making a trade to add picks? They have mutiple wholes to fill. 

Also staring him now or next week if Gruden is fired does nothing because he will most likely be learning a new offense next year anyway. 

Some of you guys really need to study history Brady, Brees,Mahomes, Rodgers all QBs who didn't start their rookie season and look how they turned out. I would say pretty well. 

Edited by Skins212689

43 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So, if the Dolphins are picking 5th, we’d trade down and take Andrew Thomas, LT, Georgia with that pick.

They would have to give both of those 1st if they wanted to trade with me! They can keep their 2021 1st round pick. Remember they want Tua not us make them pay for who they want! 

44 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

The reason others don't want him to start his development until later on in the season is because "HIS FUTURE" matters more than the season. Also the Future of the team matters more than him starting now and this season.

Once again picking outside of the top 10 is gonna help this team how, oppose to possibly picking #1 or #2 and making a trade to add picks? They have mutiple wholes to fill. 

Also staring him now or next week if Gruden is fired does nothing because he will most likely be learning a new offense next year anyway. 

Some of you guys really need to study history Brady, Brees,Mahomes, Rodgers all QBs who didn't start their rookie season and look how they turned out. I would say pretty well. 

Dude, the future is now! That's the point. There's no reason to wait when the current starter or Colt McCoy aren't taking the team anywhere.

And, Comparing Haskins sitting behind Case Keenum to Brady - as a 6th round rookie - sitting behind a former -#1 overall pick on Drew Bledsoe, Rodgers starting behind Brett Favre - a Hall of Fame QB - Mahomes sitting a year behind Alex Smith - a 10 year starter in the league who was having an MVP type season himself in the beginning of 2017 - or Drew Brees sitting as the last pick of the 1st round doesn't pass the smell test.

It's not an equal comparison when Haskins is sting behind an average journeyman in Case Keenum who won't get us close to the playoffs.

Again, sitting Haskins and not getting him live game action is delaying the inevitable bc no matter when Haskins starts he's going to need that live game action development.

The Giants coaching staff just happens to be smarter than our coaching staff, they realized Eli was taking them nowhere, so they moved on to the rookie, the Redskins need to do the same. And, the faster they do, the better it will be for their future.

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Dude, the future is now! That's the point. There's no reason to wait when the current starter or Colt McCoy aren't taking the team anywhere.

And, Comparing Haskins sitting behind Case Keenum to Brady - as a 6th round rookie - sitting behind a former -#1 overall pick on Drew Bledsoe, Rodgers starting behind Brett Favre - a Hall of Fame QB - Mahomes sitting a year behind Alex Smith - a 10 year starter in the league who was having an MVP type season himself in the beginning of 2017 - or Drew Brees sitting as the last pick of the 1st round doesn't pass the smell test.

It's not an equal comparison when Haskins is sting behind an average journeyman in Case Keenum who won't get us close to the playoffs.

Again, sitting Haskins and not getting him live game action is delaying the inevitable bc no matter when Haskins starts he's going to need that live game action development.

The Giants coaching staff just happens to be smarter than our coaching staff, they realized Eli was taking them nowhere, so they moved on to the rookie, the Redskins need to do the same. And, the faster they do, the better it will be for their future.

The future is now yet their 0-3 and possibly looking to fire Gruden if they loss tommorow? The future is now yet the team has more away fans fill their stadium than home? Fans want Dan, the GM, HC, and Medical Staff wiped clean. Get over yourself! WE ALL KNOW THE FUTURE ISN'T NOW!!! If that's your plan of a future, seems they would stay the losers they have been and currently are! 

Edited by Skins212689

4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

The future is now yet their 0-3 and possibly looking to fire Gruden if they loss tommorow? The future is now yet the team has more away fans fill their stadium than home? Fans want Dan, the GM, HC, and Medical Staff wiped clean. Get over yourself! WE ALL KNOW THE FUTURE ISN'T NOW!!! If that's your plan of a future, seems they would stay the losers they have been and currently are! 

Umm all of that means the future is now to me. Time to move on and play the future, the future is Haskins not an average journeyman.

I already explained that. I don't know how you can be satisfied watching Case Keenum, knowing that your future starting QB - and hopefully franchise QB - is sitting over there on the bench and is mostly only getting scout team snaps in practice. If Haskins is the starter, at least he gets starter snaps in practice and get to game plan for the next team's opponent, which is another thing that will help his development. 

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Umm all of that means the future is now to me. Time to move on and play the future, the future is Haskins not an average journeyman.

I already explained that. I don't know how you can be satisfied watching Case Keenum, knowing that your future starting QB - and hopefully franchise QB - is sitting over there on the bench and is mostly only getting scout team snaps in practice. If Haskins is the starter, at least he gets starter snaps in practice and get to game plan for the next team's opponent, which is another thing that will help his development. 

Because I know have Haskins ready to go once I've secured the top 1-3 picks in the draft.

My plan for the future is starting with having a losing record this year. Getting better and more assets for my Starting QB Haskins next year.

Cool you don't agree but I know what position I would be putting the team in next year and years going forward. 

Edited by Skins212689

9 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Because I know have Haskins ready to go once I've secured the top 1-3 picks in the draft.

My plan for the future is starting with having a losing record this year. Getting better and more assets for my Starting QB Haskins next year.

Cool you don't agree but I know what position I would be putting the team in next year and years going forward. 

I'm confused. Whether Haskins was starting the first 3 games or not, we’d be 0-3.

Do you think Haskins would have us winning any of the first 3 games?

I'm not sure Haskins moves the needle that much if he's starting as far as this season goes. But, him starting and learning this year with an up and down rookie season will definitely help in his development for his and the teams future. That's my point.

I don't think you're understanding my point that the best way for Haskins to develop is to play. And whether that is now, in 3 games or next year, that's still going to need to happen.

The way I see it is it's best to get those first time up and down QB mistakes out of the way this season then to have to wait for it in the future. And, the quicker we get that out of the way, the better it is for Haskins, who is hopefully out future franchise QB.

23 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I'm confused. Whether Haskins was starting the first 3 games or not, we’d be 0-3.

Do you think Haskins would have us winning any of the first 3 games?

I'm not sure Haskins moves the needle that much if he's starting as far as this season goes. But, him starting and learning this year with an up and down rookie season will definitely help in his development for his and the teams future. That's my point.

I don't think you're understanding my point that the best way for Haskins to develop is to play. And whether that is now, in 3 games or next year, that's still going to need to happen.

The way I see it is it's best to get those first time up and down QB mistakes out of the way this season then to have to wait for it in the future. And, the quicker we get that out of the way, the better it is for Haskins, who is hopefully out future franchise QB.

Yes they would've beaten the Eagles. Leaving them behind Miami instead of in front of them or right there with them for the top pick. I want my pick to be above any QB needy team so I can get a ton of picks back for Tua. They aren't making the playoffs or winning a SuperBowl this year. So until that top pick is secured Haskins sits and they ride with Keenum or Colt. I understand you don't agree, but you won't change my opinion on what this season should be about.

I want Gruden, Manusky, and Bruce gone!! 

Haskins will have a fresh start away from the drama next year or again once I get the draft position I'm comfortable with for the "Future" of the team. 

It's your opinion he's not learning much from the sidelines. Yet as others have pointed out, he is getting knowledge about the league and other assets from not playing. Watching film, how to be a Pro, learning from Vets, working on his footwork/technique some to name. 

Edited by Skins212689

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I want all the 1st this year. I honestly think dolphins will have the #1 but in the case they didn’t and we did, it would be a Kings ransom if they want Tua, quite a few teams will be calling to get that #1 spot to get him, dolphins would have to deal if they want him

think about it two of the three 1st round picks they have could very well be in the top 5 (dolphins, Steelers)

say they have the number 3 and 4 picks, honestly I don’t care about the other 1st. That could possibly land us chase young, and jerry Jeudy. As much as Andrew Thomas makes sense, you don’t pass on the best two in the draft that make immediate impact and start 1st day.

if they happened to get that other 1st or give us a 2nd then we grab a LT there.

all in all this is a pipe dream. We all know the dolphins will have the #1 pick this year but one can only dream if we did right!?

Even if we end up with the first pick the Dolphins will still have their choice of Hurts, Herbert, Fromm and Eason. Holding Tua ransom probably wouldn’t work out with so much QB talent in this draft. We’d probably end up just picking Chase Young.