2020 Draft thread

lavar703

On 2/2/2020 at 12:37 AM, ARTMONK HOF said:

Commentators were saying Claypool is faster than you think. I guess we’ll see at the combine, which if he is could raise his draft stock. 

Like Collin Johnson, I expect them to run in the 4.5’s which, is great for their size. The question is, are they better than what we have already in Harmon? I think that's questionable. Harmon already showed the ability to compete with NFL starting DBs and produce. 

Harmon had 30 reception in 13 games where he saw action. 

If we were going to draft either of these WRs - Claypool or Collin Johnson - I would hope we'd do with the idea of making them a move TE. They’d have to add 15-20 pounds and I’d never expect them to be great inline blockers, but they could be mismatches in the middle of the field vs LB’s and SS’s like Reed was and so many of the best TEs currently are and were over the years.

There's still the idea some had of moving Can Sims into the Jordan Reed type role, but he too needs to put on at least 20 pounds and I would think if they were thinking of doing that, then they would have already told him to start the process of putting on at least 15 pounds this offseason.

23 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

While I'm sold on Harmon and McLaruin, I'm not as sold on Steven Sims Jr. I need another year of him continuing where he left off this season before so. Adding other guy behind or in front of McLaruin and Harmon I think is the right decision. 

I’m more sold on Steven Sims continuing to be a playmaker then in Harmon being much more then what he currently is. The routes Sims was running the last few games of the year were special. His route running looked equivalent to McLaurin or WRs we used to have like Moss, Crowder and Djax.

He made those breaks and moves fluidly and extremely fast too. He’s going to be special for us in the slot. He's got the potential to really break out next year with 60 plus recs, 650 plus yards & 4 plus TDs.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Interesting.  I'm much more sold on Sims than I am Harmon.  I think Harmon is currently nothing more than a WR4, while I think Sims could be one of the best slot WRs in the league if he improves his drop rate.

I'm definitely more sold on Sims, but I think Harmon will be more than a #4. He's never going to be a burner or get a lot of yac, but he can be the possession receiver we need and I love how he high points the ball and attacks the ball when it's in the air.

34 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I'm definitely more sold on Sims, but I think Harmon will be more than a #4. He's never going to be a burner or get a lot of yac, but he can be the possession receiver we need and I love how he high points the ball and attacks the ball when it's in the air.

To me he’s a poor mans anquan bodkin towards the Later part of his career, but I’m ok with that! 

6 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

It was also pointed out the Niners had an elite pass rusher ( Bosa ) who played an elite game -- and his team still lost . 

What happens when you have 1 mega talented player while spread thin elsewhere.

While the Chiefs have talent spread around. And their elite receiver Hill impacted the game more than anyone else.

So going by the Super Bowl alone. We should trade back and draft Jeudy and the top TE in the first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I was talking about Harmon at his current stage of development. I think he can eventually become a legitimate WR2. 

• Like 1

Young working out with the Bosas this offseason?  B|

“I think he’ll be Defensive Rookie of the Year next year, or even more,” Bosa told reporters in Miami last week before the Super Bowl. “His potential is as good as anybody’s, just with his physical attributes. He’s 6-5, 270, runs like a receiver, strong. We’re gonna have to get together and work, get him right. It’s a little different playing NFL tackles, but once he gets the hang of it, he’s gonna be the real deal.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2020/02/111961/chase-young-jeff-okudah-can-continue-ohio-states-run-of-instant-defensive-stars-in-the-nfl%3famp

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

While the Chiefs have talent spread around. And their elite receiver Hill impacted the game more than anyone else.

So going by the Super Bowl alone. We should trade back and draft Jeudy and the top TE in the first.

I mean, the Chiefs couldn’t get past the first round until they got Mahomes. 

2 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

To me he’s a poor mans anquan bodkin towards the Later part of his career, but I’m ok with that! 

Boldin was a RB playing WR, a better version like Garcon. Harmon is different, he’s an attack the ball in the air guy, not a yac guy like Boldin.

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

The 49ers have talent spread around. They have 5 first round DL, two 1st Round OTs, a 1st round FS, Sherman, Garapolo, Kittle, 3 good RBs, a great FB in Juzchyk, Debo Samuel and Emanuel Sanders. 49ers beat themselves. Kyle quit running the ball w/ a ten point lead. Garapollo missed an open Debo in the flat to throw to Kittle but Chris Jones also made a great play batting the pass down. Garapolo stared down WRs and threw late across the middle like a rookie - which resulted in two ints - and almost another by Fuller. Richard Sherman got smoked by Sammy Watkins and the other corner - Mosely I think - blew his coverage responsibilities in 3 deep allowing the big Tyreke Hill catch. Their LBs & SS blew the coverage on Kelce at the goaline, they but on the playaction 

Edited by turtle28

17 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Interesting.  I'm much more sold on Sims than I am Harmon.  I think Harmon is currently nothing more than a WR4, while I think Sims could be one of the best slot WRs in the league if he improves his drop rate.

I really like Harmon.  He just gets open.