2020 Draft thread

lavar703

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

Did Julius Peppers win a SuperBowl with Carolina? You know they guy Chase is being Compared too. I don't think so! 

To be fair, if John Kasay doesn’t kickoff out of bounds Brady never would have had time to drive to the game winning FG. Peppers owes Kasay a beat down lol. Peppers was stellar that season. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

So it's Garrapolo fault his teams stellar D with multiple 1st round picks Joey Bosa, Solomon Thomas, and Defoster Bunkner, plus a Dee Ford along with Richard Sherman couldn't hold a 10 point lead? 

The Skins aren't a Pass Rusher away from a SuperBowl. If offered 3 or more 1st round picks for pick #2 I'm taking that deal. Building around Haskins like Reid did for Mahomes and Smith. 

Did Julius Peppers win a SuperBowl with Carolina? You know they guy Chase is being Compared too. I don't think so! 

To your point about Mahomes, this fallls into why the Skins could receive that type of offer for Tua. Tua is a QB and nobody effects the game like the QB can. Tua history without injury for sure could make him the #1 pick in the draft. So if he keeps getting HEALTHY that number #2 pick will become more Valuable. Care to answer how much you would give up to get Tua if Doctor's gave you the Ok on him? 

Yes it’s Garrapolos fault because he sucks. Tua isn’t Mahomes. Mahomes is basically a once in a lifetime talent who’s already on track for a Hall of Fame career. He’s having arguably the greatest start to an NFL career ever for a QB. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yes it’s Garrapolos fault because he sucks. Tua isn’t Mahomes. Mahomes is basically a once in a lifetime talent who’s already on track for a Hall of Fame career. He’s having arguably the greatest start to an NFL career ever for a QB. 

Now your just making up stuff to ignore my point. 21-5 doesn't say suck to me. The 49er's who drafted in the top 5 twice in the last 3 seasons (without Jimmy starting at QB) yet with Jimmy healthy they make the SuperBowl. I think these #Facts proves your statement is false. 

3 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

To be fair, if John Kasay doesn’t kickoff out of bounds Brady never would have had time to drive to the game winning FG. Peppers owes Kasay a beat down lol. Peppers was stellar that season. 

Not stellar enough to get passed Brady's Oline and knock him backwards when needed most. 

7 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Now your just making up stuff to ignore my point. 21-5 doesn't say suck to me. The 49er's who drafted in the top 5 twice in the last 3 seasons (without Jimmy starting at QB) yet with Jimmy healthy they make the SuperBowl. I think these #Facts proves your statement is false. 

Kyle Shanahan had 3 timeouts and almost 2 minutes left in the first half and Garrapolo was struggling so much that he attempted to run the half out instead of trying to score. If you really wanna try and tell me Garrapolo played well in the super bowl then I don’t know what to tell you? They were 7 minutes away from Bosa being the Super Bowl MVP except Garrapolo couldn’t complete a couple passes. Instead he was throwing everything in the dirt. 

If you somehow believe a defense that had held Mahomes in check almost all game is at fault for the loss when their offense just kept stalling and giving the ball back to the best player in the game then again, I don’t know what to tell you? So you can either build an all-time great defense or you can just keep drafting QBs until you end up with a Brady or Mahomes. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Kyle Shanahan had 3 timeouts and almost 2 minutes left in the first half and Garrapolo was struggling so much that he attempted to run the half out instead of trying to score. If you really wanna try and tell me Garrapolo played well in the super bowl then I don’t know what to tell you? They were 7 minutes away from Bosa being the Super Bowl MVP except Garrapolo couldn’t complete a couple passes. Instead he was throwing everything in the dirt. 

If you somehow believe a defense that had held Mahomes in check almost all game is at fault for the loss when their offense just kept stalling and giving the ball back to the best player in the game then again, I don’t know what to tell you? So you can either build an all-time great defense or you can just keep drafting QBs until you end up with a Brady or Mahomes. 

I see this is going no where and you won't answer my questions. I'll just agree to disagree. If Up to me Chase Young is tradeable for the Dolphins 3 1st round picks. 

• Like 2

It’s the draft, you take the best player on your board when you pick unless you have multiple players graded the same and think you could trade down and get the player you still covet the most or one of the other players about equal to him. I’m tired of hearing that these other prospects are similar prospects to Young, because it’s not true. The only one in this draft who’s on his level is Joe Burrow and I personally have questions about Burrow - I think he enjoyed playing with the most talented set of position players in college football, he won’t have that in the pros - but I do believe he’s worth the number one pick, but I also believe Young is a better prospect. 

You don’t trade down and pass on the biggest difference maker in the draft for lesser players, you just don’t. It’s not a good idea. We have been a franchise devoid of true difference makers for near 30 years and the two other times we had them, one was killed and the other got injured and was never the same.

Does anyone looking back on it now think we should have traded down and passed on a talent like Sean Taylor in 2004? I hope the answer is no, and that’s how everyone should feel about Young when you watch him play and not be able to be blocked by one player with his quick first step, his athleticism for his size, his pass rush moves and his ability to finish sacks.

As for, “well he won’t bring us a Super Bowl.” First, you don’t know that. Two, no player does that on his own. You need to acquire multiple good to great players and that never occurs in just one draft. You have to build a team and we’ve been doing that pretty well with young talent over the last few years but we have no true difference makers.

You acquire good to great players usually high in the draft and then add players around them with other draft picks in coming years and a few veteran free agents to hopefully get you over the top.

A team wins Super Bowls, not any one player. We went to 5 Super Bowls in the 70s and 80s - winning 3 - as a team, adding a talent like Chase Young makes our defense better and in turn will make the team better.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

I see this is going no where and you won't answer my questions. I'll just agree to disagree. If Up to me Chase Young is tradeable for the Dolphins 3 1st round picks. 

But you don’t even know if that’s true. Do you? There’s no proof that Chase will get that back in a trade, and there’s definitely no proof that any of those 3 players we’d trade to get instead of Chase become as good of a player as him, so why not take the best prospect?

You’d be passing on the best prospect in the draft for lesser players and you’re not even sure what those picks/players would be yet. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Yeah Peppers May not have won a SB but that guy deserved one!!!! That’s for sure!!! I since the only player of Peppers rank in my all time that we potentially could have had got shot before we even saw his best. That said the reason I don’t trade out is because I’ve never scouted a player as a fan outside of Sean. Watching Sean I just kept watching that season saying what this guy could do here. This year I watched every game because I’ve seen chase in high school and these last 3 years and he just kept making me say what we could be with that guy!!! Watching JJ watt tweet a few times about what Chase was doing I have to say it’s hard not to want that for your team!!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

But you don’t even know if that’s true. Do you? There’s no proof that Chase will get that back in a trade, and there’s definitely no proof that any of those 3 players we’d trade to get instead of Chase become as good of a player as him, so why not take the best prospect?

You’d be passing on the best prospect in the draft for lesser players and you’re not even sure what those picks/players would be yet. 

I just don’t think people look at the odds of these players actually even panning out. And while we all like the 4 or 5 names who says when we do trade back we pick play XYZ compared to how you value. One thing I think we all can agree on is Chase. It’s easy to play the we could get this or we could have that and it looks great right now. But we have hit on some players recently trying to focus on getting this defense to be respectable. This one player could be the one that makes them great! Good players are huge. But no great unit doesn’t have that great player element

• Like 1

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I said if offered those picks.

57 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I said if offered those picks.

Understood and I’m saying it’s a big IF and not likely to happen. Keep in mind, the price for the #2 pick in 2012 got driven up bc the trade up was for RG3 who was supposed to be a generational/franchise QB.

I’m not sure there will be the same market to trade up for an injured Tua.

Most likely the Lions are in the drivers seat for a trade down bc there isn’t a definite player who’s a lock to be the 3rd overall pick and if someone is desperate to trade up to get Tua - and I still don’t know why anyone would be given his injury - it’d be to get to the lions pick and not ours.

I don’t buy the silly season rumors that the Lions want to trade the best QB they’ve had in the history of their franchise.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Understood and I’m saying it’s a big IF and not likely to happen. Keep in mind, the price for the #2 pick in 2012 got driven up bc the trade up was for RG3 who was supposed to be a generational/franchise QB.

I’m not sure there will be the same market to trade up for an injured Tua.

Most likely the Lions are in the drivers seat for a trade down bc there isn’t a definite player who’s a lock to be the 3rd overall pick and if someone is desperate to trade up to get Tua - and I still don’t know why anyone would be given his injury - it’d be to get to the lions pick and not ours.

I don’t buy the silly season rumors that the Lions want to trade the best QB they’ve had in the history of their franchise.

A Healthy Tua is a WAY better Generational Player than Griffin. Tua was compared to Russel Wilson a SuperBowl Champion and runner in MVP conversations. So I stand by what I said, if Tua is cleared by Doctors and a TEAM loves him like the Skins did Griffin and offer us 3 1st round picks I'm taking that deal. 

I won't go back and forth with anyone who disagrees that a Healthy cleared Tua is a better Prospect than RG3. Based on #Facts Griffin garnered 3 1st round picks, That's what I want from Miami if they fell in Love with Tua. If not stand at #2 and take Chase Young. 

Crazy thing the Skins could have 2 1st round picks in the top 10 had Bruce took the Browns offer for William's. 

The best Prospect isn't sure to come out to be the best Player. JJ Watt Obviously has become a better Player than the Prospect he was in the draft or he wouldn't have fallen in the draft and even had others at his position taken before him. Arron Rodgers another guy who is a better Player than the Prospects he was said to be. Their are plenty of situations like this. 

Edited by Skins212689

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

A Healthy Tua is a WAY better Generational Player than Griffin. Tua was compared to Russel Wilson a SuperBowl Champion and runner in MVP conversations. So I stand by what I said, if Tua is cleared by Doctors and a TEAM loves him like the Skins did Griffin and offer us 3 1st round picks I'm taking that deal. 

I won't go back and forth with anyone who disagrees that a Healthy cleared Tua is a better Prospect than RG3. Based on #Facts Griffin garnered 3 1st round picks, That's what I want from Miamia if they want to move up for Tua. If not stand at #2 and take Chase Young. 

Crazy thing the Skins could have 2 1st round picks in the top 10 had Bruce took the Browns offer for William's. 

The best Prospect isn't sure to come out to be the best Player. JJ Watt Obviously has become a better Player than the Prospect he was in the draft or he wouldn't have fallen in the draft and even had others at his position taken before him. Arron Rodgers another guy who is a better Player than the Prospects he was said to be. Their are plenty of situations like this. 

There are many times that does happen with prospects. But the thing is when does a team trade down when they scout the player to the level Chase is being compared? And while Roberts value as a prospect was what it was if the Rams believed Robert was the next sure fire great QB they would have made that pick. If Tua was the level prospect your saying we could pick him. But Chase is universally known to be the best player in this class if Burrow doesn’t  put up Madden easy level numbers. You have to trust your grade. If Chase is the next Peppers or LT they could offer 10 top picks you don’t take them.

Can he bust yes. Any prospect can. But finding holes in a player is easy if you want to break them down. I’m not gonna say I’m not alittle bias watching him live as long as I have. But this player is the best player in this class last years class which was a loaded defensive class. Compare this draft too the Newton draft. The transfer who set the world on fire for a national title and Heisman run and Von the super explosive frustrating defender with freak talent. Then a bunch of question marks at QB behind it.

I was a huge believer in Tua. Was I ever in love with him as a prospect no. He’s a great leader!!! I believe he will be a really good QB. But I think as we get closer to draft time teams will remember there were plenty of flaws in his game. This is downtime season and media season. Pre injury Tua wasn’t the huge arm super mobile prospect RG was. Tua is a winner!!! That’s what you’ll love about Tua!!! But if you watch his game he is nothing like Wilson!!! Wilson’s mobility and decision making are amazing. Their comparing him to Wilson due to height and attitude. Not too his ability

Edited by ripsean21

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

There are many times that does happen with prospects. But the thing is when does a team trade down when they scout the player to the level Chase is being compared? And while Roberts value as a prospect was what it was if the Rams believed Robert was the next sure fire great QB they would have made that pick. If Tua was the level prospect your saying we could pick him. But Chase is universally known to be the best player in this class if Burrow doesn’t  put up Madden easy level numbers. You have to trust your grade. If Chase is the next Peppers or LT they could offer 10 top picks you don’t take them.

Can he bust yes. Any prospect can. But finding holes in a player is easy if you want to break them down. I’m not gonna say I’m not alittle bias watching him live as long as I have. But this player is the best player in this class last years class which was a loaded defensive class. Compare this draft too the Newton draft. The transfer who set the world on fire for a national title and Heisman run and Von the super explosive frustrating defender with freak talent. Then a bunch of question marks at QB behind it.

I was a huge believer in Tua. Was I ever in love with him as a prospect no. He’s a great leader!!! I believe he will be a really good QB. But I think as we get closer to draft time teams will remember there were plenty of flaws in his game. This is downtime season and media season. Pre injury Tua wasn’t the huge arm super mobile prospect RG was. Tua is a winner!!! That’s what you’ll love about Tua!!! But if you watch his game he is nothing like Wilson!!! Wilson’s mobility and decision making are amazing. Their comparing him to Wilson due to height and attitude. Not too his ability

Thanks really enjoyed reading that feed back. Tua winning might just get a Team excited enough to make that offer. 3 1st round picks is hard to turn down in my mind/way of getting a SuperBowl Win. Tua was Winning at Alabama, a very well respected football program. It will be very interesting to see what actually happens come draft time. 

• Like 1