2020 Draft thread

lavar703

6 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Nah, got to own the team longer than he has 

how many moves/decisions has Dan made? 
how many were successful

successful moves / total moves = worst owner of all time 

I think your view is clouded bc you hate him for what he's done to a one greatly run franchise under Cooke, but he’s not the worst owners. He’s no where near the top half, but he's not the worst. Definitely in the bottom 5.

59 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Haslam and Snyder are far and away the worst owners in football. 

Not debatable. Snyder has made the playoffs twice this decade, twice last decade and in 99 as owner - even though that was a team he inherited - and Haslam’s Browns teams have never even been to the playoffs.

So to me, it's pretty easy to say Haslam is the worst.

Edited by turtle28

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Am I seeing it right that Chase has the highest PFF grade of any of the players but they still have him behind Burrow, Baker & Kyler?

Makes no sense. 

PFF is terrible. They need to go the way of the dodo. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Am I seeing it right that Chase has the highest PFF grade of any of the players but they still have him behind Burrow, Baker & Kyler?

Makes no sense. 

I loved baker as a prospect but by no means did I have him up there with my grade on Murray and my grade on Burrow or above Chase. I think there’s a slight bias because he had instant sucsess in the league. He has holes in his game but he is a gamer almost like Rivers. But he had holes in his game for sure

• Like 1

On 3/11/2020 at 11:09 PM, Doc Draper said:

Nah, got to own the team longer than he has 

how many moves/decisions has Dan made? 
how many were successful

successful moves / total moves = worst owner of all time 

Haslam and Snyder are tied at the bottom IMO.  At least Snyder got some good traction out of the Gibbs 2.0 run.  Haslam has yet to get much, and he even did a move that's been panned from the beginning by bringing in baseball guys to run a football front office.  

11 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I loved baker as a prospect but by no means did I have him up there with my grade on Murray and my grade on Burrow or above Chase. I think there’s a slight bias because he had instant sucsess in the league. He has holes in his game but he is a gamer almost like Rivers. But he had holes in his game for sure

Baker can play ball, but I still don’t like his attitude. I don’t think his attitude is conducive to winning in a team sport. A QB needs to be confident but not too cocky, Baker is on the wrong side of that ledger for me. He’s better than Johnny Manziel as a player clearly, but their attitudes are similar and I think when you’re the leader of 52 other guys that it rubs some people the wrong way and will create issues in the lockeroom. See last year.

Edited by turtle28

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Haslam and Snyder are tied at the bottom IMO.  At least Snyder got some good traction out of the Gibbs 2.0 run.  Haslam has yet to get much, and he even did a move that's been panned from the beginning by bringing in baseball guys to run a football front office.  

Haslam is by far worse, but they’re both awful. Let’s just put it this way:

The Redskins were:

62-97-1 in the last 10 years w/ 2 playoff appearances 

The Browns were:

42-117-1 with zero playoff appearances 

And, the browns last decade passed on Julio Jones & Carson Wentz. It's really not close.

Browns fans gladly would’ve taken 4 playoff appearances this century - winning one game - over what they've had.

Edited by turtle28