2020 Draft thread

lavar703

11 hours ago, Forge said:

Not sure if this was posted in here. Not sure if the dude is reliable but there you go

The dude is just throwing everything at the wall looking at his twitter link lol. But I would expect us to trade down. This team is allergic to drafting elite level prospects. We’d trade down to 5 and take Tristin Wirfs or something and then pick scrubs with the other picks. 

• Like 2

Just to make this clear. We’re not even at the combine!!! Why would Miami right now trade up for Tua before a medical recheck that one could be flagged and two be worse off then initial reports. We have no idea where his hip is at. These type of talks start at the combine. I seriously doubt this is a real report. And if it is the Redskins are selling themselves short. They could have 4 teams bidding at the combine when Tua gets rave reviews on his medical. So this sounds like something Bruce would do!!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Just to make this clear. We’re not even at the combine!!! Why would Miami right now trade up for Tua before a medical recheck that one could be flagged and two be worse off then initial reports. We have no idea where his hip is at. These type of talks start at the combine. I seriously doubt this is a real report. And if it is the Redskins are selling themselves short. They could have 4 teams bidding at the combine when Tua gets rave reviews on his medical. So this sounds like something Bruce would do!!!

I still think Tua goes to the Dolphins at 5. I think the first four picks are set with Burrow, Young, Okudah and Simmons. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I still think Tua goes to the Dolphins at 5. I think the first four picks are set with Burrow, Young, Okudah and Simmons. 

I can see that. I could also see NY going Wirfs. I think he’s the best OL in the class. And Gettleman could very much make that pick. I know it’s not popular but he doesn’t care. He wants to protect his QB

15 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:
Chase Young Prospect Grade - 7.40 (Perennial All-Pro)
By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
NFL Comparison
Julius Peppers

Overview
Elite size, length and athleticism created loads of production and a vaulted pro projection, but Young's set of disruptive properties have yet to be fully weaponized. He's fairly basic as a pass rusher, with just a couple of go-to moves and an occasional inside counter, and yet he still managed 16.5 sacks in 2019. He has the traits to overwhelm many of the tackles he faces, and it won't take long for teams to add a bull-rush, a rip-and-run and a stab counter into his repertoire. He plays a little upright at the point of attack, and his ball awareness is below average, but those concerns aren't enough to counterbalance his range and agility as a run defender. Young possesses superior traits and the ability to wreck and alter offensive game-plans as a perennial All-Pro.
Strengths
  • Rare physical specimen with long, chiseled, pliable frame
  • Staggering leaps in high-impact production over consecutive seasons
  • Loose, fluid, agile, aggressive and explosive
  • Rush pace quickened substantially from 2018
  • Quick-twitch eruption out of his stance with first step
  • Provides early response to dislodge and clear the punch
  • Momentum/balance gives his rush extended life
  • Turns torso and flips hips to climb around tackles
  • Consistently targets QB's throwing arm when attacking the pocket
  • Power and size to play through blocker's edge
  • Operates with quick hands and rarely allows them to linger
  • Speed and length create expansive play-making radius
  • Low success rate for teams trying to run around him
  • Once he sinks his hooks in, it's over for the ball-carrier
  • Long, lateral slide for sudden step-around as edge defender
  • Heat-seeking missile with exceptional change-of-direction talent
Weaknesses
  • Non-factor in the playoff loss to Clemson
  • Field awareness and anticipation is below average
  • Loses track of the football at the mesh point
  • Gives some ground when setting the edge
  • Could use better anchor drop in his lower half
  • Rush plan heavily reliant upon athletic ability and traits
  • Initial hands lack purpose and skill in pass rush
  • Not very instinctive as a pass rusher
  • Needs to create more half-man entry points as a rusher
  • Telegraphs inside slide step counter
  • Will need better go-to moves to become less predictable as a pro
Edited by Doc Draper

What I'm hoping happens?

We stay at #2 & take Young.

We manage to trade Trent Williams for a 1st Rd pick still....

Probably not to the browns for #10.

But maybe to a playoff team picking in the 20-32 range. IE Patriots, Vikings, etc.

Taking that LOW 1st rounder....

Trading back even later in the draft & still picking up a day 2 pick.

For example...

Let's say we traded Trent Williams to the Dolphins for their #26 pick in the 1st round?

They're not going to draft a Tackle there, better than Williams. Correct? 

We take that #26 & trade it to the Falcons who just picked @#16. But they see a player they must get @#26.

The Falcons offer their #15 & #23 pick in the 2nd Rd, for our #26 pick in the first round.

All of a sudden, our draft board looks like this....

#2 overall (1st rd)=DE Chase Young

#15 (2nd rd)=

#23 2nd rd)=

All of a sudden...OT Austin Jackson (USC) is available at #15 in the 2nd Rd. BAM! Trent's replacement...

Oh gosh...who's that available at #23 in the 2nd Rd?  FS/SS Antoine Winfield Jr. From Minnesota?

Monte Nicholson's possible replacement?

All of a sudden....our draft looks like this.

#15 (2nd rd)=OT Austin Jackson

#23 (2nd rd)=FS Antoine Winfield jr.

#2 (3rd rd)=

Oh...who's that sitting on the board in the 3rd Rd @#2 pick? Malik Harrison, ILB/OLB from Ohio St?

Who's that sitting on the board at #2 in the 4th Rd? Lloyd Cushenberry III, C/OG from LSU?

So we pick again in the 4th Rd...at #38. Time for WR flyer here? Ok...How about Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR from Liberty?

All of a sudden, our draft looks like this ..

#15 (2nd rd)=OT Austin Jackson

#23 (2nd rd)=FS Antoine Winfield jr.

#2 (3rd rd)=ILB Malik Harrison

#2 (4th rd)=C/OG Lloyd Cushenberry III

#38 (4th rd)=WR Antonio Gandy-Golden

Anyways...I'll stop there...

That's what our draft could look like, by just picking up a late 1st for Trent Williams.

And NOT trading away our #2 overall 1st Rd pick & still taking Chase Young.

The question is...what is Trent Williams worth right now?

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We got a top 10 talent last year by trading up, I have no issues with trading up and getting Montez Sweat.

Yes!

Dexter Manley had 6 sacks his rookie yr in 1981, which were not recorded at that time. Otherwise he would have 103.5 for his career.

Montez Sweat had 7.

I'm very happy, we traded up for him. 😎🏈

Now we go to a 4-3 (when Manley was DE for us in scheme)

I expect Sweat to hit dbl digits next yr.

If we draft Young, we will have the best front 4 in football.

Niners can only dream it's 1/2 as good as what we will produce.

We will be that awesome up front.

Thrown in Del Rio over Manusky?

Well, it will be obvious.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Top 10 Talent based on what? According to who?...

He was the number 3 pass rusher too Bosa and Allen. Both of those were top 5 talents. Sweat just isn’t as refined in his technique. But he was very much a top talent that fell too 25 so the value was there. The vision Is there with that player. He will go back to his natural hand in the dirt rushing the passer position. Also he played 60 some percent of our snaps. So it’s not like with more playing time and better coaching he can’t come close to almost doubling that. I think he is very capable of close to 12 this year. But who knows I just don’t think we can even say this was a bad move he showed moments and the talent is there. I’m not gonna lynch him for not putting up monster numbers in Manusky’s defense

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I can see that. I could also see NY going Wirfs. I think he’s the best OL in the class. And Gettleman could very much make that pick. I know it’s not popular but he doesn’t care. He wants to protect his QB

Do you think Wirfs is going to play LT in the NFL after playing RT in college? I’m concerned about that with him. I think he’s a RT or guard and me personally, I wouldn’t take a guard in the top 10 of the draft.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, taylor made said:

Top 10 Talent based on what? According to who?...

Is this a serious question?

The only reason Sweat didn’t go top 10 was medical about his heart. He was productive in college and had the best physical size and athleticism of any of the DEs in the 2019 draft. Before his heart issue was discovered scouts thought that the Raiders would take him but they took Clelin Ferrell instead and Swear fell bc of his heart issue.

Edited by turtle28

42 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Do you think Wirfs is going to play LT in the NFL after playing RT in college? I’m concerned about that with him. I think he’s a RT or guard and me personally, I wouldn’t take a guard in the top 10 of the draft.

I don’t but I think as a RThe projects as a higher rated player then the rest of the guys who I think will play LT. If he plays Guard he is a all pro lock for me there