2020 Draft thread

lavar703

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

If C Y goes #1 to the Bengals, we take Burrow and trade Haskins for second round pick . If they think Burrow is a better Q B .. gotta do it . Otherwise it's a must tradedown situation if we can get the right deal. 

I don't want anyone with 2 overall except C Y or Burrow.

So Urban Myers made the mistake of keeping Haskins over Burrow at Ohio State? 

26 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Maybe, he said Burrow was SMARTER and a BETTER LEADER, but Haskins had the PHYSICAL SKILLS. Burrows' physical skills now look purty guud. ! It's what the brain trust thinks at this point. They didn't draft Haskins.

BTW- The name is MYER .

Edited by RSkinGM

36 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I can’t be the only person who thinks Tua is better than Burrow? And I also believe neither of them will be anything special. 

I agree with you and I am guessing half the world would be agreeing with you if he didn't get hurt.  But it is already a risk developing a qb, one with this kind of injury history.  Look at RG3, he had some talent and might have developed but in the end he could never stay healthy for a full season.  Talent doesn't matter if you can't be relied upon.  

27 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Maybe, he said Burrow was SMARTER and a BETTER LEADER, but Haskins had the PHYSICAL SKILLS. Burrows' physical skills now look purty guud. ! It's what the brain trust thinks at this point. They didn't draft Haskins.

BTW- The name is MYER .

It’s actually Meyer :shrug:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I can’t be the only person who thinks Tua is better than Burrow? And I also believe neither of them will be anything special. 

I like them both a lot, they are different types of QBs. Tua is more Russell Wilson like, Burrow is a more traditional pocket passer but is sneaky athletic too. I think they both can be very good QBs in the league. The only reason they wouldn't be is if the team's they go to don't build well around them bc they have the tools to be top 10 QBs after a few years. They are better prospects then Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones & Haskins IMO. Again, as long as they stay healthy and their teams build well around them they should eventually be considered top 10/franchise QBs.

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

No, he didn't. Haskins was the better player at the time. Let's not forget that Burrow went to LSU two years ago and was average his first year there while Haskins threw for 4831 yds & 50 TDs when he was 19-20 years old.  Burrow developed into the great player he was at LSU in his second season there as Joe Brady came from the Saints has put in a pro style passing game for Burrow and all his weapons at WR & TE.

Also, Burrow was 22-23 while he had his great season last year, Haskins was 19-20 while he had his great college season.

5 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Can't help but wonder what the Skins do, if the Bengals take Chase Young #1 overall.

With all the talk about Burrow possibly pulling an Eli, or simply not wanting to be a Bengal?

What do the Skins do in this scenario?

I'd imagine the Dolphins would possibly trade up, if they want him. The Redskins could possibly end up with a ransom of picks, by no fault of their own.

Or do the Bengals simply take Tua #1?

Or do the Bengals trade out of their #1 pick? And if so? To whom?

Gonna be an interesting draft this year.

Think it's crazy now? Wait till after the combine.

They trade down to the team who wants Burrow or Tua the most and we take the two first round picks from that team and a 2nd. Then, we draft Okudah, Simmons, Thomas, Jeudy etc.  

I don't think the combine is going to make any difference at the top of the draft. Burrow likely isn't going to throw, Chase Young probably won't do much and Tua won't participate. 

Any scenario you are talking about won't take place until days before the draft or at the draft.

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

BTW- The name is MYER .

My Brain Trust says Haskins will be Rivera's starting QB come September 2020 unless a injury occurs. 

Since your so In Love with Burrow will you cheer for the team that drafts him? 

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

My Brain Trust says Haskins will be Rivera's starting QB come September 2020 unless a injury occurs. 

Since your so In Love with Burrow will you cheer for the team that drafts him? 

Burrow is a beast!!!! He played at the highest of levels and rose to every challenge. He might not be great at any one thing but his poise and command is elite!!!!! I wouldn’t bet against that guy!!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

So go root for the team that drafts him!!!

Dude I’m a Redskins fan bud but I can trust my eyes and my grades on a prospect I could care less where he plays. I’m a huge Haskins fan!!! Doesn’t mean I can’t like another player. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Dude I’m a Redskins fan bud but I can trust my eyes and my grades on a prospect I could care less where he plays. I’m a huge Haskins fan!!! Doesn’t mean I can’t like another player. 

Rooting for another player and suggesting another player takes another player position is 2 different scenarios. I'm not for Burrow being drafted after we just drafted Haskisn plan and simple. Burrow couldn't even beat Haskins at Ohio State yet I'm suppose to be on board with replacing Haskins with Burrow now, no thanks!