2020 Draft thread

lavar703

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

If Lions want Tua they know they’ll get him at 3. Why would the Redskins pass up a much more lucrative offer from the Dolphins or the Chargers to take a trade from the Lions? I understand they’d still get Chase Young but what if the Lions say they’re taking Tua and then take Young lol. I mean, there’s no way to prevent that from happening. 

This is about the Lions securing Tua. They call the Skins wanting to make sure we don't do a deal with Miami or any other QB needy team wanting Tua. If the Bears can move up 1 spot for Tribusky, why wouldn't a team do the same for a even better Tua? 

Edited by Skins212689
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

This is about the Lions securing Tua. They call the Skins wanting to make sure we don't do a deal with Miami or any other QB needy team wanting Tua. If the Bears can move up 1 spot for Tribusky, why wouldn't a team do the same for a even better Tua? 

Oh my God ! Someone understands . I was beginning to think this entire community was made up of 2 X 4's . :D

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Exactly. Were going to get MAD offers from different teams because were in that 2 spot with QBs and Chase on the line. Lions could likely make a decent offer to make sure Chase is more attractive to us than ever thought possible. And ensure 3-no1s wont even begin to temp us to move.

34 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Exactly. Were going to get MAD offers from different teams because were in that 2 spot with QBs and Chase on the line. Lions could likely make a decent offer to make sure Chase is more attractive to us than ever thought possible. And ensure 3-no1s wont even begin to temp us to move.

And then Patricia takes Chase Young and we’re taking a lesser prospect. No thanks. 

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

And then Patricia takes Chase Young and we’re taking a lesser prospect. No thanks. 

Your really saying there's no chance in the world the Lions wouldn't want to move up to secure Tua if they wanted to move on from Stafford? 

Edited by Skins212689

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Mad offers will come especially if Tua health is cleared to be on the upside in the future at the Draft. If the Lion's were to truly want Tua I'd gladly take pick #35 to let them do that while still getting Young at #3. Tua is a QB plus a better prospect than Tribusky so I'd want a 2nd round pick instead of a 3rd from the Lions. Getting a 1st round talent at #35 or moving down again gives us flexibility. This deal would make sense for both teams.

Edited by Skins212689

6 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Your really saying there's no chance in the world the Lions wouldn't want to move up to secure Tua if they wanted to move on from Stafford? 

Again, they don’t need to trade up to get Tua. They have the 3rd pick. They can keep their 3rd, 4th and whatever else we would get and still get Tua or Okudah who I think they take anyways.

You all are only thinking this as it favors the Redskins and in a perfect world where the Lions would trade up 1 spot to us, like they are going to take a QB and then take Chase Young from us.

They have absolutely Zero reason to trade up. This is delusional fans scheming up a way to get some more picks. It’s a pipe dream, or isn’t happening.

Edited by turtle28

32 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Again, they don’t need to trade up to get Tua. They have the 3rd pick. They can keep their 3rd, 4th and whatever else we would get and still get Tua or Okudah who I think they take anyways.

They will want to get in and combat other offers we will be getting. Lions have no clue if we were to accept one. If they want to ensure Tua is theirs and we dont make a move without them. Theyd make an offer.

And they wouldnt "Just take Young" if you know how to work a trade. Take 2 seconds to send an agreement.

I dont see how you arnt grasping that from the Lions perspective. Lions know we might be getting multiple 1st round pick offers. Maybe some player offers in with it or such. And they should sit back and risk someone jumping them?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

They will want to get in and combat other offers we will be getting. Lions have no clue if we were to accept one. If they want to ensure Tua is theirs and we dont make a move without them. Theyd make an offer.

And they wouldnt "Just take Young" if you know how to work a trade. Take 2 seconds to send an agreement.

I dont see how you arnt grasping that from the Lions perspective. Lions know we might be getting multiple 1st round pick offers. Maybe some player offers in with it or such. And they should sit back and risk someone jumping them?

I guess I can see that, but again, I’m not trusting another franchise to not take “MY GUY,” if I’m the Redskins. And, if “My GUY” is Chase Young - and I think it will be with Rivera & DelRio’s influence on this team now, they won’t take that chance. They’ll take “THEIR GUY.”

This isn’t like the 2016 trade down when we did so bc the Texans said they wanted Fuller and Doctson was our guy. This is a much better prospect and the stakes are much, much higher. I still can’t believe we took Doctson over others in that draft, ugh! Jay was right, Michael Thomas should’ve been the pick, and at worst we should’ve taken who I wanted to take Kenny Clark or Jarran Reed and made our DL stronger in 2016. 

Both Rivera and DelRio coached defenses & were head coaches on teams that made deep playoff runs when they had good to elite pass rushers. They know the importance of it. We all know football in here, but what they know blows our knowledge out of the water. We’ve all preached in this forum for the decade and a half plus I’ve been here that having an elite pass rush is more important than having an elite secondary - although if you have one or the other it’s still great - so, I don’t know why anyone would put in jeopardy getting Chase Young at all. I just honestly can’t fathom it. I don’t think the Redskins will trade down, not even one spot bc they won’t Trust fat boy Patricia - who looks untrustworthy on the surface and he coached under Belicheat- to take Tua over Chase Young.

If I’m the Redskins, I’m not putting that selection in jeopardy. I’ve said since October when @lavar703 convinced me that Chase should be the pick that if we get a high enough pick, I’m taking Chase Young and no one else. I’m not trading down and While I’d do my due diligence on other prospects of course, when they put the Redskins on the clock I’m running that card up there faster then Vinny did for Orakpo in 2009! 

Edited by turtle28

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

You all are only thinking this as it favors the Redskins and in a perfect world where the Lions would trade up 1 spot to us, like they are going to take a QB and then take Chase Young from us.

They have absolutely Zero reason to trade up. This is delusional fans scheming up a way to get some more picks. It’s a pipe dream, or isn’t happening.

I honestly think if anyone is going to trade down it will be the lions.  They are in a good spot for the #2 qb to be on the board and who knows what their future plans are, maybe they give stafford another year and try to develop Blough or trade down and go for herbert later. 

The chargers for instance might trade up for Tua.  

51 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

bbdcc3f5e701fc888361e3926e747e04.jpg&f=1

Predator-1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Can we discuss who we are taking with our Third Round Pick? :)

Our 3rd and our 2- 4th rd picks

POSSIBLE 3rd/4th round Selections

3rd- Antione Winfield FS/MINN

Antonio Gandy-Golden WR/LIBERTY

KJ Hill WR/OSU

Van Jefferson WR/FL

Jaylon Johnson CB/UTAH

Yasir Durant OT/MISSOURI

Isaiah Wilson OT/GEORGIA

Hakeem Adeniji OG/KANSAS

Jonah Jackson OG/OSU

4th Round

Alex Trautman TE/DAYTON

Akeem Davis-Gaither LB/App St

Collin Johnson WR/TEXAS

Kyle Dugger S/Lenoir-Rhyne

JR Reed S/GEORGIA

Chase Claypool WR/ND

Thadeus Moss TE/LSU

Damien Lewis OG/LSU

Ben Bartch OG/St Johns      

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, turtle28 said:

They would have to trade up for Tua if Miami wanted the #2 pick. Miami could work out a deal with the Skins and jump ahead of them for Tua. 

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Our 3rd and our 2- 4th rd picks

POSSIBLE 3rd/4th round Selections

3rd- Antione Winfield FS/MINN

Antonio Gandy-Golden WR/LIBERTY

KJ Hill WR/OSU

Van Jefferson WR/FL

Jaylon Johnson CB/UTAH

Yasir Durant OT/MISSOURI

Isaiah Wilson OT/GEORGIA

Hakeem Adeniji OG/KANSAS

Jonah Jackson OG/OSU

4th Round

Alex Trautman TE/DAYTON

Akeem Davis-Gaither LB/App St

Collin Johnson WR/TEXAS

Kyle Dugger S/Lenoir-Rhyne

JR Reed S/GEORGIA

Chase Claypool WR/ND

Thadeus Moss TE/LSU

Damien Lewis OG/LSU

Ben Bartch OG/St Johns      

I’d rather have Brycen Hopkins then Thaddeus Moss. I have no idea how Moss has even climbed this far? Dude basically looks like an undrafted free agent who’ll make it because of his dad.