2020 Draft thread

lavar703

I’ve watched a lot of Burrows and don’t believe he’s a superstar. He’s not a bust either- but he’s definitely not the best player in the draft or even the best qb in the draft. Let’s hope Cinn doesn’t realize this and trade out of the top pick to say Raiders or Detroit who would then draft Chase Young. I could see raiders signing Brady, and trading two number 1’s and a 2 to move to number 1 and draft Young. 
If a trade happens all bets are off and I have no idea what the Redskins do. 

Edited by Doc Draper
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

I’ve watched a lot of Burrows and don’t believe he’s a superstar. He’s not a bust either- but he’s definitely not the best player in the draft or even the best qb in the draft. Let’s hope Cinn doesn’t realize this and trade out of the top pick to say Raiders or Detroit who would then draft Chase Young. I could see raiders signing Brady, and trading two number 1’s and a 2 to move to number 1 and draft Young. 
If a trade happens all bets are off and I have no idea what the Redskins do. 

Is Tua your #1 then?

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Is Tua your #1 then?

Yes and it’s not even close. In 3 years there is a high probability we look back and say what idiots passed on Russell Wilson 2.0 and drafted Trent Dilfer 2.0?

i recall for a few years- Tank for Tua. 
Bottom out for Burrows? Never heard of it 

Edited by Doc Draper

12 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Yes I’ve read what the TMZ of football has reported. I don’t agree with it. Doesn’t mean it’s wrong I’m just saying I don’t think it will happen. At the end of the day I expect Burrow to be a Bengal or they’ll just take Tua or Herbert and Young will be a Redskin. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Yes and it’s not even close. In 3 years there is a high probability we look back and say what idiots passed on Russell Wilson 2.0 and drafted Trent Dilfer 2.0?

i recall for a few years- Tank for Tua. 
Bottom out for Burrows? Never heard of it 

Trent Dilfer? That’s a harsh comparison for Burrow. Burrow already looks like a better pro then Dilfer ever became and Burrow hasn’t played a down in the NFL yet.

Before the injury Tua = Russell Wilson. After the hip injury, who the hell knows. He’s such an enigma. I’m tired of seeing some downplaying his injury - which is about as serious as you can get - just bc he’s on schedule with his rehab.

Burrow doesn’t have the strongest arm, but he was an extremely accurate QB last year - was some of that bc of the talent he played with?

Yes, I’d say it was, but not to the point where he doesn’t have the potential to be a very good - at worst - NFL QB. I think at worst Burrow ends up in the crop of QBs that are good but not great like Cousins, Derek Carr, Matt Ryan, Stafford etc, but Burrow’s potential is to be a top 5 QB in the NFL around or even before the time he’s 30.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Yes I’ve read what the TMZ of football has reported. I don’t agree with it. Doesn’t mean it’s wrong I’m just saying I don’t think it will happen. At the end of the day I expect Burrow to be a Bengal or they’ll just take Tua or Herbert and Young will be a Redskin. 

The Bengals are weird.  They never trade.  If Burrow were to refuse to play for them, and they figure they have to take a QB, you're probably right they'd probably just take Tua or Herbert.  However, if they took Young that would make our pick instantly the most valuable #2 overall pick since the RG3 selection.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

source.gif

Hilarious and as much as Romo choked, I’d take him as a QB over every QB we’ve had this century so far unless Haskins ends up being a true Franchise QB.

I never really realized how close Romo was to scoring on that play and winning the game for the Cowboys despite the botched hold. What a tremendous play by Jordan Babineaux to make that tackle and save the game for the Seahawks! If Martin Gramatica gets even half a block on Babineaux, Romo scores and they win.

Edited by turtle28