2020 Draft thread

lavar703

10 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Read a rumor -supposedly legit . Lions might try to get #1 to draft C Y . Man, wouldn't that blow up the process.

But why would they do that? I thought they wanted to trade up to #2 and take Tua?? ... JK, really not thought. It is the silly season. People just put crap out there to get attention drawn to their websites, blogs etc.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Read a rumor -supposedly legit . Lions might try to get #1 to draft C Y . Man, wouldn't that blow up the process.

They do that and we'd get a RG3 type deal from Dolphins or Chargers to get ahead of Bengals to get Burrow,so wouldn't be end of world.

I Just don't see it from Lions side would guess it be 2 or 3 1st in the trade to give up that draft capital after just giving a DE 90 Mil in free agents,meanwhile your QB is coming off a broken back would just seem odd to me.

Personally if I'm the Lions GM I sit at 3 til draft day and see what happens at if We take Young,the Lions should trade the pick and do it best to have a 1st next year included in the deal to trade back sp they'd have extra ammo for Lawerance Fields who another qb that breaks out,or if we trade out Chase Young falls into their lap and they don't have to give up anything.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Honestly, doesn't sound too legit at all because it doesn't make sense. Easier to hope Redskins trade out and Young falls to you.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

its just too far for us to move down tbh, if we moved down that far it would take this years, next years fist, and the year after that, plus yalls second this year. thats how much this team wants young and i honestly still think I wouldnt do that. It will take an RG3 like trade......

I mean even if the dolphins wanted to move up 2 spots I want all their 1st and a 2nd, Just shows you how much this fanbase wants young, we havent had a difference maker like him since Sean Taylor

Lets use that example.  Miami has #5, #18, #26 and the second rounder you are driving that hard bargain for is #39

2019 draft would have got us:

Devin White
Garrett Bradbury
Montez Sweat
Sean Murphy-Bunting 

2018 would have been:

Bradley Chubb 
Jaire Alexander 
Calvin Ridley 
James Daniels 

2017 would have been:

Corey Davis
Adoree Jackson
Takkarist McKinley
Marcus Maye

2016:

Jalen Ramsey
Ryan Kelly
Paxton Lynch
Noah Spence

2015:

Brandon Scherff
Marcus Peters
Breshad Perriman
Eddie Goldman

A lot to like there...

7 hours ago, offbyone said:

Lets use that example.  Miami has #5, #18, #26 and the second rounder you are driving that hard bargain for is #39

Devin White
Garrett Bradbury
Montez Sweat
Sean Murphy-Bunting 

2018 would have been:

Bradley Chubb 
Jaire Alexander 
Calvin Ridley 
James Daniels 

2017 would have been:

Corey Davis
Adoree Jackson
Takkarist McKinley
Marcus Maye

2016:

Jalen Ramsey
Ryan Kelly
Paxton Lynch
Noah Spence

2015:

Brandon Scherff
Marcus Peters
Breshad Perriman
Eddie Goldman

A lot to like there...

when you put it that way it does look pretty enticing! good write up! now with this whole BS dunbar is starting it makes corner even more important than it already was...... a trade down if we could get a haul like that would probably be the smart idea, but passing on young would be dumb as well, kinda damned if you do, damned if you dont kinda thing

7 hours ago, offbyone said:

Devin White
Garrett Bradbury
Montez Sweat
Sean Murphy-Bunting 

2018 would have been:

Bradley Chubb 
Jaire Alexander 
Calvin Ridley 
James Daniels 

2017 would have been:

Corey Davis
Adoree Jackson
Takkarist McKinley
Marcus Maye

2016:

Jalen Ramsey
Ryan Kelly
Paxton Lynch
Noah Spence

2015:

Brandon Scherff
Marcus Peters
Breshad Perriman
Eddie Goldman

A lot to like there...

Which one? 19 might be solid, but otherwise it's two solid players per class more or less.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, offbyone said:

Devin White
Garrett Bradbury
Montez Sweat
Sean Murphy-Bunting 

2018 would have been:

Bradley Chubb 
Jaire Alexander 
Calvin Ridley 
James Daniels 

2017 would have been:

Corey Davis
Adoree Jackson
Takkarist McKinley
Marcus Maye

2016:

Jalen Ramsey
Ryan Kelly
Paxton Lynch
Noah Spence

2015:

Brandon Scherff
Marcus Peters
Breshad Perriman
Eddie Goldman

A lot to like there...

So out of 5 draft classes, there’s two elite players? 

And my god, Miami is not giving us three first round picks and a second to move up to two. We would be lucky to get 5 and 26 and maybe a fourth. I just don’t think the league is as excited about Tua as the draftniks are. 

Edited by lavar703
  • Like 2

@lavar703It’s getting to the point where I can’t even talk about the draft anymore. All people want to talk about is unrealistic scenarios of trading down while passing on the best prospect in the draft.

I told the hogshaven guy that I was going to unfollow him bc he keeps coming up with these stupid ideas on getting picks for the Chase Young pick but then says in his next thought that he would take Chase bc he’s the best player. He's all over the damn map! It's annoying to even see it. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Love it! My thinking:

1. Clickbait?

2. Bold move by Cinn as I think Tua is a better prospect than Burrows. 

3. Detroit- if they think Chase is LT 2.0, sure you do it. 

4. chances of happening? .00000000000000001% but it worked for item 1. 

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

@lavar703It’s getting to the point where I can’t even talk about the draft anymore. All people want to talk about is unrealistic scenarios of trading down while passing on the best prospect in the draft.

I told the hogshaven guy that I was going to unfollow him bc he keeps coming up with these stupid ideas on getting picks for the Chase Young pick but then says in his next thought that he would take Chase bc he’s the best player. He's all over the damn map! It's annoying to even see it. 

Historically, the perceived best prospect in the draft is rarely really worth what people gauge him at.  Or maybe he has the potential but never fulfills it for various circumstances, such as an injury.

It also depends how you evaluate our roster.  Many people still think our roster is a long ways out( I am not one of those people), in that case, a bunch of picks makes more sense.  But perfect example is the giants.  Barkley is super elite offensive talent, but they just wasted major tread on his tires and contract years and in a year the contract talks will likely start.   

All I am saying is we should be open minded to trade down options, it is a numbers game in the end.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

And my god, Miami is not giving us three first round picks and a second to move up to two. We would be lucky to get 5 and 26 and maybe a fourth. I just don’t think the league is as excited about Tua as the draftniks are. 

This is really the key. 

People are thinking “3 firsts” and equating it to the RGIII trade. But that trade involved future 1sts, which are not nearly as valuable as the current 1sts that Miami has. 

We gave them the #6 pick in 2012, our 1sts in 2013 and 2014, and our 2nd in 2012. Based on the rule of thumb that future picks are devalued by one round for each year they are in the future, that equates to a “2012 value” of one 1st, two 2nds, and one 3rd. Even if you assume that each of the future picks gets valued at the top of the round they get reduced to — in other words, the 2013 1st equates to current pick 33 and the 2014 1st equates to current pick 65– that comes out to 2955 points on the classic pick value chart (or 857 points on my preferred updated chart from Pats Pulpit). 

The suggested Dolphins trade comes out to 3810 points on the classic chart (or 1130 points on the PP chart). In other words, 30-40% more value than the RGIII trade. It will never ever happen. 

If you’re looking for a Miami trade that would more closely replicate an RGIII type return, you have to drop pick #18. At the very least, if you think those future 1sts have more value than the rule of thumb gives them credit for, you have to drop pick #26. They’re never going to get all 3 firsts, plus that early 2nd as well. 

Treat it as if the absolute best we can possibly do is #5, #18, and #39, and then we’re having a realistic conversation about trading down. Or maybe #5, #18, and next year’s 1st (which I’d prefer). Anything beyond that is just fantasy. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, offbyone said:

Historically, the perceived best prospect in the draft is rarely really worth what people gauge him at.  Or maybe he has the potential but never fulfills it for various circumstances, such as an injury.

It also depends how you evaluate our roster.  Many people still think our roster is a long ways out( I am not one of those people), in that case, a bunch of picks makes more sense.  But perfect example is the giants.  Barkley is super elite offensive talent, but they just wasted major tread on his tires and contract years and in a year the contract talks will likely start.   

All I am saying is we should be open minded to trade down options, it is a numbers game in the end.  

Do you have any proof to back this up? I mean if you're going to make a statement like that you have to have some historical data to back it up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Do you have any proof to back this up? I mean if you're going to make a statement like that you have to have some historical data to back it up.

The NFL draft history is a long sequence of mistakes, disappointments and missed opportunities.  I think it is a pretty factual statement.  Every draft is littered with them.  There is no such thing as a can't miss prospect.