2020 Draft thread

lavar703

51 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Is this a serious question?

The only reason Sweat didn’t go top 10 was medical about his heart. He was productive in college and had the best physical size and athleticism of any of the DEs in the 2019 draft. Before his heart issue was discovered scouts thought that the Raiders would take him but they took Clelin Ferrell instead and Swear fell bc of his heart issue.

So it is according to you......okay, got it. Fact is, Sweat was ranked outside the top 10 by most of the draft community more often than not. Before and after the combine.

12 minutes ago, taylor made said:

So it is according to you......okay, got it. Fact is, Sweat was ranked outside the top 10 by most of the draft community more often than not. Before and after the combine.

Because of his heart condition not bc they didn’t think he was a top 10 prospect. It was Clenin Ferrell who was usually a mid 1st round pick, Sweat was a higher ranked prospect then both Ferrell and Burns. 

People were shocked when Gruden & Mayock took him #4 overall. Sweat had 12 more tackles and 3.5 more sacks then Ferrell did as a rookie.

15 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Anyone interested in trying to work a 3 team trade?

redskins receive pick #3 #18

Lions receive pick #5 and Miami’s 2nd

Miami receives pick #2

Cincy Burrow

Miami Tua

Skins Young

Giants Simmons 

Detroit Okudah

Any trade the Redskins still get to draft Young plus get a extra 1st or 2nd round pick, I'm down for! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

I feel like if we throw ryan Kerrigan into that mix going to Detroit that it could happen, I mean think about it. Detroit’s been rumored to be targeting Dline and Secondary, everyone knows they would pick young in a heartbeat. They know they won’t get him if we take him so instead of just getting Okudah at #3 or just pick 18 or just getting a 2nd round pick to move back

they would essentially get Okudah, Kerrigan, and a 2nd in the trade. I think Patricia would take Okudah, Kerrigan, and a 2nd in a Heartbeat to move back two spots

I will say this, if you trade with Detroit don't do it unless their going after a QB. I'd pass on a trade if Detroit is thinking Defensive player. 

Is Washington and Detroit sure the Giants won't take Okudah to pair with last year's 1st round pick Deandre Baker? 

Does Washington taking Young make the Giants go OLine? 

Edited by Skins212689

28 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I will say this, if you trade with Detroit don't do it unless their going after a QB. I'd pass on a trade if Detroit is thinking Defensive player. 

Is Washington and Detroit sure the Giants won't take Okudah to pair with last year's 1st round pick Deandre Baker? 

Does Washington taking Young make the Giants go OLine? 

It very will could. I think the Giants should take Andrew Thomas or Isaiah Simmons. Position importance goes to Thomas to protect DJones.

On 2/8/2020 at 4:01 PM, taylor made said:

Redskins have made off like bandits as far as Allen and Sweat go.  Before the rumors about Allen's arthritis in his shoulders, he was a top 3 pick with a chance at being #1 overall.  We got him at 17 overall.  Some teams took Sweat off their draft boards entirely because of the heart condition, and if I recall correctly, a lot of that was corrected near the end of the off-season before the draft, but a lot of teams had failed to pay attention to his combine stuff as well as schedule pro-day and private workout visits.  But he absolutely was heading into the draft as a top 10-15 overall prospect.   

Here is a great article on what happened- http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001028129/article/montez-sweat-falls-to-redskins-after-misdiagnosis

On the flip side, look at the concerns around Reuben Foster and his shoulder.  Looking at his second year game tape before being suspended, and he was playing with one arm for half the season and unable to tackle.  Sometimes you get lucky with those injuries, and sometimes you don't.  In the Sweat case, it looks like it was a massive misdiagnosis, and I wonder if he hadn't found out until after the draft and falling drastically if he could take legal action against the NFL for it.  

• Like 1

Im intrigued how  a trade up to #2 from the Falcons would sit with washington fans.    Say we offered  #16  both 2nd's this year   1st round pick next year and 2nd round pick next year.  

Would that be enough to make washington fans happy or do you think it would take more to get it done and would be you happy or mad they did take a offer to move down. 

1 hour ago, FalconFan13 said:

Im intrigued how  a trade up to #2 from the Falcons would sit with washington fans.    Say we offered  #16  both 2nd's this year   1st round pick next year and 2nd round pick next year.  

Would that be enough to make washington fans happy or do you think it would take more to get it done and would be you happy or mad they did take a offer to move down. 

That is fair compensation, but the Chase Young addiction is strong.

@FalconFan13 there is nothing you could offer or any other team could offer Before the draft to get the pick. We are locked in on the Predator. And we are just debating if 1. Is he better than LT? How much better is he over Dr Pepper, 3. Will the nfl change the rules to elect him to the HOF before he is drafted. 

Now saying that- if the bengals do the unthinkable and pick Chase at 1- we are wide open for business with the bidding starting at 3 number 1’s and a number 2- as we paid that for our HOF qb prospect a few years ago. 

3 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

@FalconFan13 there is nothing you could offer or any other team could offer Before the draft to get the pick. We are locked in on the Predator. And we are just debating if 1. Is he better than LT? How much better is he over Dr Pepper, 3. Will the nfl change the rules to elect him to the HOF before he is drafted. 

Now saying that- if the bengals do the unthinkable and pick Chase at 1- we are wide open for business with the bidding starting at 3 number 1’s and a number 2- as we paid that for our HOF qb prospect a few years ago. 

lol if young went #1 then their would be no one left the Falcons would have any reason to move up for that high :)   Also im not even sure i would want to move up that high for Young although i do like him quite a bit.  I was just testing the waters on compensation it would take to make moves like that for other teams fans to be happy or thinks fair.

Although i guess i could do a young for a young trade  Best i can do you is 2 1sts those 3 2nd's and a Trae Young for the Wizards  xD   But honestly i think the trade im more interested in is if Simmons falls to around 7 or 8 and moving up for him as i like him about as much as i like Chase Young in this draft. 

And he isn't anywhere near as good as DR.Pepper thats the greatest drink of all time not even debatable.

Edited by FalconFan13
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, offbyone said:

That is fair compensation, but the Chase Young addiction is strong.

We’ve been picking in the middle of the first round for years. While I think the compensation is fair it would still be silly for us to trade down with a team that’s usually pretty good and risk these picks being late in both rounds. It’s just too far of a drop for a team that’s needs top-notch talent. 

As an example, I’d be pissed if we traded down with Miami but I can live with that considering Okudah or Simmons would be available to us. I can’t live with trading down away from all the elite talent on the board just to add the same type of player we’ve been adding for the last 5+ years. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

The issue is, if we move on from #2, the Skins are DESPERATE for an absolute stud. Very tough to get one at #16 compared to #3 or #5 or something. It's a haul though you're offering. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

its just too far for us to move down tbh, if we moved down that far it would take this years, next years fist, and the year after that, plus yalls second this year. thats how much this team wants young and i honestly still think I wouldnt do that. It will take an RG3 like trade......

I mean even if the dolphins wanted to move up 2 spots I want all their 1st and a 2nd, Just shows you how much this fanbase wants young, we havent had a difference maker like him since Sean Taylor

• Like 2