2020 Draft thread

lavar703

6 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

I know I taled about Claypool playing TE last week i n a mock I did, he came in this week at 238 and scouts are saying he could be a matchup nightmare,  Im willing to take a chance on the kid. worst comes to worst we can play hium at wr as a redzone target and shred weight if TE doesnt work out

I dont see Claypool making it past the 2nd now. Probably late 1st or early half 2nd if he runs the 4.4 and destroys these TEs in the cone drills like he should.

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

He could gain a spot and be the #1 overall pick. So the whole he has nothing to gain isn't exactly ... true. He didn't have elite measurements coming out of high school and no one is talking about this. It's just disappointing. I mean what did Myles Garrett or Jadeveon Clowney gain by doing their combine?

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/212159/chase-young

Garrett wanted to be at the #1 spot. There was another DE that he needed to beat out. It was between him and Solomon Thomas. Thomas ended up going at #3. But only because Chicago swapped picks so that they could get Trubisky.

That's not the same situation here. We don't have a situation where the first two picks are consistently mocked at the same position.

Bengals NEED a QB. Burrow is there and WILL be the #1 pick. Chase knows he's not going #1. He knows he's going #2 no matter what he does (combine or not). So he knows he will be the highest DE off the board at #2. No chance I would risk falling from #2 by participating in the combine workouts and getting a freak injury there.

The risk does not outweigh the reward.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

While that is true Kyle Smith history when it comes to the draft isn't that. He's drafted guys like Haskins, Payne, Allen, and Sweat with his 1st round picks. 

You can argue it’s still too early to tell but none of them have come even close to HOF potential that people here seem to think we’ll automatically get with three 1st round picks.  

On top of that, the dolphins aren’t going to funnel 3 1sts for our pick.  I don’t know why people keep speculating this is as a plausible scenario because there’s 0 chance it happens.  

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Garrett wanted to be at the #1 spot. There was another DE that he needed to beat out. It was between him and Solomon Thomas. Thomas ended up going at #3. But only because Chicago swapped picks so that they could get Trubisky.

That's not the same situation here. We don't have a situation where the first two picks are consistently mocked at the same position.

Bengals NEED a QB. Burrow is there and WILL be the #1 pick. Chase knows he's not going #1. He knows he's going #2 no matter what he does (combine or not). So he knows he will be the highest DE off the board at #2. No chance I would risk falling from #2 by participating in the combine workouts and getting a freak injury there.

The risk does not outweigh the reward.

+1.  0 chance in hell CIN drafts Chase Young after benching Dalton last season.

Young can only hurt his stock attending the combine.  His tape speaks for itself

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I dont see Claypool making it past the 2nd now. Probably late 1st or early half 2nd if he runs the 4.4 and destroys these TEs in the cone drills like he should.

i tend to agree with you if he comes out as a TE, he also benefits from a very week TE draft. if he somehow made it to the 3rd then I would take a shot on him. would then hope KJ Hill is there in the 4th and boom

28 minutes ago, tredaddy said:

+1.  0 chance in hell CIN drafts Chase Young after benching Dalton last season.

Young can only hurt his stock attending the combine.  His tape speaks for itself

I want us to draft Chase. But, There is a much greater chance than 0% that Cinn takes him at 1. 
remember in 2011- the bengals needed a qb. All the mocks had them taking a qb. They had picks 4 and 35. They Draft the sure thing AJ Green at 4. They  pass on three qbs who all the draft experts said had really good chances to be elite. And at 35 they take dalton. 

fast forward- what’s better for them- Take  Burrow at 1- ( a one season wonder and what a great year he had)  that all the sane experts who were wrong in 2011 saying he’s elite or take the sure thing at 1- Chase and with your second pick take Jake Fromm- who a lot of people believe will be at minimum an above average qb? 

let’s hope they are fixated on the shiny new quarterback or we are left to trade from a position of weakness or the fan base will blow their minds if they take burrow or tua. 

Edited by Doc Draper

13 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

I want us to draft Chase. But, There is a much greater chance than 0% that Cinn takes him at 1. 
remember in 2011- the bengals needed a qb. All the mocks had them taking a qb. They had picks 4 and 35. They Draft the sure thing AJ Green at 4. They  pass on three qbs who all the draft experts said had really good chances to be elite. And at 35 they take dalton. 

fast forward- what’s better for them- Take  Burrow at 1- ( a one season wonder and what a great year he had)  that all the sane experts who were wrong in 2011 saying he’s elite or take the sure thing at 1- Chase and with your second pick take Jake Fromm- who a lot of people believe will be at minimum an above average qb? 

let’s hope they are fixated on the shiny new quarterback or we are left to trade from a position of weakness or the fan base will blow their minds if they take burrow or tua. 

Doc, come on dude. After Cam Newton there was Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder. For example, the Redskins went with John Beck and Rex Grossman instead of drafting one of those guys. This is not the same scenario. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Zac has to do some winning this year to keep his job. So I cant see him shying away from Burrows.

If he felt safer in his job. I could see him taking Chase. Then Love, Froom or Eason with the 33rd pick and try coaching them up.

27 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Doc, come on dude. After Cam Newton there was Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder. For example, the Redskins went with John Beck and Rex Grossman instead of drafting one of those guys. This is not the same scenario. 

Ok ok I see your point :) but did you forget about Jake the Snake Locker and his sure fire all pro potential with nobility? Lol

i give it a 89.259% chance they take Burrow but it’s boring talking about our third round pick 

but if I was in charge of the bengals Chase is my pick 

Edited by Doc Draper

7 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Pretty much every mock in 2011 actually projected CIN to take AJ Green, not a QB (a quick google search seems to agree).  I don't really recall "elite" hype around the 2011 QB draft class outside of Newton and Gabbert

I haven't seen any report anything short of the Bengals absolutely being in love with Burrow either.  The Dalton chapter is clearly over.  Jake Fromm has several question marks - average arm strength, lack of production this year, 0 running threat, and even smaller hands than Joe Burrow.  This is following the same trajectory as Arizona w/ Murray last year - there's no chance they don't pick who they believe is the best QB in the draft with their first pick.  

The only scenario I see plausible is if Burrow pulls an Eli and refuses to play for CIN.  It's a long shot as it rarely happens but Dalton + Palmer both went through long and depressing tenures despite some amazing offensive talent.  Both have also openly criticized the Bengals organization as a whole.  

18 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Ok ok I see your point :) but did you forget about Jake the Snake Locker and his sure fire all pro potential with nobility? Lol

i give it a 89.259% chance they take Burrow but it’s boring talking about our third round pick 

but if I was in charge of the bengals Chase is my pick 

Who would your qb be? Because youd be fired.

Can go after Rivers, Mariota or Bridgewater. But theres not much else to help show enough improvement to keep your job.

8 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Who would your qb be? Because youd be fired.

Can go after Rivers, Mariota or Bridgewater. But theres not much else to help show enough improvement to keep your job.

Eh, with the Bengals you get a lot of chances. Maybe not. Maybe you're tanking for Trevor. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tredaddy said:

You can argue it’s still too early to tell but none of them have come even close to HOF potential that people here seem to think we’ll automatically get with three 1st round picks.  

On top of that, the dolphins aren’t going to funnel 3 1sts for our pick.  I don’t know why people keep speculating this is as a plausible scenario because there’s 0 chance it happens.  

OK< how about two first and a second and maybe 3 next year?

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

OK< how about two first and a second and maybe 3 next year?

Unless they are head over heels enamored by Tua, why spend that much when they can just pay an extra 2nd or 3rd to the Lions or the Giants?  Worst case scenario they get Herbert.  Everyone knows we're going with Young.    

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Eh, with the Bengals you get a lot of chances. Maybe not. Maybe you're tanking for Trevor. 

After a 2-14 first year. Id have to think this is Zacs year to show improvement or be shown the door. Rivera has a couple years on his side to build.

Zac was a QB coach. If me. Id have to take a hard look at what I could do with Teddy or maybe Jameis while going for Chase in the draft. Thats the most impactful way to start winning right away and secure the job for another year.

• Like 1