2020 Draft thread

lavar703

30 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

After this super lackluster free agency they better draft Chase Young. 

I don't know, they have so many holes jk, jk. Chase Young better be the pick and he's going to be the best player on a young talented and developing team! I can't wait!

• Like 2

What round would you be okay with selecting Albert O with his character concerns? And what round do you guys grade Tyler Johnson out of Minn? I think I have Johnson rated higher then most but he reminds me of like a mix of Garcon and Boldin he’s just a tough guy I believe he’s going to be a Terry type he’s gonna win a roster spot and he’s going to just play man ball against DB’s!!!! He finds zones and he can pluck anything out of the air. Tough to bring down a wiling blocker and he’s going to be a steal he’s very good

Albert O would be a guy I’d consider taking in the 4th. He’s honestly not that good a “football player” right now — super raw from a routes and technique standpoint, not a blocker, not much edge to him. But the guy is big and damn can he run! To me, he’s probably a multi-year project. A gamble with high upside, but absolutely a lot of total bust potential too. He won’t help early on in any role, really, so I couldn’t take him before the 4th personally. 

Tyler Johnson is sorta the exact opposite. What a good player, he does so many things well and he works/fights his *** off. He’s a winning player. But...it’s very concerning to me that he skipped the testing at the combine and now almost certainly won’t be doing any athletic testing at all. He plays like a guy who wouldn’t have impressed on those sorts of tests, and the fact that he was sorta running from them is a problem. How bad would his 40 have been? How tight is he? Concerning. He’s kinda Kelvin Harmon, and how much of an upgrade can we really expect him to be if we have to assume he’s also a poor athlete? Another guy I think is just too risky to go on Day 2. Would be in the mix in the 4th for me, depending on who else is there. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

Albert O would be a guy I’d consider taking in the 4th. He’s honestly not that good a “football player” right now — super raw from a routes and technique standpoint, not a blocker, not much edge to him. But the guy is big and damn can he run! To me, he’s probably a multi-year project. A gamble with high upside, but absolutely a lot of total bust potential too. He won’t help early on in any role, really, so I couldn’t take him before the 4th personally. 

Tyler Johnson is sorta the exact opposite. What a good player, he does so many things well and he works/fights his *** off. He’s a winning player. But...it’s very concerning to me that he skipped the testing at the combine and now almost certainly won’t be doing any athletic testing at all. He plays like a guy who wouldn’t have impressed on those sorts of tests, and the fact that he was sorta running from them is a problem. How bad would his 40 have been? How tight is he? Concerning. He’s kinda Kelvin Harmon, and how much of an upgrade can we really expect him to be if we have to assume he’s also a poor athlete? Another guy I think is just too risky to go on Day 2. Would be in the mix in the 4th for me, depending on who else is there. 

Okay so we’re seeing the same thing that makes me happy with my grade E!!! Your the man!! I’m very high on Troutman. I know it’s a jump in competition but I think he’s the next big name he can block block and he has really good hands catches everything away from the frame. Natural hands basically. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Okay so we’re seeing the same thing that makes me happy with my grade E!!! Your the man!! I’m very high on Troutman. I know it’s a jump in competition but I think he’s the next big name he can block block and he has really good hands catches everything away from the frame. Natural hands basically. 

I’m trying to get more video on Trautman from the Senior Bowl. Something got screwed up with my DVR and I missed a couple days of the practices. To me, that’s pretty much the only way a layperson can get a good eval on guys like him — I’ve seen people posting clips of him destroying dudes in his college games, but who cares? It’s not just FCS, it’s bad FCS. Aside from San Diego (who I think has won a couple playoff game), the Pioneer League is a total non-entity even at that lower level. 

Reports out of Mobile were very promising about Trautman though, so I really want to get a chance to check him out from down there. Combine was decent, but it wasn’t anything special, so it definitely will all hinge on how well he was able to compete with his actual peers at the highest level. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I’m trying to get more video on Trautman from the Senior Bowl. Something got screwed up with my DVR and I missed a couple days of the practices. To me, that’s pretty much the only way a layperson can get a good eval on guys like him — I’ve seen people posting clips of him destroying dudes in his college games, but who cares? It’s not just FCS, it’s bad FCS. Aside from San Diego (who I think has won a couple playoff game), the Pioneer League is a total non-entity even at that lower level. 

Reports out of Mobile were very promising about Trautman though, so I really want to get a chance to check him out from down there. Combine was decent, but it wasn’t anything special, so it definitely will all hinge on how well he was able to compete with his actual peers at the highest level. 

All week he stacked up. I think he’s actually a top talent I don’t know his recruit story or anything I just ive seen them play a few games and the thing you always notice is he is the best player which is what’s supposed to happen to be in that conference. He’s kinda my Jimmy Moreland small school guy from last year. I enjoy scouting the small school guys. The ones that generally come out have this chip and I think if we’re lucky enough to get him you’ll see it in the way he blocks and the way he uses his body to help him in the passing game. He separated on that level but when he doesn’t he’s very good at contested catches and he has wiggle with his routes. I think he plays alittle faster then his time. But I don’t think his 40 was a critical concern for me he’s a gamer

• Like 2

His 3-cone time was really remarkable. 3rd best at the combine, behind only WR Mims and S Wallace. You wonder if that will be one of those things we look back on and say “yeah, that was a sign this guy was a next level talent.”

Do you feel good enough about him to put him toward the top of the BPA heap at #66? I’m starting to get a bad feeling that the 2nd round is going to clean out all the WRs I’ve been hoping might be there at 66 (Jefferson, Shenault, Aiyuk, Pittman, Mims, Reagor), and perhaps it would make more sense to wait until the 4th to grab a WR from the next tier. Something like Trautman in the 3rd and Van Jefferson in the 4th might be a good play.

I say that with apologies to @THESKINSFAN21, who I said “gross” to yesterday about the idea of taking a TE at the top of the 3rd instead of a WR. With more time to think about it and envision how I think the draft is going to flow, I think perhaps there’s a real chance you were right and I was wrong, my friend. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, e16bball said:

His 3-cone time was really remarkable. 3rd best at the combine, behind only WR Mims and S Wallace. You wonder if that will be one of those things we look back on and say “yeah, that was a sign this guy was a next level talent.”

Do you feel good enough about him to put him toward the top of the BPA heap at #66? I’m starting to get a bad feeling that the 2nd round is going to clean out all the WRs I’ve been hoping might be there at 66 (Jefferson, Shenault, Aiyuk, Pittman, Mims, Reagor), and perhaps it would make more sense to wait until the 4th to grab a WR from the next tier. Something like Trautman in the 3rd and Van Jefferson in the 4th might be a good play.

I say that with apologies to @THESKINSFAN21, who I said “gross” to yesterday about the idea of taking a TE at the top of the 3rd instead of a WR. With more time to think about it and envision how I think the draft is going to flow, I think perhaps there’s a real chance you were right and I was wrong, my friend. 

He’s been my pick for us in the third Since before the senior bowl. I had a big feeling he was gonna rise but I love his game and I’m hoping he is there I’m scared a seattle or NE will pick him up because they always tend to pluck my sleepers or project players. I know people look at the need but he’s the best player on my board I can actually see in the 3rd since as you said those WR’s you mentioned I have a feeling mid 2nd is where that run starts after you get the 5 drops that nobody knows how they fell out of round 1. I think the last of the 2nd tier tackles go after that and then the run on all the guys who are fringe 1st round talents most other years

9 hours ago, e16bball said:

Yeah, there really are only like 3 conferences in FCS that have good competition and level of play. The others have good teams at the top and not much else. Trautman is one I want to take a closer look at too.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

ETthRUrWsAMN_xP.jpg.a9a53b52ad42dbdd4fbf

That’s pretty remarkable. 

Oakland was able to turn Amari Cooper into 1st round SS Johnathan Abram, and Jacksonville was able to turn Fowler into 3rd round hybrid S/LB Quincy Williams. Jacksonville has a 5th from the Fowler deal in this draft, and the Jets have a 3rd and a conditional 2021 5th from the Giants for Leonard Williams. As of now, the Falcons look to be getting a 5th round comp pick in 2021 for Vic Beasley leaving.

At least those teams got something out of it. What a trainwreck. I hated the Scherff pick, but at least we got a guy who could play. 

Remarkable. I loved the pick and enjoyed debating the Leonard Williams and we need Kevin White guys. Glad we have a franchise tag to use in him. I do recall this draft was very different from this years in that it was viewed as 1. Not particularly strong up too, but lots of talent throughout, 2. No sure fire talk of can’t miss players ( Chase) and 3. Certainly no comparisons to HOF players like Chase is being compared to this year. Still the draft is really a roulette bet- unless you pick a sure fire player- better to have multiple bets ( draft choices throughout the first few rounds than have one at the top) 

40 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Awesome!

I remember a bunch of skins fans pissed at this selection.

"You don't pick a guard a #5"!

I loved the pick then & I love the pick now.

And he apparently WAS the right pick.

Now lock him up!

Yeah I loved the pick I just didn’t like Leonard Williams Like most. And I love DL prospects. I just he’s a solid player and that’s where he was. Cooper would have been a good pick and Gurley was the best player but injury concerns have come up as was the concern. QB was completely crazy as I just didn’t like either QB because Mariota was built smaller for his height the RG wasn’t as fast or as athletic and had a worse arm.

And I had Winston as undraftable and when he got selected I knew I was right him eating crab legs essentially mocking the fact that he got caught stealing and still was rewarded as the top pick. Not that the crime was my issue he’s just not mentally capable of playing that position to lead a group of me to a SB. My thing about Brandon was unless we were trading back which wasn’t a option with Cooper and Fowler gone Brandon was a position of need and the best player avalible reguardless of position.

It sucks that a year your bad enough to have pick 5 that Guard was actually a value. That spoke to the class in general. The value in the draft was the 2-5 round. Top picks were all over drafted outside of Coop Brandon and Todd. They were trying desperately to make a elite pass rusher and the class didn’t have one. Pulled my notes out that was one of my lowest grades group of first rounders ever. Outside of the QB’s in Cams class. But that class had DEFENSE galore!!!!