2020 Draft thread

lavar703

3 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

well Dang- he's talking both ways . I think we can stay 5-7 ..AND.. get multiple #1's . So which way he's arguing ?

I think what he means is 5/18/26 from Miami and not just two of their firsts. I don't think Miami is willing to give up all their ones this year and they'd be stupid to do so. I just don't think Tua is that great of a prospect to warrant that kind of trade. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

well Dang- he's talking both ways . I think we can stay 5-7 ..AND.. get multiple #1's . So which way he's arguing ?

As Lavar said, 1. he's saying he wouldn't trade back and pass on an elite prospect on the 2nd most important position on the field.

And 2, he's saying even if you did it, he wouldn't trade down past the 5 to 7 range bc you'd still want the best chance you can have at drafting an elite prospect.

Edited by turtle28

41 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think what he means is 5/18/26 from Miami and not just two of their firsts. I don't think Miami is willing to give up all their ones this year and they'd be stupid to do so. I just don't think Tua is that great of a prospect to warrant that kind of trade. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2994392a556182a0b4b0

22 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

Unpopular opinion, if I was Washington if Tua’s medicals are fine I’d go him. Haskins looked like trash. Locking down a cheap franchise qb before the new cba would do wonders

Haskins struggled in his first few appearances in relief and frost few starts but the last month of the season he started to play a lot better once Steven Sims emerged.

As a starter, Haskins had 7 TDs w/ only 2 ints until he hurt his ankle in the first half of week 16 so, he didn’t get to play the last 6 quarters of the season. If he had, he probably would’ve had 2 or 3 more TDs.

Also, Chase Young is a better prospect then Tua, I wouldn't take Tua over Chase Young.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

Unpopular opinion, if I was Washington if Tua’s medicals are fine I’d go him. Haskins looked like trash. Locking down a cheap franchise qb before the new cba would do wonders

Define "looked like trash". Because the guy improved every game and by the end of the year was looking pretty decent for a rookie that had started less than 1/2 a season.

• Like 1

Can't help but wonder what the Skins do, if the Bengals take Chase Young #1 overall.

With all the talk about Burrow possibly pulling an Eli, or simply not wanting to be a Bengal?

What do the Skins do in this scenario?

I'd imagine the Dolphins would possibly trade up, if they want him. The Redskins could possibly end up with a ransom of picks, by no fault of their own.

Or do the Bengals simply take Tua #1?

Or do the Bengals trade out of their #1 pick? And if so? To whom?

Gonna be an interesting draft this year.

Think it's crazy now? Wait till after the combine.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Can't help but wonder what the Skins do, if the Bengals take Chase Young #1 overall.

With all the talk about Burrow possibly pulling an Eli, or simply not wanting to be a Bengal?

What do the Skins do in this scenario?

I'd imagine the Dolphins would possibly trade up, if they want him. The Redskins could possibly end up with a ransom of picks, by no fault of their own.

Or do the Bengals simply take Tua #1?

Or do the Bengals trade out of their #1 pick? And if so? To whom?

Gonna be an interesting draft this year.

Think it's crazy now? Wait till after the combine.

I think they would take Okudah or trade down. Also, if you’re Miami and you covet Tua the Bengals selecting Young would all but guarantee you he’ll be available at 5. Maybe we could get someone to trade up to 2 but who has multiple firsts that would be willing to do so? The Raiders maybe but I’m not even sure the Dolphins see Burrow the same way draftniks do. 

Im just going to throw it out there but I don’t think the Bengals selecting Young is going to help the Redskins efforts to trade down. You’d have to find some team desperately in love with Burrow and then hope they have the resources to make the deal. If Young is picked at 1 I’d hope like hell we could move down but I think they’d just sit there and take Okudah. I don’t think Burrow would even cross their minds as a possibility.

With all of this said, come draft day, I will not be shocked if the Redskins take Tua. I think it’s going to be Young but it’s hard to rule out Tua being a possibility. It’s just really odd to me how standoffish Rivera has been about Haskins and I’m getting a bad feeling about it. 

Young-80%

Tua-15%

Trade down-5%

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think they would take Okudah or trade down. Also, if you’re Miami and you covet Tua the Bengals selecting Young would all but guarantee you he’ll be available at 5. Maybe we could get someone to trade up to 2 but who has multiple firsts that would be willing to do so? The Raiders maybe but I’m not even sure the Dolphins see Burrow the same way draftniks do. 

Im just going to throw it out there but I don’t think the Bengals selecting Young is going to help the Redskins efforts to trade down. You’d have to find some team desperately in love with Burrow and then hope they have the resources to make the deal. If Young is picked at 1 I’d hope like hell we could move down but I think they’d just sit there and take Okudah. I don’t think Burrow would even cross their minds as a possibility.

With all of this said, come draft day, I will not be shocked if the Redskins take Tua. I think it’s going to be Young but it’s hard to rule out Tua being a possibility. It’s just really odd to me how standoffish Rivera has been about Haskins and I’m getting a bad feeling about it. 

Young-80%

Tua-15%

Trade down-5%

Redskins taking Tua would be the shocker pick of the draft, imo.

And quite honestly, I think I would come closer to being really pissed off about that, than say we took Okudah @#2.

Reasons being...

1)Why are we always drafting/signing guys with major histories of injury? Have we not or will we not learn this?

2)Giving up on Haskins this early, would leave a very bad taste in my mouth. Moreso, than not trading Cousins or Trent Williams when we had the chance.

And finally 3)Rivera gets his guy, but does it improve the team? Are we truly better now, with Tua over Haskins? Is it a guarantee, that Tua is better than Haskins? 

I mean, I understand Rivera wanting his own guy? But why not take a generational DE in Chase Young & a late round prospect QB who he like as well & healthier? If Haskins sucks next year? Go after Lawrence or whomever in next draft.

Personally, I hope we do NOT draft Tua & think this would be a collosal mistake X3.

A)losing out on a generational DE talent in Chase Young, as he probably lands on the Giants and destroys us for 10-15 years.

B)Haskins goes on to have a successful career after we trade him to some QB needy team. (Since we drafted Tua)  And Tua breaks his hip walking to the Refrigerator for a glass of milk.

And C)Our offense suffers having Tua, instead of Haskins & our Defense suffers cause we passed on Chase Allen who's a Gold Jacket waiting to happen player, while we have "good" players from time to time on Defense. But not great.

Thus Rivera & Del Rio get fired from not winning & letting Snyder's boy Haskins go on to Carolina (or wherever) and winning them multiple Super Bowls.

Nope, bad move!

Stay put, take Young.

If Rivera wants a QB, dig in the well from the 4th Rd or later. Draft a possible insurance policy who's no threat to Haskins now, but could be someone we lean on if Haskins doesn't work out or gets hurt. Maybe find a late Rd gem.

If C Y goes #1 to the Bengals, we take Burrow and trade Haskins for second round pick . If they think Burrow is a better Q B .. gotta do it . Otherwise it's a must tradedown situation if we can get the right deal. 

I don't want anyone with 2 overall except C Y or Burrow.

• Like 1

With Browns Gregg Robinson busted for large amounts of weed & them saying they are letting him go?

I wonder if we could offer them LT Trent Williams & CB Dunbar for #10 pick & TE Njoku.

Would you do it? I would!

#2)Chase Young

#10)Andrew Thomas, Wills, Becton or Wirfs here....

Or

Trade down & try to recoup a 2nd (that we don't have)

Or

simply go bpa at #10.

I think the Browns would have to consider this offer.

Trent solidifies their LT spot & Dunbar pairs with Greedy Williams on the other side.

And we get a promising TE in Njoku who could become a good target for Haskins.

Not to mention we get rid of 2 headaches.

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

With Browns Gregg Robinson busted for large amounts of weed & them saying they are letting him go?

I wonder if we could offer them LT Trent Williams & CB Dunbar for #10 pick & TE Njoku.

Would you do it? I would!

#2)Chase Young

#10)Andrew Thomas, Wills, Becton or Wirfs here....

Or

Trade down & try to recoup a 2nd (that we don't have)

Or

simply go bpa at #10.

I think the Browns would have to consider this offer.

Trent solidifies their LT spot & Dunbar pairs with Greedy Williams on the other side.

And we get a promising TE in Njoku who could become a good target for Haskins.

Not to mention we get rid of 2 headaches.

Why would they want Dunbar with Ward and Greedy