2020 Draft thread

lavar703

And I finally listened to the Mel Kiper segment today about the Redskins taking Tua. It’s even dumber when you hear him actually say it. Take Tua and have him and Haskins battle it out and whoever loses you trade away....I appreciate everything Kiper has done for the draft and the guy works his butt off but my lord this is dumb. He also goes on to say if you take Tua it doesn’t mean you’re giving up on Haskins...uh hello! That’s exactly what it means lol

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

And I finally listened to the Mel Kiper segment today about the Redskins taking Tua. It’s even dumber when you hear him actually say it. Take Tua and have him and Haskins battle it out and whoever loses you trade away....I appreciate everything Kiper has done for the draft and the guy works his butt off but my lord this is dumb. He also goes on to say if you take Tua it doesn’t mean you’re giving up on Haskins...uh hello! That’s exactly what it means lol

He's gotta fill a segment with new stuff. So of course the Tua dumbness which is that segment.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Of course he's dumb, he's a Ravens fan!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

Why won't you or anyone else comment on why those 3 player's wouldn't help the TEAM? 

No one has said they won't. Most people in the forums point is - and a point you fail to acknowledge - is that Chase Young gives the Redskins the best chance at finding the super star they've needed since RG3 hurt his knee in 2012 bc get this, Chase Young is the best prospect in the draft. 

Usually when you draft high in the draft and are able to take a better prospect you get a better player. Now, that's not always true as you've pointed out and yes, we all know that too.

Still, there's a better chance you get a superstar NFL player if you take the guy who was the most impactful/dominant college football player last year and that player was Chase Young. If he hadn't been suspended for two games for a ridiculous rule of taking $ he paid back from a family friend so his GF could attend his bowl game last year, he probably would've had 19 or 20 sacks and 25 tackles for loss last year in 14 games!

Because he was suspended he had 16.5 sacks & 21.5 tackles for loss in just 12 games! That's unreal production!

I think when some look at his production - which is all-time NCAA history type production in a season for a college DL - they also forget that he was suspended for two games.

He had 16.5 sacks - 8 more than Nick Bosa when he was healthy in 2017 - and Bosa played two more games then Chase did in 2017 vs Young’s 2019 season.

Bosa had 16 tackles for loss in 2017, Chase young had more sacks (16.5) then Bosa had tackles for loss. Chase had 21.5 tackles for loss even though he missed two games.

Would you take Bosa on the Redskins over two or three lesser players if you would have traded down from #2 last year?

The answer should be yes, bc Bosa was the NFL Rookie Defensive Player of the Year and a key reason the 49ers D improved so much and helped lead them to the playoffs.

And, if you’d want Bosa, why wouldn't you want Chase Young who is a better player then even Bosa who was the Rookie Defensive Player of the Year?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

No one has said they won't. Most people in the forums point is - and a point you fail to acknowledge - is that Chase Young gives the Redskins the best chance at finding the super star they've needed since RG3 hurt his knee in 2012 bc get this, Chase Young is the best prospect in the draft. 

Usually when you draft high in the draft and are able to take a better prospect you get a better player. Now, that's not always true as you've pointed out and yes, we all know that too.

Still, there's a better chance you get a superstar NFL player if you take the guy who was the most impactful/dominant college football player last year and that player was Chase Young. If he hadn't been suspended for two games for a ridiculous rule of taking $ he paid back from a family friend so his GF could attend his bowl game last year, he probably would've had 19 or 20 sacks and 25 tackles for loss last year in 14 games!

Because he was suspended he had 16.5 sacks & 21.5 tackles for loss in just 12 games! That's unreal production!

I think when some look at his production - which is all-time NCAA history type production in a season for a college DL - they also forget that he was suspended for two games.

He had 16.5 sacks - 8 more than Nick Bosa when he was healthy in 2017 - and Bosa played two more games then Chase did in 2017 vs Young’s 2019 season.

Bosa had 16 tackles for loss in 2017, Chase young had more sacks (16.5) then Bosa had tackles for loss. Chase had 21.5 tackles for loss even though he missed two games.

Would you take Bosa on the Redskins over two or three lesser players if you would have traded down from #2 last year?

The answer should be yes, bc Bosa was the NFL Rookie Defensive Player of the Year and a key reason the 49ers D improved so much and helped lead them to the playoffs.

And, if you’d want Bosa, why wouldn't you want Chase Young who is a better player then even Bosa who was the Rookie Defensive Player of the Year?

Yet Chase Young is no QB, LT, or Sean Taylor so if I can get 3 different player's who can affect the game more than just 1 Chase Young I'm going to do that. The outcome of SuperBowl backs my statement up. The 1st round drafted QB beat out how many other 1st round drafted DE's? Bosa 1 sack didn't have the Same effect as Mahomes leading the Cheifs back from being down 10. 

Tua being the Target a team may be willing to trade up for and is a QB. Rivera has said options are open. 

Edited by Skins212689

@turtle28 don’t bother dude.  He believes the three 1st round picks are all future hall of famers because Ozzie Newman has done it before..

@Skins212689 hope you realize Ozzie was the best in the business and drafted these HoFs separately over the span of two decadeS.... getting all 3 of them in one draft would make it astronomically the best draft in NFL history, you realize that right? 

Edited by tredaddy

Like I said before. If were basing off college stats. We be screaming about drafting every Leach/Hawaii qb.

Chase against that FAU line. 1.5 sacks

Chase against Miami-Ohio. 2 sacks.. All after being up big and a backup qb brought out for M-O

Chase against NW. 1 sack. NW using a Backup Guard at LT.

Sacks start adding up.

Then Chase went crazy and put up 4 sacks against Wisconsin. (which he followed with 0 sacks against them Dec 7th)

OSU is FAR more talented than Wisconsin and would have beat them even without him. But their one game against EQUAL COMPETITION in Clemson. He got 0.  Clemson geared that offense to nullify him and attack the rest of the defense.

The NFL will treat him the same as Clemson and nullify him as best they can while attacking the rest. Home stretch the Redskins defense allowed 40ppg. For the season we had the only team to avg under 17ppg at 16.6. Were not OSU with talent to match up against anyone. So we get Chase and instead of that 40ppg stretch opponents adv only 30. While our offense cant score 20. Cause we lacked talent all over the place and some dont want to bring in the talent needed to fill holes.

Again. Chase is a GREAT player. Clemson geared their entire offense around him and stopping him. Wisconsin too that 2nd matchup. But 1 man cant do it alone. It takes an entire defense to stop teams. And we have 1 decent DB and not much else behind that defensive front. We need talent brought in. Which is why Id be listening to every offer teams wanted to make. And the right one would get me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Yet Chase Young is no QB, LT, or Sean Taylor so if I can get 3 different player's who can affect the game more than just 1 Chase Young I'm going to do that. The outcome of SuperBowl backs my statement.up. The 1st round drafted QB beat out how many other 1st round drafted DE's? 

Tua being the Target a team may be willing to trade up for and is a QB. Rivera has said options are open. 

But you don’t know Chase young could be the best player to ever play though. Your using whatever you take from chase in your argument saying you will get these things out of your players. And ultimately your just drafting for need which isn’t what you do in round 1 and your passing on the best prospect to come out in some time, which is the biggest need this team has is some superstars level player. That is our biggest need. Terry gave us a flash Guice has given a flash. But we haven’t had a superstar since ST and he never got to hold that down due to time. But if you think that those 3 players are better then chase your scouting report IMO is completely dead wrong. I’m not saying they can’t pan out I like those players I do. But Chase Young is the best player I’ve laid eyes on in college outside of Burrow this year in some time.

8 hours ago, tredaddy said:

@turtle28 don’t bother dude.  He believes the three 1st round picks are all future hall of famers because Ozzie Newman has done it before..

@Skins212689 hope you realize Ozzie was the best in the business and drafted these HoFs separately over the span of two decadeS.... getting all 3 of them in one draft would make it astronomically the best draft in NFL history, you realize that right? 

I hope you realize my goal as a Redskin GM would be to be the best as Well just like Ozzie. So with those 3 1st rounders I would Work my *** off to make sure I selected the right players that Fit what the Team Needs and what Rivera wants in a player. JJ Watt, Julio Jones, Patrick Peterson, AJ Green, Tyron Smith, Ryan Kerrigan, Cameron Jordon, Robert Quinn all Good to Great Football players who came out of the same draft class. I can't make this up. 

Would I pass up on Von Miller who went #2 for a Patrick Peterson or Julio Jones who went #5 and #6, Cameron Jordan who went #24 and a Jimmy Smith, Mark Ingram, Muhammad Wilkerson, or Cameron Heywood who all were still available at #26? YES I would for a Team that's NOT 1 DOMINATE PASS RUSHER AWAY FROM A SUPERBOWL.

Also as said those 3 1st round picks give you the flexibility to make trades. Meaning I could've possibly traded up from 18 to 16 to get a Ryan Kerrigan, 18 to 11 to get JJ Watt definitely securing me a trio of Julio Jones, JJ Watt or Ryan Kerrigan or Cameron Jordan, and Jimmy Smith over just selecting Von Miller at #2. 

Edited by Skins212689

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

But you don’t know Chase young could be the best player to ever play though. Your using whatever you take from chase in your argument saying you will get these things out of your players. And ultimately your just drafting for need which isn’t what you do in round 1 and your passing on the best prospect to come out in some time, which is the biggest need this team has is some superstars level player. That is our biggest need. Terry gave us a flash Guice has given a flash. But we haven’t had a superstar since ST and he never got to hold that down due to time. But if you think that those 3 players are better then chase your scouting report IMO is completely dead wrong. I’m not saying they can’t pan out I like those players I do. But Chase Young is the best player I’ve laid eyes on in college outside of Burrow this year in some time.

Chase Young was the most DOMINATE player in college football yet Ohio State didn't win the College Championship. Why because the most DOMINATE QB got hot and teams were able to find ways to shut down the DOMINATE Pass Rush yet not the DOMINATE QB. 

15 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Chase Young was the most DOMINATE player in college football yet Ohio State didn't win the College Championship. Why because the most DOMINATE QB got hot and teams were able to find ways to shut down the DOMINATE Pass Rush yet not the DOMINATE QB. 

So let’s take Young this year and then Lawrence next year. Problem solved. 

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So let’s take Young this year and then Lawrence next year. Problem solved. 

We already have the most DOMINATE QB of his draft year on a our roster, it's to early to say he needs to be replaced. Haskins 50 Td only 6 INTs I believe his 1 DOMINATE season in college. 

Edited by Skins212689

14 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

We already have the most DOMINATE QB of his draft year on a our roster, it's to early to say he needs to be replaced. Haskins 50 Td only 6 INTs I believe his 1 DOMINATE season in college. 

I’m just going off of what you posted. Chase Young got beat by Lawrence therefor Lawrence is more important. So just suck again and take them both. 

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’m just going off of what you posted. Chase Young got beat by Lawrence therefor Lawrence is more important. So just suck again and take them both. 

No you already have Haskins. If you don't want them drafting Tua why would you want Lawrence? I've always said the Team isn't 1 Dominate Pass Rusher away from the SuperBowl that's why I would be interested in 3 1st round picks over just taking Young at #2. 

Edited by Skins212689