2020 Draft thread

lavar703

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round #Facts.  Antonio Brown was drafted in the 6th round #Facts.  Jason Kelce was drafted in the 6th round #Facts.

I say we keep trading back until we have 30 6th round picks and we'll obviously draft All-Pros with all of those picks. #BIGfacts

Jason Peters went undrafted #Facts.  Arian Foster went undrafted #Facts.  Antonio Gates went undrafted #Facts.  James Harrison went undrafted #Facts

Let's just skip the draft boys.  We don't need it

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, tredaddy said:

I'm not going down this path again with you my friend :) 

All i know is if Chase Young was touted as the next Lawrence Taylor by walterfootball, youd be telling us trading down is a terrible idea and we should be picking him.  

If his on the field play showed he was actually capable taking over a game like LT than I'd being saying he MUST be picked. Even if he was a Safety with Sean Taylor abilities I'd say you Must take him. There are ways to stop Chase Young unlike both Sean and Lawrence Taylor. 

The 49er's losing to the Chief's with Multiple 1st round picks on their D is what convinced me if offered 3 1st round picks or more for pick #2 I'm taking that deal. Young can be doubled team and possibly taken out of a game. You can't stop all 3 of the player's I WOULD draft. Plus the Redskins aren't a Chase Young away from the SuperBowl. I gurantee if Young is drafted by the Skins they still won't be in the SuperBowl next year. 

Edited by Skins212689

12 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round #Facts.  Antonio Brown was drafted in the 6th round #Facts.  Jason Kelce was drafted in the 6th round #Facts.

I say we keep trading back until we have 30 6th round picks and we'll obviously draft All-Pros with all of those picks. #BIGfacts

I already made this point, but I said those guys are harder to find by GMs. 

20 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I find it interesting when some posters post their opinions but they call them facts but then when another poster posts their opinions they're just so wrong bc their opinions can't be factual at all...

Anyone else find that interesting?

We don't all agree on here often, but we need to have some kind of civility in our disagreements instead of saying well what I said was a fact just bc I said it and find some obtuse way to prove your point which hardly has validity meanwhile pointing out when others have their opinions that they can't possibly be right.

The point of this forum is to discuss football and our opinions on what we have about redskins, etc. Discuss the points, don't attack the other posters.

It's facts Ray and Ed are Hall of Famers drafted in the 20's of their draft class. Young has yet to play a down in theNFL but Most are calling it a Fact he's a can't miss player. That isn't a FACT. It will be a Fact if Young is drafted by the Skins at #2 they still won't be in the SuperBowl come January or Febuary of 2021 because they aren't 1 player away from the SuperBowl. 

Edited by Skins212689

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Just like it's harder to find All-Pros in the late first compared to a top 5 pick.

Not when you have a good GM that knows how to pick talent. No one has yet to say why those 3 players aren't good or great picks. People are just sooo Chase Young crazy they can't even think past Chase Young. 

33 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Witch of my targeted players would be just a Role player? What if Chase Young was to get hurt his 1st play in preseason or the regular season? Your stuck with him missing the whole season and possibly never being the player you drafted him to be.

Chase young can be a role player so any player mentioned could be a roll player there’s a lot of factors that come into players panning out

• Like 1

Here's an idea. Let's discuss this draft. Let's discuss mid and late round prospects. Discussing the same thing day after day is nauseating. I leave for a week, come back and the same discussion is going on. Pretty clear we're not going go agree on that topic.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Chase young can be a role player so any player mentioned could be a roll player there’s a lot of factors that come into players panning out

Why are you drafting a role player at #2? People were down Ryan Anderson throat and he was drafted in the 2nd round. 

18 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

It's facts Ray and Ed are Hall of Famers drafted in the 20's of their draft class. Young has yet to play a down in theNFL but Most are calling it a Fact he's a can't miss player. That isn't a FACT. It will be a Fact if Young is drafted by the Skins at #2 they still won't be in the SuperBowl come January or Febuary of 2021 because they aren't 1 player away from the SuperBowl. 

Jonathan Ogden was also drafted by the Ravens in the Ray Lewis draft - before Ray Lewis - a LT at #4 overall who is a Hall of Fame player. Heard of him?

It's true a great player can be drafted anywhere or be undrafted and become one of the best of all time like London Fletcher. That doesn't change the fact that the best prospects and your best chance to find that great player are ”USUALLY” at the top of the draft.

Both can be and are true.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

Why are you drafting a role player at #2? People were down Ryan Anderson throat and he was drafted in the 2nd round. 

I’m talking about it’s a possibility he just becomes a good player along with every other player that’s ever been drafted. 

24 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Not when you have a good GM that knows how to pick talent. No one has yet to say why those 3 players aren't good or great picks. People are just sooo Chase Young crazy they can't even think past Chase Young. 

I think it would be helpful for you to read this article: https://www.hogshaven.com/2015/3/1/8083611/scot-mccloughan-and-the-nfls-best-and-worst-drafting-gms

In particular, scroll down to the table named "Executive-Level Draft Picks - Small Sample Size GMs Removed".  You'll see that even the best GMs in the league hover around a 23% rate of picking a starter.  Starter percentage is defined as "the number of years that a player was the primary starter on their team.  This metric divides the number of years in a player's career by their number of years as a primary starter.  The percentage for each player drafted by the GM is then averaged together to get this number."

And you're not just talking starter.  You're talking All-Pro.  Which would lower the percentage chance of hitting on a draft pick by an astronomical amount.

But you seem to want to ignore math, so let's look at the prospect grades on NFL.com for these prospects you're so intent on drafting:

Option A

Jerry Jeudy - 6.86 grade (Year 1 Quality Starter)

Xavier McKinney - 6.70 grade (Year 1 Quality Starter)

Kenneth Murray - 6.48 grade (Boom or Bust Prospect)

So you have two prospects who are projected to be quality starters early on in their careers and one prospect who is considered boom or bust.  Compare that to:

Option B

Chase Young - 7.40 grade (Perennial All-Pro)

You are likely the only person who sees those three guys as future All-Pros, so I'm asking you to ignore that evaluation for now.  If you were choosing based on the grades above, which option would you choose?

Edited by HTTRDynasty
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

People get impressed when you shove around 2* level talent. Same people that probably set a BBall goal at 8 foot then celebrate when they dunk on their 10yo.

1 hour ago, tredaddy said:

Miami essentially traded all of their top-end talent for their picks.  Funneling all of it for Tua would be shocking when they have the most holes on their roster in the entire NFL.  

Crazier things have happened I suppose though.  I mean we were dumb enough to do it :D

I think it's debatable that the Dolphins have the most holes of any team in the NFL. I mean, they actually weren't bad the second half of the year. They would have beaten us if they had actually started Ryan Fitzpatrick all game. He almost brought them back to beat us.

I agree though, I don't think they should trade up. I think they should sit at 5 and hope Tua is there. If he isn't, they can take Herbert or another player to develop. There will be QBs they can take next year when they likely will be picking top 10 again.