2020 Draft thread

lavar703

LaConfora continues to be an idiot. Not a surprise!

There’s no reason to move on from Peterson at this point. He's not that expensive and they already have two young RBs on the roster (Guice & Love) who can learn from the veteran for a year before they hopefully become the 1-2 punch next year.

There's no reason to trade Dunbar either. They need to see what his contract demands are, if they aren't outlandish they should re-sign him. If they are, you make him play out his contract and see what you want to do with him next year. If he plays great, you can sign him long term, franchise him next offseason if he won't sign a LTD or let him walk and take the comp pick.

I agree about Kerrigan, but I doubt it happens bc how close he and Snyder are. I fully believe Kerrigan will retire as a Redskin a few years from now.

I see no reason to trade Anderson. They'd get nothing for him and he’s more a 4-3 SLB then a 4-3 DE. 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah, I don't like JLC very much.

I don't like JLC cause a lot of the times to me he doesn't come off as a reporter talking about what may happen or even one speculating on what might happen,comes off more as a Fan saying what he would do or what he thinks best.

• Like 1

I know we all want to talk about the 2nd overall pick,but looking at the draft game thread one constant I see is the only pick not getting a A+ grade is our 3rd round pick and havn't seen it get one yet.So do y'all think it a bad spot to be compared to our needs,with a extra 4th it would make sense to trade up someone we value falls to mid late 2nd.

PS I know its a draft game and there grade aren't great just something to kill time.

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

I know we all want to talk about the 2nd overall pick,but looking at the draft game thread one constant I see is the only pick not getting a A+ grade is our 3rd round pick and havn't seen it get one yet.So do y'all think it a bad spot to be compared to our needs,with a extra 4th it would make sense to trade up someone we value falls to mid late 2nd.

PS I know its a draft game and there grade aren't great just something to kill time.

A great 3rd round pick is a value at TE. Of course we need the draft to fall that way but I believe we will get good value at that position at that spot

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

A great 3rd round pick is a value at TE. Of course we need the draft to fall that way but I believe we will get good value at that position at that spot

Agree it be a good spot for a TE could also be a good spot for WR(if we don't go there in FA)

4 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

I don't like JLC cause a lot of the times to me he doesn't come off as a reporter talking about what may happen or even one speculating on what might happen,comes off more as a Fan saying what he would do or what he thinks best.

My favorite thing ever was when he was giving away the draft picks early on NFL network...the only issue was they weren’t correct lol

• Like 1

• I'm all for trading Trent if we get something more than a 2nd in return.  That being said, I have low confidence Penn (if he returns) will repeat the same performance next year at his age.  With this year being ever so critical for Haskins' continued development, it makes little sense to allow another glaring hole in one of the most important positions on offense.  Trent is still a top-5 LT and I'm more than happy to pay him with our cap space this year.  
  • Don't want any changes at RB.  AP continues to impress and I'm more than comfortable starting him next year and giving another year to see how Guice / Love fair health-wise to take over the starting role.  I think it will be important to invest in a strong back-up if Guice does end up being the starter just by how violent he runs -- we just have too many holes to address that are more pressing right now.  
  • It's time to move on from Reed.  Draft a TE in the 3rd/4th round to groom behind a FA signing like Hooper or Ebron.  I'd be ok with a temporary filler like Olsen if it gives us flexibility to extend Scherff or Dunbar.  
  • Like 1

The only time I ever liked JHC was when he quoted me in the Washington Post when he used to work there. I think it was 2008 and you know you can make comments on someone article below?

Well I did, and I mentioned how the Redskins should cut guys like Shawn Springs, Phillip Daniels, Randy Thomas, Cornelius Griffin, Marcus Washington and others to make cap space to start a youth movement for their future. I can’t remember when it was, I think it was 2007 or 2008. My mom cut it out of the front page of the Sports Section in the Washington Post and had it on her refrigerator for years! Haha 😂 

• Like 1

With alot of talk about Burrow not wanting to be a Bengal I thought what if Burrow is available at #2 while the Bengals take Tua at #1. Tua did get a good updated report on his hip. As I have previously said if Tua Health continues to progress, while Burrow seems not happy about becoming a Bengal the draft could get very interesting. 

51 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

With alot of talk about Burrow not wanting to be a Bengal I thought what if Burrow is available at #2 while the Bengals take Tua at #1. Tua did get a good updated report on his hip. As I have previously said if Tua Health continues to progress, while Burrow seems not happy about becoming a Bengal the draft could get very interesting. 

It’s hard to imagine Burrow saying he won’t play for the Bengals. Just doesn’t make sense