2020 Draft thread

lavar703

15 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I like him too, but do you feel comfortable with him as the penciled in WR2 this upcoming season?

He can play the slot - mismatch against smaller slot corners.  He can get open underneath. Almost like a T E.  Doesn't have that elite outside speed. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I like him too, but do you feel comfortable with him as the penciled in WR2 this upcoming season?

I’m only 100% confident in Terry in our WRs corps, but when you have a young QB, young WRs and young TEs you’re not going to feel comfortable until you see a few seasons of consistent production. The only way to see a few seasons of consistent production is to not overspend on a vet who will take the young players snaps away and play those young players and let them develop together into hopefully a good or great passing game.

47 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

He can play the slot - mismatch against smaller slot corners.  He can get open underneath. Almost like a T E.  Doesn't have that elite outside speed. 

I agree, but I'm not sure I get your point.  We already have a slot WR.  Do you think he should start at slot over Sims?

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I agree, but I'm not sure I get your point.  We already have a slot WR.  Do you think he should start at slot over Sims?

May the best man win . IDK really . Play both, doesn't matter who starts. 

41 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m only 100% confident in Terry in our WRs corps, but when you have a young QB, young WRs and young TEs you’re not going to feel comfortable until you see a few seasons of consistent production. The only way to see a few seasons of consistent production is to not overspend on a vet who will take the young players snaps away and play those young players and let them develop together into hopefully a good or great passing game.

Not lobbying for a vet.  Lobbying for a #2 WR in this incredibly WR-rich draft.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Which is why I want to get a true #2 in the draft.

I'd say draft another WR at some point to compete with Steve Sims, Harmon and Cam Sims to be the #2 WR. 

There are a lot of mid-round WRs & even late would guys i’d like to add for depth and competition.