2020 Draft thread

lavar703

11 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I was big on Collin last year. But have kinda soured on him some. As big as he is, he jumps like a guy that weighs 400lbs. So he plays so much smaller than his size indicates. Later rounds Id take the chance like we did with Harmon. But the 3rd sounds a bit early.

Another WR I soured on was Claypool from ND. I liked him last year cause I thought there might be some upside to be found. But think hes leveled off to as good as hes going to be since he didnt look like he improved a bit from the previous year.

I was super impressed with Claypool in his games against UGA and Navy- which I got to watch quite a bit, and detailed at that.  He's gotten rave reviews from the Senior Bowl and likely pushed his stock into the second round, and could go higher after the combine and workout days.  I'd kill for that second round pick right about now.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I was super impressed with Claypool in his games against UGA and Navy- which I got to watch quite a bit, and detailed at that.  He's gotten rave reviews from the Senior Bowl and likely pushed his stock into the second round, and could go higher after the combine and workout days.  I'd kill for that second round pick right about now.  

Hes a great college player. But it seemed to me this is a pretty solid group this year up front. And a lot of those guys jumped up and passed him. While his stock just seemed to level off. I didnt see or hear about a "next step" in his growth like we saw out of LSU Jefferson or Clemsons Higgins while expecting too.

Id be happy to take him 5th or beyond. Maybe 4th like I wanted last year. But I was expecting him to be a top 3-5 WR by staying and that didnt happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Hes a great college player. But it seemed to me this is a pretty solid group this year up front. And a lot of those guys jumped up and passed him. While his stock just seemed to level off. I didnt see or hear about a "next step" in his growth like we saw out of LSU Jefferson or Clemsons Higgins while expecting too.

Id be happy to take him 5th or beyond. Maybe 4th like I wanted last year. But I was expecting him to be a top 3-5 WR by staying and that didnt happen.

Commentators were saying Claypool is faster than you think. I guess we’ll see at the combine, which if he is could raise his draft stock. 

I tell you I’m actually really excited about the options we should have in the third or fourth round at TE this year. We really need some game changing talent. TE has to become a strength on this team for us to succeed with the defense and run first type of team we’ve wanted to be

29 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I tell you I’m actually really excited about the options we should have in the third or fourth round at TE this year. We really need some game changing talent. TE has to become a strength on this team for us to succeed with the defense and run first type of team we’ve wanted to be

Yeah, but I think we need to sign a vet too as the young TE develops. I don't know that any of the TEs in this class are day 1 starters, or at least not good day 1 starters. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, but I think we need to sign a vet too as the young TE develops. I don't know that any of the TEs in this class are day 1 starters, or at least not good day 1 starters. 

Oh I’m all for getting a quality vet that can preform and help show them the ropes. We need quality at that position if we really want to see Haskins grow!!!

• Like 1

I don’t understand the obsession with trading this pick away? Rick Snider suggests dealing it away for Miami’s three first rounders and then draft Thomas, Shenault and Maduibuke also leaving Young to the Giants. This makes no sense to me. We’ve had elite level LT play for nearly 20 years and never won. When was the last time we had an elite pass rusher? Dexter Manley? 

It seems like that would just be a haul of average players. Shenault I’m not too impressed with and why in the world would we take a DT with three 4-3 tackles on the roster? 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t understand the obsession with trading this pick away? Rick Snider suggests dealing it away for Miami’s three first rounders and then draft Thomas, Shenault and Maduibuke also leaving Young to the Giants. This makes no sense to me. We’ve had elite level LT play for nearly 20 years and never won. When was the last time we had an elite pass rusher? Dexter Manley? 

It seems like that would just be a haul of average players. Shenault I’m not too impressed with and why in the world would we take a DT with three 4-3 tackles on the roster? 

People are way too confident in hitting on first round picks chosen outside the top 5-10.  They frame the discussion as Chase Young or 3-4 Day 1 high-impact starters, when over half of first round picks end up as busts, and the rate of busting is higher the lower you pick in the round.    

Would I prefer 3-4 pro-bowlers over 1 DPOY-candidate level player?  Yes.  Is that at all realistic?  No.  It's more likely you get two legit starters and two bench guys and/or complete busts.  Maybe with 1 pro-bowler out of the lot.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It’s also a pipe dream that we’d get their other two first rounders in this draft IMO. I think it’s more likely we’d get #5 - maybe # 18 (maybe only #37) and then their 1st and 2nd next year.

12 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

It was also pointed out the Niners had an elite pass rusher ( Bosa ) who played an elite game -- and his team still lost . 

So all we have to do is draft Pat Mahomes. I guess Snider left that part out though....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

It was also pointed out the Niners had an elite pass rusher ( Bosa ) who played an elite game -- and his team still lost . 

They lost bc their HC made bonehead decisions at the end of the 1st half, in the 4th quarter, Jimmy G choked the game away, Sherman got beat like a drum and their other corner blew a coverage in the 4th quarter allowing the easy 30 yes completion to Hill.

Bosa had a strip sack fumble which would have sealed the game if Kyle Shanahan had actually run the clock out like he should have with the 2nd best running attack in the NFL.

Kyle left the door open for Mahomes, and Mahomes and Damien Williams said ”thank you idiot” and blew right threw it for 21 unanswered points in the 4th quarter.

Edited by turtle28

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

They lost bc their HC made bonehead decisions at the end of the 1st half, in the 4th quarter, Jimmy G choked the game away, Sherman got beat like a drum and their other corner blew a coverage in the 4th quarter allowing the easy 30 yes completion to Hill.

Bosa had a strip sack fumble which would have sealed the game if Kyle Shanahan had actually run the clock out like he should have with the 2nd best running attack in the NFL.

Kyle left the door open for Mahomes, and Mahomes and Damien Williams said ”thank you idiot” and blew right threw it for 21 unanswered points in the 4th quarter.

Yeah they had a few blunders. I think in a game that was back and forth punches throughout, it did come down to coaching. But you give Mahomes that window he is the guy who can take it