2020 Draft thread

lavar703

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

I wouldn't put too much stock in the fact that we met with Tua. IMHO, we need to be meeting with ALL of these guys. Because in a year or two (or three), if a team wants to move them, it is better if we do our due diligence on them now and know what we thought about the prospect coming out of college.

That being said. As much as I want them to take Chase, yes. Everything should be on the table. If someone wants to give us a stupid deal (3 firsts and a 2nd this year PLUS a first next year?) then we have to consider it. And we still might not ending up taking it. But the key here is to never lock yourself in until the very moment you need to.

Not putting any stock into the fact we met Tua, it's due diligence.  It's based on how well Tua is recovering from his injury and recent emphasis that 'everything is on the table' from Kyle + Rivera.  

Tua's value has gone up in the combine.  Great for us, but makes our future decisions more difficult.  

• Like 1

I still don’t get what the draw is for Tua. His injury history is the worst of the players in the top half of the draft and even if he’s getting good “progress reports” for his dislocated and fractured hip, that means little to me if I was picking in the top 10 of the draft. He had one of the most serious injuries an athlete can have. Sure, he can throw now 3 months later, but I’ll cringe the next time he takes a hit. He had two serious ankle injuries the last two years also. To me, he's the biggest risk in the draft for those selecting in the top 10. You can’t just ignore his injury history, he has had serious leg injuries the last two seasons.

3 minutes ago, tredaddy said:

Not putting any stock into the fact we met Tua, it's due diligence.  It's based on how well Tua is recovering from his injury and recent emphasis that 'everything is on the table' from Kyle + Rivera.  

Tua's value has gone up in the combine.  Great for us, but makes our future decisions more difficult.  

Combine? Tua’s not competing in the combine and it hasn't even taken place yet.

3 hours ago, tredaddy said:

Tua's medicals coming back remarkably positive just made things helluva lot more interesting.  I think we have seem to changed our stance of "almost a lock we take Young" to "everything is on the table" now.  

My guess is we have decided internally what our price is to move down.  Gonna be really interesting to see what our price might be. 

WAS could technically get a slew of picks if they can pull off: 

- Trade down with DET (who desperately needs to address their 2nd worst sack total last year) for a 2nd this year and 2021 2nd.  

- Trade down again to MIA/LAC for highest Tua sweepstake bidder for an extra 1st/2nd (being realistic here, don't see 3 1sts happening

That would be pretty juicy.  I still love Young though and hope we take him.  

All it takes is a little bidding war.  It isn't like Miami would be mortgaging their future first rounders like we did for RG3.  

I would also consider other options.  Let's say we swap picks with Detroit, plus they throw in TJ Hockenson.  Then we get Chase Young and Hockenson.  How sweet would that be?

So if Miami wants Tua they are going to have to play to win!

6 minutes ago, offbyone said:

All it takes is a little bidding war.  It isn't like Miami would be mortgaging their future first rounders like we did for RG3.  

I would also consider other options.  Let's say we swap picks with Detroit, plus they throw in TJ Hockenson.  Then we get Chase Young and Hockenson.  How sweet would that be?

So if Miami wants Tua they are going to have to play to win!

Miami essentially traded all of their top-end talent for their picks.  Funneling all of it for Tua would be shocking when they have the most holes on their roster in the entire NFL.  

Crazier things have happened I suppose though.  I mean we were dumb enough to do it :D

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

The individual percentages don't matter all that much.  Those were just based on my personal beliefs of the likelihood the players you named will reach their ceilings.  The point of the post was that the likelihood of those players collectively reaching their respective ceilings is extremely low.

Even if you gave each of those players a 50% chance of reaching their ceilings, there is only a 12.5% chance they all reach their ceilings.  There would be only a 25% chance two of those three players reach their ceilings.  Would you take that over a 50% chance Young reaches his ceiling?

Your personal beliefs can be kept to yourself when I just gave you #Facts. It's a fact Ray Lewis and Ed Reed where picked in the 20's and both are Hall of Fame player's. It's Facts Ozzie knew how to draft players despite where they were drafted. So if I was able to draft Jeudy at #5, McKinney at #18, and Murray at #26 or use the 26th pick to trade up I would do that. They all have potential to be Good to Great players thats why All will be 1st round picks or have 1st round grades. Those are #Facts.

12 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

We do. But what if we just get one good one okay and one role player? 

Witch of my targeted players would be just a Role player? What if Chase Young was to get hurt his 1st play in preseason or the regular season? Your stuck with him missing the whole season and possibly never being the player you drafted him to be.

Edited by Skins212689

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Your personal beliefs can be kept to yourself when I just gave you #Facts. It's a fact Ray Lewis and Ed Reed where picked in the 20's and both are Hall of Fame player's. It's Facts Ozzie knew how to draft players despite where they were drafted. So if I was able to draft Jeudy at #5, McKinney at #18, and Murray at #26 or use the 26th pick to trade up I would do that. They all have potential to be Good to Great players thats why All will be 1st round picks or have 1st round grades. Those are #Facts.

Your #facts come directly from walterfootball brother O.o

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

So, okay, I use Walter for some information, but my tip is to not use them for their football analysis. They're known for copying other people's work and claiming it as their own (or being first), or throwing a lot of poop at the wall and seeing what sticks. They have some good resources on there, I know, but buyer beware. 

My 2 cents because I know you appreciate the FACTS. 

Love my #Facts

11 minutes ago, tredaddy said:

No one said he was competing in the combine.  Medical exams. 

They are promising but his injury is a huge concern. I don't understand how it can be seen any other way. It's one of the most serious injuries an athlete can have. If I were a GM I wouldn't trade up for him and I’d struggle with taking him in the top 10. Being able the throw a ball w/ no contact and being NFL game ready and ready to take hits from 250 to 350 pound defensive players on your body is an entirely different thing.

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

So Ray Lewis and Ed Reed aren't Hall of Famers and weren't drafted by Ozzie in the 20's of their draft class? 

I'm not going down this path again with you my friend :) 

All i know is if Chase Young was touted as the next Lawrence Taylor by walterfootball, youd be telling us trading down is a terrible idea and we should be picking him.  

• Like 2

I find it interesting when some posters post their opinions but they call them facts but then when another poster posts their opinions they're just so wrong bc their opinions can't be factual at all...

Anyone else find that interesting?

We don't all agree on here often, but we need to have some kind of civility in our disagreements instead of saying well what I said was a fact just bc I said it and find some obtuse way to prove your point which hardly has validity meanwhile pointing out when others have their opinions that they can't possibly be right.

The point of this forum is to discuss football and our opinions on what we have about redskins, etc. Discuss the points, don't attack the other posters.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round #Facts.  Antonio Brown was drafted in the 6th round #Facts.  Jason Kelce was drafted in the 6th round #Facts.

I say we keep trading back until we have 30 6th round picks and we'll obviously draft All-Pros with all of those picks. #BIGfacts

• Like 2