Jump to content
lavar703

2020 Draft thread

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I think we need to try to find a way, to aquire a 2nd round draft choice.

I think that's one of the biggest reasons for the trade down thoughts & theories. 

Whether it requires trading Trent Williams or Ryan Kerrigan to make that happen? Who knows?

But netting a 2nd, might eliminate anyone thinking we need to trade down.

I know this....

I would rather trade our 32 year old dope smokin pro Bowl LT who doesn't want to play anymore, or our 30+ OLB who will need to move to DE in a very crowded room including the player we are targeting #2 overall for...

And stay at #2 and draft the next pass rushing HOFer to be in Chase Young....

Than to.........

Keep Trent & Kerrigan & watch them leave anyways or retire within couple years...

Not take the pass rushing HOFer, as he mauls us for a decade for the N.Y. Giants & surpasses Lawrence Taylor for greatest Giant.

Watch us trade down in the 1st for OT Tristan Wirfs who struggles to beat out Geron Christian in camp.

Nope...not me....

Trade Trent or Ryan (preferably Trent)

Get a 2nd Rd pick

Draft Chase Young

I’d trade Kerrigan before Trent - if Trent wants/will to return. Kerrigan will be replaced by Young & Sweat on our roster, he ”SHOULD” be a back up if he's on the team next year bc they should start Jon Allen at LDE for run defense on 1st downs. Then, they can bring in Kerrigan on passing downs. If we draft Chase Young though, that makes Kerrigan expendable even more bc then, Sweat would be a back up/mostly only play on passing downs - which is like 60% of the time.

We don't have a replacement for Trent - and won't find it w/o passing on Chase Young for Andrew Thomas, which is stupid - and we won't find a replacement for Trent on his level at least. That was proven last year as Penn was serviceable but not above average as a LT while Trent is a pro bowl player.

I still think that Baltimore would want Kerrigan to play opposite Matthew Judon - who they should re-sign. I know Baltimore fans though - unlike most Redskins fans - they're going to be disappointed in Kerrigan's shaky run D. My friends who are Baltimore fans were so mad at them for not keeping LaDarius Smith or Suggs last year bc the players they kept & tried to develop - outside of Judon - couldn't set a good edge in the run game.

When do you ever hear a Redskins fan say that about Kerrigan except occasionally me?

They should trade Kerrigan, but I don't think will.

And yeah, sure we need a 2nd, but we need 5 more 1st too... But here's the thing, realistically we’re not going to get that or a 2nd unless we are trading Trent bc he won't play for the Redskins. I don't think a 32 year old Kerrigan nets us back a 2nd round pick, maybe a 3rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boy, sure is a lot of talk that Trent doesn't want to play anymore. I must have missed that source. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my dream. Cake and eat it too ! Lions trade Stafford for a nice haul then throw us a second to move up one spot to be sure they get Tua . We get C Y  and a second ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Here's my dream. Cake and eat it too ! Lions trade Stafford for a nice haul then throw us a second to move up one spot to be sure they get Tua . We get C Y  and a second ! 

That would be cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking back -The Bears gave up a 3rd, 4th and the next years 3rd to move one spot to draft Trubisky. Pretty good haul. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Looking back -The Bears gave up a 3rd, 4th and the next years 3rd to move one spot to draft Trubisky. Pretty good haul. 

Not good enough IMO for Chase Young.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Not good enough IMO for Chase Young.

You didn't read that closely . We drop down ONE to the Lions , they take Tua and we draft C Y. All assuming the Lions trade Stafford. Just  a wish scenario !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

You didn't read that closely . We drop down ONE to the Lions , they take Tua and we draft C Y. All assuming the Lions trade Stafford. Just  a wish scenario !

Ok, yeah, I don't trust any front office to actually do what they say on the phone.

What's to keep them from saying they want to trade up for Tua - which they don't have to do bc they have the next pick after us - and then when the pick comes in, they take Chase Young!

Then, we look like a bunch of idiots!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Ok, yeah, I don't trust any front office to actually do what they say on the phone.

What's to keep them from saying they want to trade up for Tua - which they don't have to do bc they have the next pick after us - and then when the pick comes in, they take Chase Young!

Then, we look like a bunch of idiots!

Possible , but if they actually did trade Stafford - would create the need at Q B .

Surely the NFL works on Gentlemen agreements !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Possible , but if they actually did trade Stafford - would create the need at Q B .

Surely the NFL works on Gentlemen agreements !

Yeah but they can get a QB at 3, there’s no need for them to trade up and give up 3 or 4 mid round picks to get Tua or Herbert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah but they can get a QB at 3, there’s no need for them to trade up and give up 3 or 4 mid round picks to get Tua or Herbert.

Then why did the Bears d do it ? Obviously, Tua may be a hot pick at #2--Lots of teams may want to move up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Then why did the Bears d do it ? Obviously, Tua may be a hot pick at #2--Lots of teams may want to move up. 

Because their GM is dumb? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Then why did the Bears d do it ? Obviously, Tua may be a hot pick at #2--Lots of teams may want to move up. 

The bears were afraid team's would jump them to get Suckbisky! We aren't taking a QB.

Edited by turtle28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Possible , but if they actually did trade Stafford - would create the need at Q B .

Surely the NFL works on Gentlemen agreements !

I like this like you say IF they trade Stafford. Skins get back a 2nd round high pick and Young. You don't know who will be there at #35 to take or other teams will want to trade up for.

Tua was Joe Burrow the last 2 drafts had he come out earlier. If not for his injury he Would be teams #1 QB this year as well. So I could definitely see a QB needing team wanting to move up for Tua if he is cleared to return to football activities by the draft. If the Lions want to move on from Stafford, Tua seems to be a Good Prospect to fill that void. 

Edited by Skins212689

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I like this like you say IF they trade Stafford. Skins get back a 2nd round high pick and Young. You don't know who will be there at #35 to take or other teams will want to trade up for.

Tua was Joe Burrow the last 2 drafts had he come out earlier. If not for his injury he Would be teams #1 QB this year as well. So I could definitely see a QB needing team wanting to move up for Tua if he is cleared to return to football activities by the draft. If the Lions want to move on from Stafford, Tua seems to be a Good Prospect to fill that void. 

If Lions want Tua they know they’ll get him at 3. Why would the Redskins pass up a much more lucrative offer from the Dolphins or the Chargers to take a trade from the Lions? I understand they’d still get Chase Young but what if the Lions say they’re taking Tua and then take Young lol. I mean, there’s no way to prevent that from happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×