2020 Draft thread

lavar703

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Like going back over Tua and he reminds me of SamBradford. Not his game they play very different but he just strikes me as a guy you get early light from after he takes his lesson learning the game then he just gets this injury and that injury almost like Stafford

Yes, and I remember being against drafting Sam - and we never had a chance for him anyway - bc he was hurt a lot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, and I remember being against drafting Sam - and we never had a chance for him anyway - bc he was hurt a lot.

Constantly. And that hindered him. He flashed he had moments he just always always always got hurt. Stafford and Big Ben even for a while had that always hurt label. But we will see he has talent it’s clearly evident he can spin it. But he did have good WR’s even if I did feel at times his OL let him down. But he could easily return the favor to them moving around

8 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Constantly. And that hindered him. He flashed he had moments he just always always always got hurt. Stafford and Big Ben even for a while had that always hurt label. But we will see he has talent it’s clearly evident he can spin it. But he did have good WR’s even if I did feel at times his OL let him down. But he could easily return the favor to them moving around

Ben didn’t have many serious injuries that cost him a year though until last year. Sam tore his ACL twice in the same knee and he had a serious shoulder injury his junior year at OU.

6 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Hows that JMU LB that got 16 1/2 sacks? Is he any kind of a pro prospect? Maybe as a SS with his weight.

He's 6'3 230lbs. He was a guy that teams doubled a lot and he still got home.

Speed rusher but who also has other moves/tools in his arsenal.

Could switch to OLB, but I'd like to see him put on 10-15 pounds to do it. 

Not sure about SS.

If we could get him in the 5th or 6th, we will be happy with him!

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Only player I'm willing to pass up Chase for is Burrow. And he'll be gone at #1

He’s the only player you could actually take over Young if your going off their grades best offensive player who happens to be a QB! Then best defender and happens to be a Edge. Both are the top ranked players and their rated at the highest valued position i think it’s pretty easy especially if you look at their production grades and how their level of play lines up to years past these guys are a legit one two I don’t think it’s that close. Okudah and Simmons are next for me but they aren’t Chase. And I mean I love Clemson I love Simmons he’s my favorite player in the draft but Chase is a beast. Seen him live in HS a few times this guys Foreal!!!

• Like 1

On 2/26/2020 at 6:56 AM, Doc Draper said:

I get lit but will a rookie gm have the sack to pass on what everyone views as a can’t miss pass rusher? I’d need more than a first in next three drafts- that’s only equivalent to a first second and third in this draft using time value discounting ( where oh where is our math nerd @Woz

back but catching up is going to take awhile ...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Woz said:

back but catching up is going to take awhile ...

Glad to have you back, it’s been a madhouse w/o you! Ok, well mostly just me, ”I’ve been a reck! But tis good to have the boss man back!

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, but since after Sean Taylor was killed in 2007 and I've been really active in the forum since 2007, you've been the man. You'll always have my respect.

tenor.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Glad to have you back, it’s been a madhouse w/o you! Ok, well mostly just me, ”I’ve been a reck! But tis good to have the boss man back!

AHEM!!

The boss would be my wife...thank you very much.

• Like 3