2020 Draft thread

lavar703

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

He ended up playing guard because he was so bad during training camp at tackle that they had no choice.

Exactly. Lets realize this people, Morgan Moses beat out Scherff for the starting RT position rather easily. Scherff will almost assuredly play RG his entire career save a lot of injuries and even when we've had those along the OL, he's still been kept at RG.

37 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Welp we got our 5th rounder back. Good luck finding a corner as good as Dunbar there. Embrace the tank. 

As someone said in that thread, Darby, Logan Ryan &  Xavier Rhodes are available and I added Breeland as an option also. All of them have had points of their careers where they played as good as or better then Dunny ever has.

38 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

As someone said in that thread, Darby, Logan Ryan &  Xavier Rhodes are available and I added Breeland as an option also. All of them have had points of their careers where they played as good as or better then Dunny ever has.

I do agree with this.   We better get ourselves on of these guys.  

IMO Logan Ryan would be a true Rivera type guy, I've heard hes basically a coach in the secondary. although I would like to have Breeland back. I think Breeland had his best years when he was here. Rivera wanted him in FA when we didnt resign him. I think he had an 8 mill deal with Carolina before he failed his physical for his foot

• Like 1

But a serious question I have and I want everyones opinion. I know the vast majority of us want Chase Young but outside of what you would do, I want your opinion on what you really think Washington is gonna do with that #2 pick

is it Chase or Trade

remember this question is not what YOU would do but what you think the team is going to do after  what we have seen since FA and the offseason has began

7 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

But a serious question I have and I want everyones opinion. I know the vast majority of us want Chase Young but outside of what you would do, I want your opinion on what you really think Washington is gonna do with that #2 pick

is it Chase or Trade

remember this question is not what YOU would do but what you think the team is going to do after  what we have seen since FA and the offseason has began

They’re going to take Chase Young. Partly because nobody is going to trade up for Tua having no clue about his health. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

IMO Logan Ryan would be a true Rivera type guy, I've heard hes basically a coach in the secondary. although I would like to have Breeland back. I think Breeland had his best years when he was here. Rivera wanted him in FA when we didnt resign him. I think he had an 8 mill deal with Carolina before he failed his physical for his foot

I agree Logan Ryan is a RR type player. He played for Belichick for 4 seasons and RR is similar to BB in certain ways. 

Logan Ryan is a good, valuable player. 

He’s also basically Kendall Fuller. Better in the slot, versatile to move around the formation, smart and instinctive, not physically capable of consistently competing on the outside. 

Breeland is the likely option, in my view. Rivera tried to sign him a couple seasons ago when his foot voided the deal, and he seems to actually want to come back to Washington — which evidently makes him a rarity in the world at this point. He’s a true outside CB and he probably won’t break the bank. 

Edited by e16bball

3 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

is it Chase or Trade

C

H

A

S

E

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

is it Chase or Trade

Tua is going to post a workout video and blow people away . Then it comes down to the offer we get on draft day . Right now it's 50 / 50 . I'm fine with either --if we get value.

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Exactly. Lets realize this people, Morgan Moses beat out Scherff for the starting RT position rather easily. Scherff will almost assuredly play RG his entire career save a lot of injuries and even when we've had those along the OL, he's still been kept at RG.

I dunno. I actually recall it differently. I don't remember it being really easy. I seem to remember that they figured that by putting Scherff at RG that it would make Moses more effective at RT. And after they got them set and they gelled together, it worked well and they stuck with that.

I'm not saying you guys are wrong or that Scherff would have beaten him out. I just remember it a bit differently in the strategic thinking by the coaches to address the OL as a whole.