2020 Draft thread

lavar703

42 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Chase Young was the most DOMINATE player in college football yet Ohio State didn't win the College Championship. Why because the most DOMINATE QB got hot and teams were able to find ways to shut down the DOMINATE Pass Rush yet not the DOMINATE QB. 

I get that but bad teams pass on great players for lesser players. The browns have passed on player Qb Player Aqib for picks still suck. The rams didn’t even compete with the RG trade. The titans were a ryan Tannehill away from sucking again after taking a boat load of picks. Yeah the idea sells easy more high picks more high caliber of players throughout yes it’s great. But you Have to Hit those picks and it seems like there’s more misses. Chase isn’t worth missing for 4 potential hopefuls. Look at the raiders. They got picks from Mack and down the line I believe they will be okay. But how great we’re all their picks. More often then not the boatload of high picks turns into a boatload of busts!!!! The vikings picked griffin good to great and Patterson and teddy. 2 are gone!! No SB’s which you say you want. Not one team that traded down of any have as you said WON a SB

we did it with Ricky Williams still sucked!! Take chase bud I love your passion about winning I’m in there brother!!!!! But this is one you just don’t let get away trust me baring injury this is the player we all want here

Edited by ripsean21

9 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I get that but bad teams pass on great players for lesser players. The browns have passed on player Qb Player Aqib for picks still suck. The rams didn’t even compete with the RG trade. The titans were a ryan Tannehill away from sucking again after taking a boat load of picks. Yeah the idea sells easy more high picks more high caliber of players throughout yes it’s great. But you Have to Hit those picks and it seems like there’s more misses. Chase isn’t worth missing for 4 potential hopefuls. Look at the raiders. They got picks from Mack and down the line I believe they will be okay. But how great we’re all their picks. More often then not the boatload of high picks turns into a boatload of busts!!!! The vikings picked griffin good to great and Patterson and teddy. 2 are gone!! No SB’s which you say you want. Not one team that traded down of any have as you said WON a SB

we did it with Ricky Williams still sucked!! Take chase bud I love your passion about winning I’m in there brother!!!!! But this is one you just don’t let get away trust me baring injury this is the player we all want here

Would I pass on Von Miller who went #2 for a Patrick Peterson or Julio Jones who went #5 and #6, Cameron Jordan who went #24 and a Jimmy Smith, Mark Ingram, Muhammad Wilkerson, or Cameron Heywood who all were still available at #26? YES I would for a Team that's NOT 1 DOMINATE PASS RUSHER AWAY FROM A SUPERBOWL.

Also as said those 3 1st round picks give you the flexibility to make trades. Meaning I could've possibly traded up from 18 to 16 to get a Ryan Kerrigan, 18 to 11 to get JJ Watt definitely securing me a trio of Julio Jones, JJ Watt or Ryan Kerrigan or Cameron Jordan, and Jimmy Smith over just selecting Von Miller. 

The Biggest reason the Skins are picking at #2 is coaching, 2nd is because they need Multilpe pieces not just 1 Dominate Pass Rusher. Are there not any other Pass Rushers in this draft but Young? Yes I know he is the Most DOMINATE but that doesn't mean others won't be effective in the NFL. Just like other DE's and player's who weren't DE's selected after Von Miller. 

Edited by Skins212689

9 hours ago, tredaddy said:

@turtle28 don’t bother dude.  He believes the three 1st round picks are all future hall of famers because Ozzie Newman has done it before..

@Skins212689 hope you realize Ozzie was the best in the business and drafted these HoFs separately over the span of two decadeS.... getting all 3 of them in one draft would make it astronomically the best draft in NFL history, you realize that right? 

I try not to, but it frustrates me when people don't see something so obvious to almost everyone else.

It really doesn't matter in the end what someones opinion is. Most of us know having a dominant edge rusher like. Chase can help us win as many games or more then what we might get in a trade down when we take lesser or talented players. He’s so dominant.

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Would I pass on Von Miller who went #2 for a Patrick Peterson or Julio Jones who went #5 and #6, Cameron Jordan who went #24 and a Jimmy Smith, Mark Ingram, Muhammad Wilkerson, or Cameron Heywood who all were still available at #26? YES I would for a Team that's NOT 1 DOMINATE PASS RUSHER AWAY FROM A SUPERBOWL.

Also as said those 3 1st round picks give you the flexibility to make trades. Meaning I could've possibly traded up from 18 to 16 to get a Ryan Kerrigan, 18 to 11 to get JJ Watt definitely securing me a trio of Julio Jones, JJ Watt or Ryan Kerrigan or Cameron Jordan, and Jimmy Smith over just selecting Von Miller. 

The Biggest reason the Skins are picking at #2 is coaching, 2nd is because they need Multilpe pieces not just 1 Dominate Pass Rusher. 

That’s highensight picks though!!! And that was a draft class that more resembles last years so yes you need defense last year 3 high picks would get you a good crop. This year yeah if you  need WR RB and Edge yeah have a lot of picks. But it depends on the need and the strength of the class at those needs. If your picking this high and aren’t going to just take the best player which if I’m not taking the best player period over anything else I’m making a mistake in my opinion but that’s me

8 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Like I said before. If were basing off college stats. We be screaming about drafting every Leach/Hawaii qb.

Chase against that FAU line. 1.5 sacks

Chase against Miami-Ohio. 2 sacks.. All after being up big and a backup qb brought out for M-O

Chase against NW. 1 sack. NW using a Backup Guard at LT.

Sacks start adding up.

Then Chase went crazy and put up 4 sacks against Wisconsin. (which he followed with 0 sacks against them Dec 7th)

OSU is FAR more talented than Wisconsin and would have beat them even without him. But their one game against EQUAL COMPETITION in Clemson. He got 0.  Clemson geared that offense to nullify him and attack the rest of the defense.

The NFL will treat him the same as Clemson and nullify him as best they can while attacking the rest. Home stretch the Redskins defense allowed 40ppg. For the season we had the only team to avg under 17ppg at 16.6. Were not OSU with talent to match up against anyone. So we get Chase and instead of that 40ppg stretch opponents adv only 30. While our offense cant score 20. Cause we lacked talent all over the place and some dont want to bring in the talent needed to fill holes.

Again. Chase is a GREAT player. Clemson geared their entire offense around him and stopping him. Wisconsin too that 2nd matchup. But 1 man cant do it alone. It takes an entire defense to stop teams. And we have 1 decent DB and not much else behind that defensive front. We need talent brought in. Which is why Id be listening to every offer teams wanted to make. And the right one would get me.

You shouldn’t pass on elite talent. No one is acting like we are one player away. In the draft you take the best player you can and you build around that player. 

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I try not to, but it frustrates me when people don't see something so obvious to almost everyone else.

It really doesn't matter in the end what someones opinion is. Most of us know having a dominant edge rusher like. Chase can help us win as many games or more then what we might get in a trade down when we take lesser or talented players. He’s so dominant.

Let's reframe from this type of thinking. This is America so it's A Great Thing we All don't think Alike! 

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

That’s highensight picks though!!! And that was a draft class that more resembles last years so yes you need defense last year 3 high picks would get you a good crop. This year yeah if you  need WR RB and Edge yeah have a lot of picks. But it depends on the need and the strength of the class at those needs. If your picking this high and aren’t going to just take the best player which if I’m not taking the best player period over anything else I’m making a mistake in my opinion but that’s me

Your more than welcome to have your opinion just as I am. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Like I said before. If were basing off college stats. We be screaming about drafting every Leach/Hawaii qb.

Chase against that FAU line. 1.5 sacks

Chase against Miami-Ohio. 2 sacks.. All after being up big and a backup qb brought out for M-O

Chase against NW. 1 sack. NW using a Backup Guard at LT.

Sacks start adding up.

Then Chase went crazy and put up 4 sacks against Wisconsin. (which he followed with 0 sacks against them Dec 7th)

OSU is FAR more talented than Wisconsin and would have beat them even without him. But their one game against EQUAL COMPETITION in Clemson. He got 0.  Clemson geared that offense to nullify him and attack the rest of the defense.

The NFL will treat him the same as Clemson and nullify him as best they can while attacking the rest. Home stretch the Redskins defense allowed 40ppg. For the season we had the only team to avg under 17ppg at 16.6. Were not OSU with talent to match up against anyone. So we get Chase and instead of that 40ppg stretch opponents adv only 30. While our offense cant score 20. Cause we lacked talent all over the place and some dont want to bring in the talent needed to fill holes.

Again. Chase is a GREAT player. Clemson geared their entire offense around him and stopping him. Wisconsin too that 2nd matchup. But 1 man cant do it alone. It takes an entire defense to stop teams. And we have 1 decent DB and not much else behind that defensive front. We need talent brought in. Which is why Id be listening to every offer teams wanted to make. And the right one would get me.

You should watch Brent Kollmans analysis on Chase Young.  Just because he had 0 sacks does not mean he did not have an impact.  Clemson had to change their entire offensive gameplan completely just to accommodate Chase Young's presence.  

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

I hope you realize my goal as a Redskin GM would be to be the best as Well just like Ozzie. So with those 3 1st rounders I would Work my *** off to make sure I selected the right players that Fit what the Team Needs and what Rivera wants in a player. JJ Watt, Julio Jones, Patrick Peterson, AJ Green, Tyron Smith, Ryan Kerrigan, Cameron Jordon, Robert Quinn all Good to Great Football players who came out of the same draft class. I can't make this up. 

Would I pass up on Von Miller who went #2 for a Patrick Peterson or Julio Jones who went #5 and #6, Cameron Jordan who went #24 and a Jimmy Smith, Mark Ingram, Muhammad Wilkerson, or Cameron Heywood who all were still available at #26? YES I would for a Team that's NOT 1 DOMINATE PASS RUSHER AWAY FROM A SUPERBOWL.

Also as said those 3 1st round picks give you the flexibility to make trades. Meaning I could've possibly traded up from 18 to 16 to get a Ryan Kerrigan, 18 to 11 to get JJ Watt definitely securing me a trio of Julio Jones, JJ Watt or Ryan Kerrigan or Cameron Jordan, and Jimmy Smith over just selecting Von Miller at #2. 

You're just not getting it man... you're constantly using the same wrong logic to support your argument over and over again.  You can't seem to grasp how difficult it is to land a player like the ones you're mentioning in the draft despite the entire Redskins fanbase on this forum providing you very logical reasonings and examples why your logic does not make sense.

I'm sure all 32 GMs "works their *** off" for the draft and yet 70% of draft picks end up becoming busts.  I've given up trying to get this through your head.    

8 minutes ago, tredaddy said:

You're just not getting it man... you're constantly using the same wrong logic to support your argument over and over again.  You can't seem to grasp how difficult it is to land a player like the ones you're mentioning in the draft despite the entire Redskins fanbase on this forum providing you very logical reasonings and examples why your logic does not make sense.

I'm sure all 32 GMs "works their *** off" for the draft and yet 70% of draft picks end up becoming busts.  I've given up trying to get this through your head.    

No the FanBase is so caught on Chase Young Most won't study #Facts. 

It's Facts JJ Watt and Von Miller came out the same draft class. One going #2 the other going #11, both ended up being Pretty Damn Good Pass Rushers in the NFL.#Facts

Edited by Skins212689

16 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Your more than welcome to have your opinion just as I am. 

I get it brother. I’m not completely disagreeing because I can give you 3 names I love I’d be okay with at the end of the day that I think fit this staffs plans to a tee. But will they be there? Idk. Will they pan out? I also don’t know. But I do know it would take a haul only one team can give and I don’t think they part with it. So I’m more on the just take chase or move too 3 to add a 2nd or so. But I respect your view. I’m just challenging your opinion as you are mine all love bud

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You shouldn’t pass on elite talent. No one is acting like we are one player away. In the draft you take the best player you can and you build around that player. 

Thats why I say the "Right trade". Otherwise yeah Ill take him. He is a tremendous talent.

But if I have the potential for a top 10 pick next year in a FANTASTIC CLASS and the year after. Im drooling just thinking about it. Who we can get this year and add Chase, Fields, Sewell, Ross or the likes next along with our natural pick. Im down for that. Despise it all you want.

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

No the FanBase is so caught on Chase Young Most won't study #Facts. 

It's Facts JJ Watt and Von Miller came out the same draft class. One going #2 the other going #11, both ended up being Pretty Damn Good Pass Rushers in the NFL.#Facts

Again, you completely disregard the many other pass rush draft picks who don’t pan out.

I got a challenge for you actually.  Name the first round pass rushers not named Chase Young who will do well in their careers.  I’ll save your message and we’ll see how you pan out Mr Ozzie.